ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   70's & 80's CRISPS (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/313918-70s-and-80s-crisps.html)

powerwrx 23 June 2006 11:13 AM

your all forgetting the king of snacks FISH N CHIPS.
and BURGER N CHIPS for a while too.

and them horrible PUFFS, SALT&VINEGAR AND CHEESE&ONION

powerwrx 23 June 2006 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Mogsi
Amen

You just can't beat Pickled Onion Space Raiders.....

YOU CAN MY FRIEND SPICY SPACE RAIDERS

Dr Hu 23 June 2006 11:23 AM

Are you saying they've re-introduced the Original Roast Beef Moster Munch in the Yellow packet?????........I hope I'm not disappointed......

Runs off to shops in haste........

richiewong 23 June 2006 11:24 AM

Can you still get Frazzles haven't seen them about for a while, but then again ain't looking too hard:rolleyes::D

Dream Weaver 23 June 2006 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by powerwrx
your all forgetting the king of snacks FISH N CHIPS.
and BURGER N CHIPS for a while too.

and them horrible PUFFS, SALT&VINEGAR AND CHEESE&ONION

I covered fish & chips earlier ;)

For some good snack type crisps in the modern era, the Sainsbury's Economy crisps are excellent - Onion rings, S&V chips and cheese puffs, taste superb and only 58p for 10 small bags :D

MattW 23 June 2006 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by richiewong
Can you still get Frazzles haven't seen them about for a while, but then again ain't looking too hard:rolleyes::D

Yes, all the supermarkets do the 6 pack multibags.

I was in a cash and carry recently and found Tomato Sauce snaps too :D

P1-Brad 23 June 2006 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu
Are you saying they've re-introduced the Original Roast Beef Moster Munch in the Yellow packet?????........I hope I'm not disappointed......

Yup, these can be found easiest in the Multi-bags and a few places sell them seperately! :)

shaunywrx 23 June 2006 11:45 AM

Has anyone mentioned "KP Disco's" yet, they're yummy, and you can still get them now!:)

Funkii Munkii 23 June 2006 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
Sausage and tomata flavour crisps (think they were Smiths or Walkers)

Yeah they were really nice.

Golden Wonder will be back on the scene soon. Now their cheese and Onion are surely the best.

Chip.

Good to hear GW will be back, it was GW who made the Sausie and Tom crisps, they went bust a while back, always amazed me how Walkers stole a march on GW, as GW are/were by far the best crisps, you're spot on with regards to the GW Cheese and Onion, magnificent, Walkers are to salty and oily for me, all flavours.

Anyone remember Football Crazies (edited to say Gazza99 does lol) little smokie Bacon maize balls, another tuck shop favourite, do tuck shops still exist or did Jamie Oliver have them all torched to the ground ??

lawson101 23 June 2006 12:27 PM

Originally Posted by Petem95
What were those thick cut roast beef and mustard ones?!!! those were LOVELY!!!!

Was the the Brannigan's ones by any chance?

There was a petrol station down the road from my mate that would get boxes of these in very infrequently.

They also did gammon and pickle flavour as well iirc.

I have a distant memory of small lattice like crisps that were very crunchy, but the haze is too think to remember!!

Her at the back 23 June 2006 12:30 PM

Piglets where they the ones shaped like pigs?

I liked the chicken & chips rather than fish & chips

Freak 23 June 2006 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Dr Hu

yes...but they dont taste as good as the old ones

Petem95 23 June 2006 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by lawson101
Was the the Brannigan's ones by any chance?

Thats the ones!!! :D

Just had a quick check on google and you can still get them!!! Sainsburys dont stock the buggers tho!

corradoboy 23 June 2006 01:20 PM

What were those thick cut roast beef and mustard ones?!!! those were LOVELY!!!! Dont know if they were smiths or walkers, but they were well nice.

I think they only stopped doing them recently :(

I think the same brand also did roast lamb and mint sauce which was also nice!

