ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum

ScoobyNet.com - Subaru Enthusiast Forum (https://www.scoobynet.com/)
-   Non Scooby Related (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/)
-   -   70's & 80's CRISPS (https://www.scoobynet.com/non-scooby-related-4/313918-70s-and-80s-crisps.html)

wakeboardar 26 March 2004 10:17 PM

have you ever put a bit of fresh vinigar in with your salt n shake lush.

scoobypreza 26 March 2004 11:34 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon
Tubes.

I forgot all about them!!

I used to love those crisps shaped like Wheels.
We used to have them for a special treat when it was our birthday. We'd even eat them if they had gone soggy because they had been out in a bowl all day!

Scampi and Lemon Nick Nacks..... smelly but yummy !! :p

cath

boxst 27 March 2004 12:55 AM

Hello

I used to like Salt And Vinegar flavoured "Bones".

Steve.

scoobytravis 27 March 2004 02:55 AM

Tudor Crisps

Roast Lamb & mint Sauce by Tudor Crisps

In fact tudor, did many strange, er more adventurous flavours including curry, sweet & sour and were I think one of the 1st to do prawn cocktail

Where are they now????

Graham

Guinness 27 March 2004 09:36 AM

I'd climb a mountain for a canny bag of tudor.........:)

Scoob99 27 March 2004 09:45 AM

LMFAO@Alcazar:D

Kevin Groat 27 March 2004 10:03 AM

Who remembers Ranchero's, they were Bacon and I think there's was a Bacon and Baked Beans as well.

Presume some of you chaps have just stopped buying crisps - or is it just that I'm a crisp fanatic, a lot of the crisps mentioned are still available - sausage & tomato (Golde Wnder), salt n shake, space raiders.

Golden Wonder used to make a Tomato flavoured crisp that were very stongly flavoured - they disappeared again late 70's when all the fuss about 'e' numbers started.

JamesG 27 March 2004 06:17 PM

Ranchero's were the best by miles, or how about a big bag of wheelz in the orange pack, skydivers anyone lol.

J4CKO 27 March 2004 07:49 PM

Kevin, I remember Rancho/Rancheros, sort of proto Frazzle thing, remember Bones and some other 'horror' themed ones from being at junior school, how about

Good 'n' Crunchy crisps (Sort of Bran infused nastiness)
KP Pizza flavour crisps (white Bag, went down well with a can of Quattro)
Krunchi Puffs (School tuck shop, 10p a bag, made you cough)
Family bag of Smiths Ready Salted (From the offy)
Cheezers (Wotsits competitor, stuck to the roof of you mouth)

Ringos are sort of still about, had some a while back but they are bigger with a different texture and nowhere near as good.

Salt and Shake (little blue sachet of salt) are still about as I buy them and eat them minus the salt because I find most crisps too salty anyway.

Wheat Crunchies, only ever to be available (along with Nik Naks) from the vending machine at the Swimming Baths.

Bovril, Walkers still do Marmite but they are rubbish in Comparison.

Mignons Morceaux, Garlic Bread, seemed nice at first but made you feel really ill after troffing the whole bag, dead greasy.

jods 22 June 2006 11:33 PM

What about foofing Ringos ????

Bring them back dudes

DavidBrown 23 June 2006 12:12 AM

You can still buy Ringos around here (even though I've been told they don't make them anymore).. as the advert goes "No ring goes like a ringo-goes".. advertised using cartoon cavemen.

Round our way you could also buy Fangs, Claws, Bats and Bones

Andy S. 23 June 2006 12:20 AM

Chipsticks

You can still buy wheat chrunchies

boxst 23 June 2006 12:21 AM

Originally Posted by jods

Bring them back dudes

Hello

They are back apparently: http://www.goldenwonder.com/brands/ringos.asp

Steve

penfold118 23 June 2006 01:23 AM

Loved the roast beef "monster munch" got a pack last week for the first time in ages and I am sure they have shrunk !!! or have I grown that much!!

corradoboy 23 June 2006 02:58 AM

Bovril were one of my faves, but M&S used to do some BBQ Beef chipsticks that were awesome. Not the puffy ones, thin but sturdy and loads of flavour, and in a big, big bag which is always a bonus. My Mum used to have to call in on her way home from work twice a week just so's we could have some :D They used to sell like hot cakes, and then one day they were gone :( Guess M&S fell out with the supplier :rolleyes:

fatscoobyfella 23 June 2006 08:27 AM

C+O ringo's were the one..Quality..
I remember bones they were nice,in fact most crisps were!!

