ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   DFS - NEVER EVER BUY FROM THEM (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/630826-dfs-never-ever-buy-from-them.html)

Chris L 29 August 2007 12:06 PM

Check your rights under the Consumer Protection Act - you have cooling off periods for all credit agreements that you sign.

lordharding 29 August 2007 10:14 PM

DFS

make a very cheap suit look expensive

cost 130 retail £499

how else can they do 4 years % free credit

all branches have a full time upholster to do 30 - 40 suites a week

most branches sell 150 -300 sofas per week

salesman in DFS have the highest staff turnaround in the Industry and burn out after 6-12 months working 66 hours per week with 13 days on and one day off and work 9-8 pm every week day and weekends
they get paid on delivery charges , extended warrentys and care kits and kick back on finance sales

it was also very illegal for the manager to call to sign a credit agreement on your doorstep

be careful

Jam Performance 29 August 2007 10:22 PM

i used to work for dfs.. u need to contact the main bigman his name is lord kirkham, put a formal complaint through to him...

Ikhlaq Ahmad 10 February 2017 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jamo (Post 7214324)
unless you agreed for them to do a credit check on you, they have broken the law. data protection act etc. and I would be making sure they know you know the law and how it affects you and more importantly, THEM.

as for not getting you a taxi, no offence but surely thats not their job, and it would be going well beyond the call of duty.

unfortunatly the smaller business out there cant compete with the likes of DFS when it comes to price.

hence the reason you went there and no where else.

james

I have bought at dfs sofa it should arrive in three weeks but after over three weeks call me and say it will be again three weeks can be a week later I can do nothing and am very sour on the

neil-h 10 February 2017 04:31 PM

What on earth?! :lol1:

scooby k 10 February 2017 04:38 PM

I bought my sofas from Harveys, first few ones have minor little faults like little scratches and they replaced it straight away without any hassle at all. I was getting a brand new sofa every 4 months : ) But anyways there were really great to deal with which is how it should be when you spend a lot of money.

I cant stand places like Currys.

ossett2k2 10 February 2017 04:50 PM

Holy 10 year thread revival :eek: :lol1:

Turbohot 10 February 2017 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by scooby k (Post 11918279)
I bought my sofas from Harveys, first few ones have minor little faults like little scratches and they replaced it straight away without any hassle at all. I was getting a brand new sofa every 4 months : ) But anyways there were really great to deal with which is how it should be when you spend a lot of money.

I cant stand places like Currys.

Never knew Currys sold sofas tbh.

You live and learn, I suppose. I'll look for one there, next time I need one.

bustaMOVEs 10 February 2017 05:20 PM

Harvey's is no different ime, bought a dinning table years ago well before xmas delivery, x4 chairs missing, like wtf?
Ordered them to send me 4 chairs as in immediately and I don't care if they from the showroom as it was only a week or so till xmas and I needed them.
So they sent me some brand new cotton chairs, not leather but still sent me something to tide me till mine arrived.
And 2 days before xmas, my proper chairs also arrived lol.
What a farce and headache for nothing, you just don't need this before xmas.

ZANY 10 February 2017 05:28 PM

I buy my sofa called " veyron " there flagship model at time from cfs now named sofaworks 2 year later all springs popped out they took replaced all sitting bits and 5year later they are still all jolly well:)

DREAMS are defo best for beds
Bought there flagship tv malarkey bed 8 year ago and the TVs still works and goes up and down at the touch of a button :)

scooby k 10 February 2017 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11918281)

I just felt like mentioning Currys lol.

ZANY 10 February 2017 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11918281)

You being sarcastic sis :wonder: :) you'll have more luck at b&q:thumb:

neil-h 10 February 2017 05:46 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11918280)

And he seemingly signed up today just to make that post :lol1:

wrx300scooby 10 February 2017 05:57 PM

Originally Posted by Ikhlaq Ahmad (Post 11918276)
I have bought at dfs sofa it should arrive in three weeks but after over three weeks call me and say it will be again three weeks can be a week later I can do nothing and am very sour on the

:lol::cuckoo:

ossett2k2 10 February 2017 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11918293)

Scoobynet forum can easily get confused with the Sofanet forum so totally understandable :lol1:

tarmac terror 10 February 2017 08:49 PM

I ordered a sofa from DFS in June 1982, should be here any day now.

