Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

300BHP Mini

Search this Thread

Old 20 November 2015, 08:34 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Default 300BHP Mini

Supposed to be released next year using the 4x4 chassis and the same BMW 428i engine as mine but fettled.

Might have to get wife that or give her mine and have it LOL.
Because the torques all there from basically 1200 revs, i find i do Wheelspin in 1 2 3 and 4 when its wet...its times like that i miss the 45

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mini/cl...rgets-focus-rs

Last edited by Littleted; 20 November 2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 21 November 2015, 08:04 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Regrets already then?
Old 21 November 2015, 08:51 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Still won't be faster than an STI Type R of similar power and probably be somewhere around the £30k mark too.
Old 23 November 2015, 10:10 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts

Originally Posted by ditchmyster
Still won't be faster than an STI Type R of similar power and probably be somewhere around the £30k mark too.
Not everyone wants to knock about in a 20 year old car, though (I say that as a driver of a 15 year old car...)

I like the new minis myself - I'd definitely have one again, but not at new price (again).
Old 23 November 2015, 11:06 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Henrik
Not everyone wants to knock about in a 20 year old car, though (I say that as a driver of a 15 year old car...)

I like the new minis myself - I'd definitely have one again, but not at new price (again).
Yeah true, but I always think along the lines of what £30k could do for my Type R, ie make it like new and cane everything up to £50k and beyond.

All about value for money to me, and a £30k mini isn't really good value for money in my eyes.
Old 24 November 2015, 11:39 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

power to cost it kinda is, it will hold its value better than most 300BHP cars due to it being a Mini. Thus the rate to Buy it will be lower than most, its what i found.

VW are on there **** at the moment but contenders would be

S3
Golf R
New Type R
Focus RS although 35k for a ford no thanks.

Just another option and at 1250 KG it will beat most of em i bet. we can wait and see.

I only miss the 45 when its wet, other than that not at all..
Old 24 November 2015, 12:45 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Littleted
power to cost it kinda is, it will hold its value better than most 300BHP cars due to it being a Mini. Thus the rate to Buy it will be lower than most, its what i found.

VW are on there **** at the moment but contenders would be

S3
Golf R
New Type R
Focus RS although 35k for a ford no thanks.

Just another option and at 1250 KG it will beat most of em i bet. we can wait and see.

I only miss the 45 when its wet, other than that not at all..
Er, the focus is £30k (£29k if you ordered before 24/10/15) and even with key options it's still low £30's. Also, it'll hold its value better than any of the others so unless you plan to keep it forever, it's cheaper than them all.
Old 24 November 2015, 01:13 PM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Its 30K if u don't add anything and want it to look like an ST, anything remotely good for it, takes it to 33 34k

Black Wheels
Better colour
Lux Pack
Better seats.

And now theres a 1k premium if your new to order. with delivery June to August next year
Itll hold its value better than any other ford, but I'm sceptical if this one will be as good as old one, because its looks like an ST, its not in ya face like last 1

time will tell i suppose.What would you rather have a ford Focus or an Audi

Last edited by Littleted; 24 November 2015 at 01:20 PM.
Old 24 November 2015, 03:09 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

You are only getting to £34k if you spec literally everything and no matter what you do it will never be as well appointed as the ST - it's a completely different car.

Only time will tell with the value but I think it looks markedly different to the ST and, crucially, it has a completely different drivetrain. If you think about it, the MK2 ST and MK2 RS has the same drivetrain and engine. It may not have MK2 (i.e. epic) levels of retention value but I'm willing to bet it'll do better than the Golf R, AMG, S3 and (maybe) RS3 in terms of percentage depreciation.

With regards to the last question, I'd rather have the Ford. I'm not a badge snob and judge each car on its merits. The interior in the Ford is pretty bad but I think it looks far better than the S3/RS3 from the outside and, crucially, it's nearer the RS3 in terms of performance. The big difference is they way it should drive. I'm hedging my bets the RS will be the hot-hatch of the year in 2016 and that its GKN AWD system will offer an experience that its Haldex based rivals can't match. I haven't driven it though so...as you say, "only time will tell"
Old 24 November 2015, 06:47 PM
Ian E
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
Its 30K if u don't add anything and want it to look like an ST, anything remotely good for it, takes it to 33 34k

Black Wheels
Better colour
Lux Pack
Better seats.

