Notices
Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

M135i again

Search this Thread

Old 27 February 2015, 05:52 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Right then, now I'm a trolling goon just because I don't agree with you that the M135i is the best car since sliced bread and can wipe the floor with just about everything out there, while I'm sure it's a good car and fun to drive it's not that special.

I'll not lower myself and resort to personal insults or childish name calling, but if it makes you happy carry on, all you do is make yourself seem rather childish, just because someone doesn't agree with you you resort to name calling, very mature.
Old 27 February 2015, 05:55 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
No, you turned into an idiot some time ago.
A shame as before your idiotisation, you were quite a decent chap.
I suspect virtual peer pressure did it.
Good lad, I hope that makes you feel better.
Old 27 February 2015, 06:08 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John;

The M diff is very good in rubbish conditions; A good reason to fit a Quaife or BMW LSD if conditions are often poor.

Basically Sport+ disables DSC and leaves DTC on. It's a bit hard to describe but this (nabbed from another site) is quite useful:

The standard Dynamic Stability Control system DSC includes the anti-lock braking system (ABS), the Dynamic Traction Control system (DTC), the Cornering Brake Control system (CBC) and the Dynamic Brake Control system (DBC). These capabilities are now complemented by additional features such as the Brake Assistant, Fading Compensation, Dry Braking functionality and a Hill Start Assistant. In DTC mode, the response thresholds of the driving stability control system are automatically set at a higher level. This makes pulling away on loose sand or in deep snow far easier. In addition, controlled slippage on the drive wheels gives the vehicle the ability to dynamically oversteer when negotiating bends. When DSC mode is off, the Active Differential Brake (ADB-Sport) on the rear axle is activated. To optimise traction during acceleration in tight bends, a carefully calculated braking force is applied to any drive wheel which the system detects as slipping, to enable the remaining drive wheel on the axle to continue to power the vehicle forwards.

You can still go one further and turn the whole lot off. It's quite interesting...
Old 27 February 2015, 06:28 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So sport plus is not just the e diff and is saving your ***...
Old 27 February 2015, 06:32 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by john banks
So sport plus is not just the e diff and is saving your ***...
Sort of; I honestly don't know. But it feels far more grippy in that mode but quite lairy. You have to go a bit mad for anything to intervene.
Old 27 February 2015, 07:04 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Without DSC OFF you are kidding yourself re your throttle and steering control and the real stability of your chassis. It is as sanitised as the AWD cars you dislike and will not punish on off throttle. Sport + is not DSC OFF, you implied it was which is where only the e diff is working. Would you confidently drive it hard with DSC off in the wet? See my point?

Last edited by john banks; 27 February 2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old 27 February 2015, 07:11 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Without DSC OFF you are kidding yourself re your throttle and steering control and the real stability of your chassis. It is as sanitised as the AWD cars you dislike and will not punish on off throttle. Sport + is not DSC OFF, you implied it was which is where only the e diff is working. Would you confidently drive it hard with DSC off in the wet? See my point?
Yes; although I feel no need to drive hard in the wet just as I feel no need to sunbathe in Winter; but Sport+ makes the best progress in general.
Old 27 February 2015, 07:13 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Careful John, he'll take his ball and disappear for a couple of weeks if you question his or his cars awesomeness.
Old 27 February 2015, 09:11 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Do you actually own a car jon or are you just here to stick your oar in on every thread and pretend you're a financier of some sort?
Where have I pretended to be a financier in this thread?

Because I suspect you just drive your Mum's Perodua and do admin for a corner shop.
Can I just say that you have amazing powers of deductions, did you deduce that all by yourself?

The way you feel the need to butt into every thread with an always useless post suggests a very unhappy little man.
No you're right.....oh wait, this is an open internet forum right?

Like DD said, you just don't get it, and doubt you ever will.
Old 27 February 2015, 10:18 PM
Fabioso
Scooby Regular

17k+ views on a thread on 1 car.....that is a lot of views

I'm staying way out of this "Scoobynet discussion" because some of the posts here are getting pretty personal and I am wondering why we can't all just get along to some degree? just sayin........
Old 27 February 2015, 11:03 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

PMSL - this is quickly becoming a SN classic.

You guys need to chill out. Either that or throw some abuse at me.... I'm feeling unwanted!
Old 28 February 2015, 08:00 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun

You guys need to chill out. Either that or throw some abuse at me.... I'm feeling unwanted!
Don't worry mate we'll all come over to your threads now because matts probably going to disappear for a couple of weeks now he's let on that he's not really the stig and it's the computer driving his car for him.
Old 28 February 2015, 10:39 AM
jonc
Scooby Regular

Well you can start with having delusional grandeur with an air of hypocrisy with regards to the car you own and how you bought it and also with your driving abilities.
Old 28 February 2015, 01:32 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Originally Posted by jonc
Well you can start with having delusional grandeur with an air of hypocrisy with regards to the car you own and how you bought it and also with your driving abilities.

I was doing that 10yrs ago!
Old 28 February 2015, 01:53 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by jonc
With regards to how I bought it? Eh?
My driving abilities; could you remind me when you drove with or beside me? I can't remember. Let's stick to facts, not made up BS. I stick to what I know about you; there's plenty to play with.

Anyway, our little Cornwall M135i group just met up for a karting session (after a nice surf) then a hoon to a local pub. Much fun despite dampness and a very decent bunch of people. Oh and no one in the group can keep up with me on the road; our third meet so fairly conclusive

Last edited by Matteeboy; 28 February 2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 28 February 2015, 02:13 PM
RS Grant
Scooby Regular

Oh and no one in the group can keep up with me on the road; our third meet so fairly conclusive
Some say he thinks the M135i can do no wrong and will fight anyone who dares question his authority... all we know is, he's called Matteeboy.

