Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Other Marques
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 29 October 2008, 19:56   #1
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"
Question Problem with 2001 Ford Focus central locking

It's been playing up over the last few weeks and I can't figure it out! When I press the plipper to lock the car it locks but then unlocks itself straight away. The only way to lock the car is to go around to the passenger door and manually use the key in the lock and only then does it lock and activate the imobliser. Does anyone know what's going on and if so is there a fix as it's doing my head in!
prodriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2008, 20:34   #2
BLU
Trails Fan Club

Trader Score: (22)
100006075528848 @bluscoob
Send a message via MSN to BLU

Sounds to me as if the passenger lock mechanism is a bit sticky. When you lock the car with the plipper or on the drivers side it doesn't lock the passenger door (as its sticking) hence it unlocking the rest of the doors (cycling is the name for it!) When you lock it on the passenger side the mechanical force you produce when turning the key ovecomes this stickyness hence it locking ok. I would check and clean the passenger lock mechanism and see if that cures it
BLU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2008, 21:06   #3
prodriva
Scooby Regular

Location: "Every one should have a friend called Dave - they're the human equivalent of a Swiss Army knife!!"

Ok, cheers blu-scoob. I'll take a gander over the weekend and see what's what.
prodriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2008, 21:09   #4
BLU
Trails Fan Club

Trader Score: (22)
100006075528848 @bluscoob
Send a message via MSN to BLU

Let us know how ya get on.....
BLU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2008, 22:25   #5
blu scoob
Scooby Regular

got the same problem with mine so I disconected the passenger door plug and now all the rest work so I need a new cenral locking motor for the pass side
blu scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 October 2008, 22:25

Tags
2001, 2002, broken, central, door, fault, focus, ford, lock, locking, locks, problem, sticks, unlocks, working