ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Security (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/)
-   -   Programming a Key fob (https://www.scoobynet.com/security-16/457767-programming-a-key-fob.html)

pimmo2000 18 September 2005 04:22 PM

Programming a Key fob

Subaru wont tell me how to do it, the battery has been out of my fob for a while now, and its not working. How do I program it?

Its the Suabru fitted remote locking cat1 alarm/immobilser My99

Sigma Sam 19 September 2005 10:22 AM

Provided that you can disarm the system with a working Radio Key or the current PIN, then you can program new Radio Keys into the alarm system yourself, using the keypad, at any time.

If you do not have the current PIN, then option A is your best solution. However if you do not have a working Radio Key, then you will have to use option B and obtain the systems PIN code from Subaru (UK). Your dealer can obtain this for you if you can provide proof of ownership and the alarm systems 16-digit serial number.

A. Using a working Radio Key:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*91*n# (where n is the total number of keys required to work the system)
- Press each Radio Key briefly in turn (the dash board LED will flash and the siren beep each time)
- Once the nth Radio Key has been programmed, you should be able to arm/disarm the system using any of the Radio Keys programmed.

It is essential that all Radio Keys required to operate the system are programmed together. Any keys not present during the programming sequence above will no longer operate the system.

B. Using the current PIN Code (if a working Radio Key is not available):
- Arm and then Disarm the system using the current PIN
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- **abcd*91*n# (where abcd is the system’s PIN code and n is the total number of keys required to work the system)
- Press each Radio Key briefly in turn (the dash board LED will flash and the siren beep each time)
- Once the nth Radio Key has been programmed, you should be able to arm/disarm the system using any of the Radio Keys programmed.

It is essential that all Radio Keys required to operate the system are programmed together. Any keys not present during the programming sequence above will no longer operate the system.

Instructions on doing this can also be found in the security systems Operating Instructions. If you do not have these, a link to a copy can be found in the post at::
http://www.subaru-impreza.org/subaru...pic.php?t=2476

When using the keypad always observe the following points:
- The PIN number should not be entered too quickly or too slowly - when a digit has been pressed the small LED built into the keypad will illuminate briefly as confirmation and only then should the next digit be entered.
- If an incorrect digit is pressed or the delay between entering digits exceeds10 seconds, then the LED above the keypad will flash rapidly and the PIN attempt should be abborted and started again after 30 seconds.
- Due to the small size of the keypad some users may find a rubber tipped pencil easier to use. DO NOT use the sharp tip of a ball point pen etc, or press excessively hard on the keypad as this will only damage the membrane and cause a digit to remain pressed, causing a continual incorrect PIN.
- The keypad allows only THREE PIN attempts and then will "Lock Up" if an incorrect number is entered a third time. This is a security feature to prevent random PIN attempts disarming the system.

Hope this helps.
SS

pimmo2000 21 September 2005 06:18 AM

cheer mate, will give this a go if I ever find the batteries. Why does Halfords not sell them ? *******s

spiderman12 25 September 2005 03:31 PM

hi Sigma Sam
will *17856*91*n# this work with any sigma alarm

ive got a sigma alarm installed, however i lost the pin, but I do have a working working remote control.

I can't find the alarm console in the car so all tell you is the key fob has MPT 1340 WT on the back and you can remove the battery.

I thought I'd check with you first be i lock myself out of the car

Sigma Sam 26 September 2005 05:51 PM

Yep, the Radio Key you're describing sounds like an AC38 (or the Subaru badged equivelent), so provided that you have a keypad with the * and # icons in the top right hand corner, then this sequence should work to teach Radio Keys.

Are you aware that you can re-set your PIN?
Provided you have a working Radio Key and can disarm the system, carry out the following:
- Arm and then Disarm the system using a working Radio Key.
- Within 30 seconds of disarming, type into the keypad- *17856*92*wxyz*wxyz# (where wxyz is your new PIN code)
- Arm the system with the Radio Key
- You should now be able to disarm the system using the new PIN code

For anyone else reading this post, the sequences described inthis post will only work on the M-series range and Subaru systems. Earlier Sigma ranges such as the SG range can only be programmed with a dealer programmer and the latest S-series range requires the use of different numbers.
SS

spiderman12 26 September 2005 09:44 PM

thanks i'll try that

RickC 14 October 2005 06:58 PM

sigma sam, i have a sigma M2 alarm but i dont know the code or have a key fob as i lost it. But I have recently purcashed a key fob off ebay but cant get it to work with any of the above methods. Do i have to go to a dealer to resolve this? or is thier something else i can try?
Cheers
Rick

Sigma Sam 16 October 2005 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by RickC
sigma sam, i have a sigma M2 alarm but i dont know the code or have a key fob as i lost it. But I have recently purcashed a key fob off ebay but cant get it to work with any of the above methods. Do i have to go to a dealer to resolve this? or is thier something else i can try?
Cheers
Rick

You must be able to arm/disarm the system with a valid PIN or a working Radio Key before any new Radio Keys or a new PIN can be programmed - for security reasons.

I'm assuming this isn't a Subaru, as it's an non Thatcham M2 system, so an authorised Sigma dealer should be able to help you.
Send me a PM with your e-mail address, and I'll explain what will need to be done.
SS

Taffy223 28 August 2010 01:31 AM

SS
I have an 02 bugeye with one working key and one with no guts in it.
I have the code and would like to think I can buy a spare key from fleabay, change the circuit board and therefore have 2 working keys.
Is this feasable and will your instructions above work for my car?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
K

Taffy223 28 August 2010 01:32 AM

Originally Posted by Taffy223 (Post 9570075)
SS
I have an 02 bugeye with one working key and one with no guts in it.
I have the code and would like to think I can buy a spare key from fleabay, change the circuit board and therefore have 2 working keys.
Is this feasable and will your instructions above work for my car?

