Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Other Marques
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 18 August 2005, 23:43   #1
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Talking BMW 636 CSI

Just picked up one, from ebay (of course). Cheap

She's an '85 on a B with a mere 150k and I got her for a snip with a full MOT and 4 months' tax.

I bought it to thrash, trash and sell on as I normally do with the old Mercs I buy.

Thing is, this is such a good motor, I'm thinking of keeping it longer than the usual 2 weeks. Everything works, inc the aircon, the auto box is sweet and my 50 mile run this evening was a smile a minute. I took it to big speeds and it just did it without any trouble!

Does anyone here have one? Advice appreciated as BMW's aren't my forte other than a few E30 325s and e36 325s from memory.

Just realised I put 636 in the title . 635 was the stella-less meaning

PS old BMWs are not built anything like old Mercs - it's like comparing a Barratt house with a 1900s house lol. BMs are **** in comparison.

Last edited by fatherpierre; 18 August 2005 at 23:46.
fatherpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 09:03   #2
The Zohan
Don't Mess

Thumbs up

Great looking cars, fast getting classic status, few nice unabused (chrome wheel arches and no s/h) models left and will apreciate in value if you have a good 'un IMHO.
The Zohan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 August 2005, 13:00   #3
Squizz
Scooby Regular

This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

Always fancied one... Just so i could junk the motor and get a 357 Chevy and supercharger stack put in its place!

Now that'd be one mean looking car...
Squizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2005, 00:26   #4
fatherpierre
Scooby Regular

After driving this for a day this is a bargain! She's a bit touchy when cold but after that she runs A1 and even gives 22mpg around town (according to the computer).

Everthing works on her and I've just looked through the massive stack of bills etc that came with her and found she had a new gearbox fitted in Feb of this year and a new rad, plus about 7.5k spent in keeping her sorted since 1996. And she's only done 20k miles within that 7.5k of money spent............

I may have fallen upon another ebay bargain considering what I paid for her .

She snaked like a pissed one legged crack head in the wet today - what fun LOL
fatherpierre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 August 2005, 00:26

Tags
1978, 1984, 636, bmw, bmw636, buy, csi, houston, images, issues, prices, restored, sci, sell, series