Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

NEW SHAPE CLIO FOR 7.5K

Search this Thread

Old 21 February 2006, 08:08 PM
nelboy75
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW SHAPE CLIO FOR 7.5K

HAS ANYONE HAD ANY DEALING WITH BUYING A BRAND NEW CAR OFF THE INTERNET.?
girlfriend is lokking at new shape clio 1.2 extreme and can get it off the internet for 7500 on the road.
been to renault main dealer today and only got down to 8600.the site i went on lookin at the clio is gr8 cars or something......you go on autotrader,type new cars and go from there,i ve phoned therm to confirm that is is definately the new shape,which it is.
anyone had dealings with them.....?and no they are not imports! but it says that you only recieve your v5 6 months down the line..Why?????????
you pay 500 quid on your card as a deposit and choose your colour....6 to 8 weeks time the car arrives on your drive and you pay the balance after checking it....full manufacturers warranty.
ANY HELP???????????????????
Old 22 February 2006, 09:46 PM
nelboy75
Scooby Regular

anyone????????????
Old 22 February 2006, 10:06 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

Sounds a bit strange....V5 in 6 months etc

Is it brand new car???
Old 22 February 2006, 10:08 PM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

Sounds a bit dodge mate.

Until a few weeks ago I was a Renault sales exec for reg vardys and Renault recommend you don't go near internet dealers - they've even printed up leaflets explaining why. And not getting the V5 for 6 months is mega dodgy.

£8600 is a very good price for a new shape.

the ***** in your court

ewan

PS best go for a dynamique 1.4. The 1.2 is far too small for the new clio.
Old 22 February 2006, 10:08 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

GR8 CAR DEAL

Centrally based in Staffordshire, Gr8 Car Deal are perfectly positioned to deliver your new car anywhere within the UK. We have our own fleet of 5 car transporters driven by our professional team, dedicated to ensuring your car arrives at your door in pristine condition.

Tel: 0845 466 8888

Supplies: Citroen, Fiat, Ford, Hyundai, Mazda, Peugeot, Renault, Vauxhall, Volkswagen, Volvo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From your first point of contact to the delivery of your new car, there will always be a member of our team available to help. Once you have taken delivery of your new car, we have an aftercare department keen to help with any future problems.

Our aim is to provide the sort of service we would want to use ourselves but rarely find. We take on board all the good points of our rivals, but leave behind all the poor service many seem to provide.

We want our customers who are happy with our service, to come back and buy again in the future, recommend us to friends and family and help us improve our business.

Many of our competitors cannot supply the cars at the fantastic prices they advertise, we can and do. Our testimonials back up our claim and we have delivered over 500 cars to our customers in the last 6 months. In fact, we supply many of our competitors customers with cars when they have been let down.

If you have any questions about Gr8 Car Deal, just call, we are always happy to help.

.................................................. .................................................. ....

Hmmmmm ive never heard of them!!
Old 22 February 2006, 10:13 PM
Colinj
Scooby Regular

WILL I BE THE FIRST OWNER?
On most of the cars we offer are registered to you as first owner, however some manufacturers offer massive discounts to have the cars registered to the same name.
PLEASE CHECK AT THE POINT OF ORDERING THE REGISTRATION STATUS OF THE CAR YOU WISH TO ORDER.

In other words it could be pre-registered.........
Old 22 February 2006, 10:14 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Pissy Lewis was on here talking about a similar thing buying an MX5
have a search for more info!
Old 22 February 2006, 10:24 PM
Jamescsti
Scooby Regular

Found it,
check this thread out

http://bbs.scoobynet.co.uk/showthread.php?t=494003
Old 22 February 2006, 11:04 PM
ewanrw
Scooby Regular

Renault do offer dealers huge discounts to dealers to pre-reg cars. we had 17feckin clios at £6k each. all red, ll sold quickly.

ewan
Old 23 February 2006, 07:19 AM
CLSII
Scooby Regular

Have you checked other brokers like 'Drive the deal' - they seem reputable and the cars are UK ones with you as first owner. You even pay the dealer rather than them.

A quick google should find them
Old 23 February 2006, 08:38 AM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

I've bought two cars via internet brokers - one drivethedeal and one carfile.net. Neither cost me money (dealer pays them, not me), and both got far better deals on the cars (a Pug 307 and a WRX) than any dealer I approached could. Cars both came from UK dealers, UK cars, first-registered to me/us and both were delivered to home address as part of the cost as dealers were a fair way away. Having done it twice and had success twice, I'd do it again every single time (although will never again make the stupid mistake of buying a brand new Subaru and watching the money drain away)...

However, this V5 in 6 months is nonsense. Are they basically saying you (officially) do not own the car until you get the V5 - thus whose name will it be registered in. Sounds not just dodgy but illegal.

As for dealers printing leaflets, Subaru dealer was the same when I asked him to price match (ooohhh, it could be an import, it could be wrong etc etc.) - Nope I said, it's from a UK Subaru dealer just like you. Blah blah blah... of course they will try to turn you away because they base their business plan on regions etc... each dealer having a certain area. The moment you go and buy online, a dealer miles away from you gets a sale (to me, that's smart) and the one closest loses. Tough in my mind, but dealers hate it. But who cares when you, the purchaser are only interested in the best deal...
Old 23 February 2006, 06:35 PM
nelboy75
Scooby Regular

cheers for the replies.i will phone the place tomorrow to delve into why wait 6 months for v5 when the car will be paid for upon delivery.the bloke on the phone said not pre registered because i can choose colour .
so youd say go for it mightyid???????????????/
will look around on carfile and drive the deal now....cheers
Old 23 February 2006, 06:38 PM
nelboy75
Scooby Regular

just checked carfile and drive the deal,no renault clios.........!!!
Old 24 February 2006, 03:19 PM
mightyyid
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nelboy75
cheers for the replies.i will phone the place tomorrow to delve into why wait 6 months for v5 when the car will be paid for upon delivery.the bloke on the phone said not pre registered because i can choose colour .
so youd say go for it mightyid???????????????/
will look around on carfile and drive the deal now....cheers
Definately go for it, but the 6 months thing would be a cause for concern. Other places to look are dccook (once virgin cars), autobytel, jamjar and a few others if you search. Also internet car supermarkets seem to be a good source of all...

A
Old 24 February 2006, 03:32 PM
Neanderthal
Scooby Regular

That Gr8 Car Deal (nice text speak name ) has VXR's at £16,730 OTR?!

From their "how it works" page

WHEN DO I RECIEVE THE V5 REGISTRATION DOCUMENT
It can take up to 6 months for you to receive your V5 document for pre-registered cars, if however you have not received this please let us know. You will receive an invoice from us showing all monies paid, that the vehicle is yours and that you are the legal owner. For first registered cars it only takes a matter of days for the DVLA to send you your V5.
Can't see the problem? sounds like a great deal if it's the car you want.