Cheers,
Grant
Old 28 February 2015, 02:33 PM
Daryl
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Devildog
Clearly you don't "get it"
No he doesn't, a bit like f1flange as bioforger amusingly called him!
Old 28 February 2015, 02:37 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RS Grant
Some say he thinks the M135i can do no wrong and will fight anyone who dares question his authority... all we know is, he's called Matteeboy.

Cheers,
Grant
Hahahahaa; Nice one!

Old 28 February 2015, 02:46 PM
jonc
Scooby Regular

My driving abilities; could you remind me when you drove with or beside me? I can't remember. Let's stick to facts, not made up BS. I stick to what I know about you; there's plenty to play with.

Anyway, our little Cornwall M135i group just met up for a karting session (after a nice surf) then a hoon to a local pub. Much fun despite dampness and a very decent bunch of people. Oh and no one in the group can keep up with me on the road; our third meet so fairly conclusive
Yes, lets stick with facts, you know, how you accuse people of "chest puffing" and talking BS when someone chooses not to buy their car outright even thought they have the cash to so but rent/finance it and how this doesn't make any sense to you because you end up with nothing at the end of it, whilst at the same you "puff" your own chest out by telling everyone you have enough cash to buy a property outright but choose to rent as it gives you more "flexibility".

Or how about your hypocrisy with you telling me to stick with facts and what you know about me, when you have no evidence of what car my mother drives but I supposedly drive her Perodua and that I do admin for a corner shop.

You have no need for me to drive with you since you promote yourself as some sort of driving god (with electronic nannying!), no one has the ability to keep up with you (another "chest puffing" boast!). They must be decent bunch as you said as I would guess your group let you lead, otherwise you'd spoil the meet with a childish strop and all manner of excuses!

We all know how you like us to think it's all about you and that you love to promote yourself and tell us how great you are, but seeing how bad you are at it, it surprises me that you actually work in the the PR business at all.
Old 28 February 2015, 03:24 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Winning road races has as much to do with your attitude to risk than your abilities behind the wheel.
Old 28 February 2015, 05:48 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the threads always end this way as soon as Matt pipes up
Old 28 February 2015, 06:01 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Forums are meant to be entertaining.
The idiots are drowning out the decent people.
I've tried, it's not worth the aggro.

Your work is done pathetic trolls.
Old 28 February 2015, 06:05 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Matt,
Don't be like that..... if any troll got to me, I would have legged it years ago (and I've had loads of them lol). Suck it up like a sponge and laugh it off.

It is ONLY the internet.

Relax, chill-out and have fun.

At times you perhaps don't do yourself any favours, and like yourself, there are some strong characters on here.

You just gotta roll with the punches kid.
Old 28 February 2015, 06:35 PM
Maz
Scooby Senior

Matt,
Don't be like that..... if any troll got to me, I would have legged it years ago (and I've had loads of them lol). Suck it up like a sponge and laugh it off.

It is ONLY the internet.

Relax, chill-out and have fun.

At times you perhaps don't do yourself any favours, and like yourself, there are some strong characters on here.

You just gotta roll with the punches kid.
+1.
In your own words if you were any more laid back Shaun you'd be horizontal!
Matt Snet is better with you than without.
Old 28 February 2015, 06:51 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

lol bye then.
Old 28 February 2015, 07:35 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Forums are meant to be entertaining.
The idiots are drowning out the decent people.
I've tried, it's not worth the aggro.

Your work is done pathetic trolls.
He's taken his ball and he's not coming out to play anymore.
Old 28 February 2015, 08:04 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
Winning road races has as much to do with your attitude to risk than your abilities behind the wheel.
Yep, strange how he never mentioned who won at carting.

No doubt he had the slowest cart, despite being 5'4" and 7 stone dripping wet, between that and the early onset of male pattern baldness it's no wonder he suffers from small man syndrome and has an inferiority complex that makes him feel the need to big himself up at every opportunity (excuse the pun)

But hey lets not pick hairs.
Old 02 March 2015, 08:28 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

It is always interesting the range of opinions a car excites. It would be interesting to hear deano's thoughts in detail. In terms of test drives, there are only a few where I could really exercise the car and fully appreciate it. Many others due to the salesperson, my manners, or the roads used were inadequate, and then owning the car revealed whether it was a keeper or not. No shame in changing your mind, especially if you can come out relatively unscathed financially.
I bought the car last May and it replaced a stage 4 GTR. I sold the Nissan because I was moving to the seafront and the garage was too small. I didn't want it parked outside getting covered in salt spray and seagull ****.

Good points = Solid, quiet, reasonably nippy, noise
Bad points = Poor traction, numb steering, rolls like crazy, fugly

Paid £27,500 and got £24,500 so not too bad all things considered.

If they still made Evo 9s and I was 15 years younger then I would be a happy man.
Old 02 March 2015, 10:01 PM
john banks
Scooby Regular

Not bad loss at all. What are you thinking of next?
Old 02 March 2015, 10:15 PM
deano
Scooby Regular

I pick up a TT RS Plus next week.

Had a standard TT RS out on Saturday, it had that really pointy steering feel just like an Evo. Weight is 1500kg, looks nice and will go over 400bhp with a £700 remap.

Quick Reply: M135i again