Thanks in advance
Cheers
K

just spotted 2005 post date.....:wonder:

MR_TOAD_INSTALLER 29 August 2010 03:49 PM

MR_TOAD

Originally Posted by Taffy223 (Post 9570077)
just spotted 2005 post date.....:wonder:

Send a picture of your remote to

sales@mobilecaralarms.com

and i can advise you

Regards Ian

Taffy223 03 September 2010 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by MR_TOAD_INSTALLER (Post 9572071)
Send a picture of your remote to

sales@mobilecaralarms.com

and i can advise you

Regards Ian

Ian
Thanks very much
I'll send a pic as soon as poss

Cheers
Kieran

Taffy223 03 September 2010 11:51 PM

Ian is this your email....just so i know it's you I'm talking to.

wrx sti ppp 13 October 2010 10:08 AM

Taffy223, would you mind posting any response please as i am in the same situation...one key working with my car; an old key from a previous car and want that to work with new car...make sense? cheers.

jj460 04 December 2011 09:18 AM

lost my remote yesterday and now cant turn alarm/imobeliser off. help?????

JDM_Stig 04 December 2011 09:47 AM

if you had thought about it before you lost your last good fob you would know the code for that key pad you have mentioned in the other post.

jj460 04 December 2011 09:52 AM

did not know about a code before i looked it up. gutted.

andyz0 27 February 2012 03:02 PM

Great guide and handy - Reprogrammed my key fob that died without needing the pin code. Then reprogrammed the pincode to what Subaru had on record (didn't work before!).
However now the alarm goes off 2/3 of the time when locking or unlocking? Only since I changed the pin code and reprogrammed keys. Any suggestions? The only way round the problem is keep pressing the remote lock until it's unlocked and alarm isn't going off!

Thanks

andyz0 04 March 2012 03:39 PM

Any thoughts anyone? Getting a bit desparate now.
The alarm goes off every time I lock the car and it's driving people mad - me included!
Subaru want to charge me god-knows-what for a diagnosis.
-I have driven it on a longer drive to ensure the battery is ok - and it's over 12v on the voltmeter.
-I've tried the *17856*91*n# with a key and **xxxx*91*n# with the pin code.
-The alarm appears to be going off when locking it, not unlocking.
-The alarm doesn't sound when arming and disarming using the pincode.
-I've tried reprogramming some distance away from home in case loads of wireless radio signals were interferring with the programming - same problem.
-Tried it with programming just one key, then the other, then both - same problem.

steve nic 04 March 2012 05:15 PM

check you bonnet switch or just unplug it and see if it makes any difference!and make sure all doors are closed and if no joy put some thick tape over the ultra sonics and try that,if none of thats no good might be fooked!

andyz0 04 March 2012 05:25 PM

Thanks I'll give it a go. Made sure all doors + boot + bonnet are closed. Where is the bonnet switch? I'll try taping the US sensors but its strange how it only started after reprogramming, so I think it might be the alarm or something.
Is it worth going to a local garage for diagnostics, rather than the dealer?

steve nic 05 March 2012 08:52 PM

any luck with it?

andyz0 05 March 2012 09:02 PM

Not had a chance yet - I'll try tomorrow. Do you know where the bonnet plug/switch is?

steve nic 05 March 2012 09:05 PM

prob on the drivers side near suspension strut and alarm siren!

craiginsight 06 March 2012 05:00 PM

Good guide thanks. Just changed the pin to something I'll remember :)

andyz0 15 March 2012 08:28 AM

SOLVED:
Finally fixed it! Went back to basics and simply disconnected the battery for 30 seconds, then once reconnected locked it - the alarm went off once and never since. I have also re-programmed two keys with it (as one was programmed before disconnecting) and no problems.
Not sure what was causing the problem - perhaps some memory within the ECU or alarm was scrambled and disconnecting the battery cleared it?
Thanks for everyone’s help - hopefully this solution will help if anyone else encounters the same weird problem!

Andy

scoobymac79 05 January 2013 02:44 PM

I have recently changed the ECU on my uk300 but the car won't now fire up, the red key icon stays on when he key is turned. Do I need to program the key?

Thanks

joey_turbo 06 January 2013 01:09 AM

You'll need the keys coded to that ECU. A mapper or Subaru dealer can do this. Its completely separate from the alarm key coding, as being discussed here.

Sacalu 19 August 2013 11:59 AM

Need help, is my Sigma the problem

I have a Subaru Impreza 2001 turbo, with the sigma alarm system with keyfob AC38. Two days ago I drove home from work, parked the car and everything was fine and dandy. This morning, the car won't start. :mad:
I don't believe it is the battery, all the other lights, radio etc work perfectly but the alarm light does not light up on the dash.
I have had problems with the fob b4 and have been using the key to get in the car... Do I need to reset it, how, and even a dumber question, am I supposed to have a sort of keypad there somewhere or the switch. Where should it be located? :confused:

andyz0 19 August 2013 12:13 PM

The keypad is to the right of the steering wheel at knee height, just pull down. How to program it is already covered in this thread. Let us know how you got on!