Anyone remember chattersnax??They were in a long thin bag,and had a variety of flavours.They were shaped like 'O" and 'X" and stars if i remember correctly..Chicken flavour hhmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Oh and bovril flavour crisps made by XL...not sure what happened to that company!!

Drunken Bungle Whore 23 June 2006 08:28 AM

Rancheros were fab! :thumb:

No mention yet of Fish & Chips - the packet was printed like an old news paper and was full of tiny fish and chip shaped munchy things smothered in a really strong salt and vinegary flavouring! :eek:

Or Hanky Panky - sweet corn puff things with bits of buts IIRC!

Spicy tomato snaps! :thumb: Easy to get when I visit my mum near Walsall - not so easy to get in Gerrards Cross! :nono: Can occasionally find them in a variety multipack in Tesco! :D

speed demoness 23 June 2006 08:47 AM

Bones... omg... had forgotten all about those!

i've had ringos recently.... just not the same at all !!!!!!:cry:
I used to love the beef puffs... or the bacon and bean ones.

Chipsticks where another fave too.

Crazy Chick 23 June 2006 08:54 AM

Curry flavour ringos and hedgehog flavour crisps :D

Abdabz 23 June 2006 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by fatherpierre
Remember Bits Of Pizza? Fooking horrible LOL.

I loved those :notworthy - Tremendous crips :thumb:

Dream Weaver 23 June 2006 09:33 AM

I forgot about Piglets!! :D

Fish & Chips were good, Beef Puffs (:D), and my fave, Whickers - the nearest you can get to these are Bugles in Spain :)

Gazza_99 23 June 2006 09:55 AM

Football Crazy use to be my favourite crisps !! Anyone remember them ??

sydsnot2002 23 June 2006 10:00 AM

has to be pickled onion monster munch,, bought a pack last week and WTF!!! has happened to the size of them, the are so small now..... isnt nothing sacred.............

Freak 23 June 2006 10:08 AM

Salt 'n' shake
Cheese Hula Hoops
Cheese & onion hula hoops
Roast Beef monster Munch (the new reissue is nowhere near as nice)
Space raiders (bought a box of these from the post office of all places a few weeks ago
Ringos- cheese & onion
Salt & vinegar Chipsticks

Jerome 23 June 2006 10:13 AM

Does anyone know where you can buy salt and vinegar chipsticks?

You can get a poor copy in tescos, but in a huge bag (which has to be eaten in a oner, it's the law you know).

The last place I saw them was in an English goods shop in London, Ontario last year. If you can get them in Canada, you must be able to get them in the UK.

movi-star 23 June 2006 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by jods

Bring them back dudes

Cheese & Onion Ringos are available now in Tescos Express in the sleepy bistro Hamlet of Corby. Probably something to do with the fact Golden Wonder were making crisps in Corby up till recently, they only do mini pringles now.

Bitzapizza were lovely.

Also remember Walkers BBQ Beef, not the same as todays Barbeque or Beef Walkers flavour, I remember scoffing a pack of them watching Eng v Argiecheats at Mexico86..........they were the days!

FlightMan 23 June 2006 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Big Col
5p space raiders :)

You can still buy these! My daughter loves 'em.

lozgti 23 June 2006 10:55 AM

Any crisps that you could suck and they would stick to your tongue.Also with enough vinegar to make your eyes water.

So,chipsticks for me:D

Mogsi 23 June 2006 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by Freak

Space raiders (bought a box of these from the post office of all places a few weeks ago

Amen

You just can't beat Pickled Onion Space Raiders.....

Petem95 23 June 2006 11:03 AM

What were those thick cut roast beef and mustard ones?!!! those were LOVELY!!!! Dont know if they were smiths or walkers, but they were well nice.

I think they only stopped doing them recently :(

I think the same brand also did roast lamb and mint sauce which was also nice!