Search this Thread

Old 02 July 2015, 10:06 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Default RAV4 - Whats It Worth?

38000 miles VVTi XT3 3Dr, FSH & 1 owner on a 54

Immaculate condition

Part of me thinks its an 11 yo car despite the condition/lack of miles but there will be a small premium for it as well. Its with a Toyota dealer(who have supplied & serviced it through its life), so will have been taken as a PX, so looking at a Trade exchange value to them plus a reasonable markup for sale, so whats reasonable?

Any ideas of what its worth trade/dealer?

I know its "just a Rav4" but my partner is looking for precisely a car that is that or looks like it - options are limited to Mitsubishi Shogun Equippe 3dr & I know I can get a similar age/mileage car for not a lot or maybe an Mercedes M series though she thinks its too big & they don't come manual.

Its a car, we can walk away & go & get the '10 reg'd Shogun she really likes but pushes the finances a bit more than she's happy with, but prepared to pay a good price for the Rav4 & get a Shogun in a couple of years time - but not too much over the odds.

TIA
Old 05 July 2015, 01:47 PM
Puff The Magic Wagon!
Support Scoobynet!

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Well, thanks for all the replies

I ran a Glass's on the car & sure enough, it was way over trade but discussed with partner how much she would value it & we came 2up with a figure just over and agreed that was the limit.

Went to see the car & obviously not quite "immaculate" but a very clean tidy car, just some minor scratches that would buff out & the alloys could do with tidying up. She didn't engage the salesman at all & I just asked a few obvious questions. We told him we'd seen a Glass's guide and his answer was that it was rare! Also told him there were half a dozen for sale in Devon, so not that rare...

Went into the showroom, sat down and the usual "what do you think?" My partner was happy with the car, so just put the Glass's printout on the table and said that's what it was worth, happy to give him a bit extra as a nice car so named our offer, then shut up. He goes off to see his boss & leaves us sitting there for a long time. Comes back, tried to meet in the middle, we said no and started talking about Shoguns. Goes off for ages again and comes back 1/2 way again. Nope. Away another time and comes back with his boss. Long talk from him, we still wouldn't budge, so he caves and we get it at the price we want.

An agreed strategy and homework certainly pays. That and the determination to stick to your guns and be prepared to walk away. We're happy, he's got a sale on a car that might have stayed on his forecourt for ages and at a touch more than it might otherwise be worth, so he's hardly losing.

We were going to go for finance with them, but again were kept waiting ages so dropped it on her credit card and took it away.

Partner is very happy with her new car
Old 07 July 2015, 02:17 PM
Devildog
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nicely done.

I had one of those years ago as a compay car - in older but similar style 2.0L NRG spec.

Cracking wee SUV. I put similar mileage on it in 2 years, drove it like I stole it in all conditions and absolutely nothing failed, fell off or stopped working.

Got me home to Glasgow from Noth of Inverness in attrocious weather conditions (A9 was shut due to snow) via Fort William on standard tyres.

Had an 07 plate SWB Shogun too. It was brilliant. Decent taste your misses
Old 16 July 2015, 01:28 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So what did you pay for it then?