Uncle Creepy 10 February 2017 09:18 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11918280)

Originally Posted by neil-h (Post 11918293)

And he's very sour on the! :lol1:

Turbohot 10 February 2017 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by ZANY (Post 11918291)
You being sarcastic sis :wonder: :) you'll have more luck at b&q:thumb:

Of course, bro! I was teasing scooby k. :D

Personally, I thought there were more chances of someone bringing curry in the context of Currys than a flipping sofa!

I'll take my biscuit with me, and do one now. :thumb:

;) :D

ossett2k2 10 February 2017 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11918354)

Personally, I thought there were more chances of someone bringing curry in the context of Currys than a flipping sofa!

Korma down,no need to get mad-ras,things are starting to get a little spicy :)

Turbohot 10 February 2017 10:34 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11918370)

I was korma anyway, man! What is it?? Is this old thread now becoming complete nonsense with irrelavent comments for the sake of the puns? To be honest, it's much more fun! :D So basically, you are a right pundit, ossett2k2! You windaloo this pun match for sure!:thumb: :D

ossett2k2 10 February 2017 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11918374)
I was korma anyway, man! What is it?? Is this old thread now becoming complete nonsense with irrelavent comments for the sake of the puns? To be honest, it's much more fun! :D So basically, you are a right pundit, ossett2k2! You windaloo this pun match for sure!:thumb: :D

Thank you Swati that's very rice of you,we all like a good pun n' jibey :thumb:

ditchmyster 11 February 2017 08:40 AM

Easy way to tell if you're buying a decent sofa is try and pick it up, if it flies into the air with little effort then it's rubbish, if you have to plant your feet and bend your knees, your onto a winner. ;)

Edit to add; if it's leather you want to see the base cushions have only one large piece of leather and none of that painted dimple stuff either... wants to be proper hide with a nape when you brush it one way or the other with your hand or leave a mark when you scratch it with your finger nails. (marks come out easy enough with saddle soap or other wax type leather care products) :thumb:

It will be timeless and last for decades.

bustaMOVEs 11 February 2017 09:00 AM

Bought my sofa from barker and stone house way back probably about 7 years ago, leather, weigh a ton about £4K in sale (as always) and they still sturdy and the leather has last well with no rips etc, could do with a professional leather care clean and be new again. I'm reluctant to get rid, wife wants new, I want the oldskool gets better with age look lol.

ditchmyster 11 February 2017 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11918445)
Bought my sofa from barker and stone house way back probably about 7 years ago, leather, weigh a ton about £4K in sale (as always) and they still sturdy and the leather has last well with no rips etc, could do with a professional leather care clean and be new again. I'm reluctant to get rid, wife wants new, I want the oldskool gets better with age look lol.

I'm the same, fortunately wife agrees.

I have 2x3 seaters don't remember where from, had a mate in the trade, they were £2k each, had them about 9yrs and just coming into their own now, gentle saddle soap every few months (mrs is a horsey type country girl) and you'll put your back out trying to lift one end. :lol1:

bustaMOVEs 11 February 2017 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by ditchmyster (Post 11918453)
I'm the same, fortunately wife agrees.

I have 2x3 seaters don't remember where from, had a mate in the trade, they were £2k each, had them about 9yrs and just coming into their own now, gentle saddle soap every few months (mrs is a horsey type country girl) and you'll put your back out trying to lift one end. :lol1:

Agree lol, lucky for you then.
Mine seem to have faded slightly with wiping clean over the years, few scratches but that disappears when you put wet cloth over them hence a professional clean should bring them up

ditchmyster 11 February 2017 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs (Post 11918457)
Agree lol, lucky for you then.
Mine seem to have faded slightly with wiping clean over the years, few scratches but that disappears when you put wet cloth over them hence a professional clean should bring them up

Damp cloth with saddle soap will bring it up a treat. ;)

JTaylor 11 February 2017 12:44 PM

Considering a Chesterfield at the moment. Love the looks, worried about the comfort.

Liking this:

https://www.authenticfurniture.co.uk...s-Leather-Sofa

ZANY 11 February 2017 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Turbohot (Post 11918354)

:lol1:

Turbohot 11 February 2017 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11918379)
Thank you Swati that's very rice of you,we all like a good pun n' jibey :thumb:

Cool! Cheerio Tilda next time. :thumb: :D

ZANY 11 February 2017 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by ossett2k2 (Post 11918370)

Aaaah I see what you done there :notworthy

Korma
Madras and then...... rs wind-a-loo :D