Brannigans.....mmmmm :D Didn't know they'd stopped :(

Just found out they haven't stopped :thumb:

J4CKO 23 June 2006 01:34 PM

Anyone remember when for a brief period in the eighties you could get Salt and Vinegar/Cheese and Onion flavour Salt and Shake ?

Also, Kettle Chips are nice, or at least the plain ones are, most of the other flavours taste of socks, way to strong, they did however do the king of all crisp flavours for a time,

Sea Salt, Rosemary and Garlic

sadly gone now to be replaced by some horrible Dockers Sock and Leibfraumilch flavour, or is it Bell end and Burgundy ?

Nicci 23 June 2006 01:39 PM

Thanks for the piglets reminder, I had forgotten all about them.

My faves were fish and chips though.

lawson101 23 June 2006 01:45 PM

Thats the ones!!! :D

Just had a quick check on google and you can still get them!!! Sainsburys dont stock the buggers tho!

http://www.brackenbankstores.co.uk/acatalog/crisps.html Look about half way down the page:thumb:

Chip 23 June 2006 02:27 PM

Anyone remember Bitza Pizza.

Chip

King Eric 23 June 2006 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chip
Anyone remember Bitza Pizza.

Chip

Yeah chip! Quality

How about Pomme Bears? :)

Pickled Onion Monster munch are hard to beat

Chip 23 June 2006 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by King Eric
Yeah chip! Quality

How about Pomme Bears? :)

Pickled Onion Monster munch are hard to beat

Pomme bears, yeah kids still buy them now.

Chip

JamieMacdonald 23 June 2006 02:59 PM

Used to get crisps in Scotland called "Highlander"... did a lovely "blue cheese" flavour, mmmmmmmm! :D

chezb 23 June 2006 03:56 PM

I can remember some crisps called Oddens. The cheeseburger flavour ones were lovely!

Also, as well as the piglets, there were ones shaped like chickens as well!

Leslie 23 June 2006 04:05 PM

Smiths were always the best, there is something about the others which is not quite right when I remember how good the Smith's ones were.

Les

Trucker Ted 23 June 2006 05:36 PM

Aye Jamie, i loved the Highlander Ayrshire bacon and brown sauce, i also remember the Rancheros, also loved the Phileas fogg puri or poori and the garlic mignons as mentioned earlier,they were dead spicy and a big no,no if going to meet the mrs(girlfriend at the time) :lol1: ,you only got them in petrol stations for some reason!!

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 June 2006 05:49 PM

Anyone remember Hedgehog Flavour crisps? Came from someplace near Welshpool. Were actually flavoured with herbs - so as they were technically lying on the packet they had to cease production under EU law as the packaging was misleading..... :cuckoo: :lol1:

Chip 23 June 2006 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Trucker Ted
Aye Jamie, i loved the Highlander Ayrshire bacon and brown sauce, i also remember the Rancheros, also loved the Phileas fogg puri or poori and the garlic mignons as mentioned earlier,they were dead spicy and a big no,no if going to meet the mrs(girlfriend at the time) :lol1: ,you only got them in petrol stations for some reason!!

Thibk they may still sell them in Morrisons and Makro as well.

Chip

J4CKO 23 June 2006 06:39 PM

'loved the Highlander Ayrshire bacon and brown sauce,'

Did you shop at Iceland by any chance ?

ski 23 June 2006 11:18 PM

People dont forget about SKY DIVERS !!! only came in two flavours I think?Plain and salt and vinegar,or some other chemical flavours.

Also remember some Super crunchies.

JamieMacdonald 24 June 2006 10:11 AM

Didn't someone do chocolate crisps for a short while?

chezb 24 June 2006 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by JamieMacdonald
Didn't someone do chocolate crisps for a short while?

Yeah they did, and if I remember rightly they were a couple a quid a packet.

Can remember my mum did some homemade ones for my brother, lol!

Cheryl