ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Essex Subaru Owners Club (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/)
-   -   Engine Management Light - Ford Focus (https://www.scoobynet.com/essex-subaru-owners-club-362/681680-engine-management-light-ford-focus.html)

Ms Gooner 1 15 April 2008 10:37 AM

Engine Management Light - Ford Focus

As title really - bought a Ford Focus (ex police car) for Gooner and work. Driving fine. Then last night, a couple of lights showed up - Traction control and ABS. then battery went flat. Called Green Flag (:thumb: ), they got it started and confirmed batery was OK but now the engine management light is staying on :wonder:
It drives fine, its not juddering or stalling - anyone know of somewhere I can take it who aren't gonna have me over on cost - or indeed if you have any suggestions :thumb:

:D

Supercue 15 April 2008 10:39 AM

JUST ASK FRAYZ:D :thumb:

Spec'c'57 15 April 2008 10:43 AM

what year car is it? a few of us have some software that might be able to reset it. :D:D

Ms Gooner 1 15 April 2008 11:11 AM

Its a Y reg :idea: other than that though - I'm not sure of exact year :confused: LOL

Spec'c'57 15 April 2008 11:44 AM

The software might work then. works on my sisters pug 206 on a Y..

Ms Gooner 1 15 April 2008 12:27 PM

now the battery light is back on? :wonder:

rb5 286 15 April 2008 12:45 PM

my friend had a Focus ST170 which had about 15 ECU's before they gave him a brand new car

sounds like you may have an earthing problem or worst case , failing ECU

Tissy 15 April 2008 07:36 PM

I know the first problem, you bought an ex-police car :)

Spec'c'57 15 April 2008 07:38 PM

:eek: why DO they get rid of them? ;)

Budgie 15 April 2008 07:54 PM

wasnt this covered on watchdog last night
ford deny there is a problem
one guy fixed his by spraying wd40 on the back of the instrument binacle
short term solution though

budgie

Ms Gooner 1 15 April 2008 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tissy (Post 7810996)
I know the first problem, you bought an ex-police car :)

LOL - well it wasn't an x-persuit vehicle, it was a dog unit car, so I'm thinking that it wasn't as ruined as some :norty:
Anyhow, it suits the purpose, saves taking another vehicle and gutting out the seats and boarding it out - this way, its already been done :D Just need the dog cages now ;)

Shazza 16 April 2008 08:47 AM

I've had a similar problem with my engine management light on my Fiesta... I phoned Ford initially to see how much they'd charge for a diagnostic test... they wanted over £150!

I took my chances and just hoped the problem would go away... then I worked out what I'd been doing wrong... apparently the car doesn't like the engine being started up whilst in gear :rolleyes: I now remember to take it out of gear before hand :D

I think the pregnant brain has kicked in good and proper! :lol1:

spally 17 April 2008 09:02 AM

babes, that was before you was pregnant though!!!! ha ha ;) :luvlove:

Ms Gooner 1 17 April 2008 10:58 AM

Shazza LOL - you think your brain is going now - wait till bambino gets here - thats when it really goes to mush :D

I was once in such a rush getting out the house, i left my keys in the front door. On the way home from the shop - some 4 hours later, i was panicing like a good-en because I couldn't find my keys - and there they were - in the lock, where I'd left them!!!

An then I went on to have more - so you see, having one buba - REALLY does make you go nuts :freak3:

spally 17 April 2008 12:00 PM

vicki that has started already!!!! lol she forgets to take the car out of gear, leaves her purse laying around.....i could go on!!! ha ha and you say it gets worse!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Ms Gooner 1 17 April 2008 12:31 PM

Sorry mate - the worst is yet to come - wait till she leaves the baby in the shops!!!! :lol1:

spally 17 April 2008 12:33 PM

only a matter of time!!! lol ;)