And now theres a 1k premium if your new to order. with delivery June to August next year
Itll hold its value better than any other ford, but I'm sceptical if this one will be as good as old one, because its looks like an ST, its not in ya face like last 1

time will tell i suppose.What would you rather have a ford Focus or an Audi
A lot of people will be happy with the standard RS - no need to spend an extra £4k - if I buy one it will be the base car.

"What would you rather have a ford Focus or an Audi" FORD! Having recently experienced SEAT (VAG Group) Dealers and Customer Service (bad dash rattle which isn't covered as car is more than 6 months old..) give me a Ford any day (last one did 173k miles without anything major needing doing and no rattles).
Old 27 November 2015, 12:25 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

You got that statement saved on your clipboard or something?!
Old 28 November 2015, 02:33 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The designer of this monstrosity clearly has no conscience, how BMW can possibly get away with attaching "mini" to it is way beyond me

Last edited by dpb; 28 November 2015 at 06:29 AM.
Old 28 November 2015, 04:53 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
You got that statement saved on your clipboard or something?!
I just think new cars are a lot of money, that said I recently rented a fiesta eco boost and was impressed with that can be had on lease for less than £100 a month too, which is a little tempting.

I'll have to go and chastise myself for thinking lewd thoughts now.
Old 28 November 2015, 03:43 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

They really aren't a lot of money. Because it's 2000-and-something, it's easy to forget the passage of time. We are now 15-16 years since your late classics and over 20 since your first Impreza WRX's. If you account for inflation you'll probably find there is no change in price, possibly even a relative drop.
Old 28 November 2015, 04:58 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Saxo Boy
They really aren't a lot of money. Because it's 2000-and-something, it's easy to forget the passage of time. We are now 15-16 years since your late classics and over 20 since your first Impreza WRX's. If you account for inflation you'll probably find there is no change in price, possibly even a relative drop.
Well £30/34k is a lot of money to me and to put that amount into a car that's going to probably loose at least one third of that in 3yrs is more of a hit than I'm prepared to take for the sake of getting from A to B, by the time it's 5yrs old probably lucky to see £10k for it.

Comparatively I paid £4k for my WRX 4yrs ago I have spent less than £1k on servicing, tyres and parts in 30k miles and I'd still get somewhere close to £3k for it, add that to the £3k I have spent in the last 10yrs on my Mrs cars and it's peanuts.

I'd much sooner have the house I'm sat in now with the money I have not spent on cars in the last 10yrs, which is worth considerably more than £30k, which incidentally is £5k less than what it cost 10yrs ago, at the time I bought the house I came very close to buying a Lotus Elise for £27k, wonder what that's worth now.

Horses for courses.
Old 28 November 2015, 10:47 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Get a better job then.... £30k for a car won't be so expensive then!
Old 29 November 2015, 12:34 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
Get a better job then.... £30k for a car won't be so expensive then!
Nah I'd sooner be out here working on my house than in the UK being a wage slave again, did that for 27yrs and no amount of money would get me back there and certainly not just so I could drive a "better" car been there done that and it just leaves me empty, after the initial oooooow this is nice, it just becomes the same as any other car or material thing for that matter.

Cars don't interest me anymore, I'd sooner have a £3k horse than a £30k car way more exciting, interesting and challenging going cross country than any car or bike, but that won't happen either because I'm too old to be jumping hedges and fences on some half crazy nag.

I'm just an old fart that likes pottering around renovating a house in the middle of nowhere on my own.
Old 29 November 2015, 03:07 PM
Saxo Boy
Scooby Regular

The fact that cars don't interest you isn't a reason to suggest that £30k cars are too expensive.

Fishing doesn't interest me, but my mate has spend easily £100,000 in the last 20 years feeding his fishing habit. He has fished all over the world, has all the equipment and has had experiences that most other "fishermen" would die for. I think it's utter madness to spend that much money to catch and release fish, but he's gloriously happy so who am I to judge.
Old 01 December 2015, 01:25 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Nah I'd sooner be out here working on my house than in the UK being a wage slave again, did that for 27yrs and no amount of money would get me back there and certainly not just so I could drive a "better" car been there done that and it just leaves me empty, after the initial oooooow this is nice, it just becomes the same as any other car or material thing for that matter.

Cars don't interest me anymore, I'd sooner have a £3k horse than a £30k car way more exciting, interesting and challenging going cross country than any car or bike, but that won't happen either because I'm too old to be jumping hedges and fences on some half crazy nag.

I'm just an old fart that likes pottering around renovating a house in the middle of nowhere on my own.
I can totally appreciate your views and opinion stated here.