Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

A45 owners: show us your rides!!

Old 28 April 2015, 04:35 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by neil-h
Tbh that's where Subaru should be aiming with the new Sti, they can't simply rely on sheer speed and the WRC connection anymore.
Unfortunately some Subaru owners have their rose tinted glasses welded in place.

The world has moved on..... it's about time Subaru did!

And we all wonder why they dropped out of WRC..... because their car was a sack of ****.
Old 28 April 2015, 05:34 PM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
Even an impreza hatchback looks better value, and more character
Don't be stupid.
Old 28 April 2015, 05:35 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Finally saw one of these in the flesh in black and tbh I am another one who just doesn't think they look all that. I had to take a second look and stroll over to check the badge to confirm it actually was one. It was neither full in your face Focus RS or sleeper like the M135i - kinda stuck in the middle really. No doubting the performance credentials and maybe its a grower but just not for me.

What's the boot space like as the RS I could throw a mountain bike in the back once the front wheel removed?
Old 28 April 2015, 05:39 PM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by donny andi
Don't be stupid.
The STi has not been an impreza for a long while and they don't even make a hatch version any more do they? Things have moved on a lot in terms of engines, gearboxes, interiors, toys etc and that's before you even mention the chocolate 2.5 engine. They are stuck in the past.
Old 28 April 2015, 05:53 PM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Great looking car, even with the BGW screwed to it...
Old 28 April 2015, 08:25 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Finally saw one of these in the flesh in black and tbh I am another one who just doesn't think they look all that. I had to take a second look and stroll over to check the badge to confirm it actually was one. It was neither full in your face Focus RS or sleeper like the M135i - kinda stuck in the middle really. No doubting the performance credentials and maybe its a grower but just not for me.

What's the boot space like as the RS I could throw a mountain bike in the back once the front wheel removed?
Ive gone from RS to A45 and they certainly get attention,although mine does have ther aero kit fitted. As for boot space its deffinetly not as big as the focus.
Old 28 April 2015, 08:57 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Received 71 Likes on 57 Posts

Without being awkward,both lovely looking cars with incredible performance.But.....

They really are not head turners at all.People looking at an Aventador or a Ferrari walk into lamposts ,not looking at a car that looks like the cdi.

As I say,not having a go,lovely cars,amazing performance.Just really,really not head turners.Even swathed in Litchfield stickers.sorry chaps

Mind you,bought an Octavia rather than a golf gti so it looked normal...

Last edited by lozgti1; 28 April 2015 at 08:59 PM.
Old 28 April 2015, 09:11 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Funny you mention that but a teenage lad walked into one first day i had it
Old 28 April 2015, 09:13 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

lol!
Old 28 April 2015, 09:31 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Before i bought the RS i considered a Scooby hatch but when you see the running costs, chocolate engine & tax etc. You soon realise they are miles behind at the moment, which being a fan is a shame.
Old 28 April 2015, 10:20 PM
Shaun
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by lozgti1
Without being awkward,both lovely looking cars with incredible performance.But.....

They really are not head turners at all.People looking at an Aventador or a Ferrari walk into lamposts ,not looking at a car that looks like the cdi.

As I say,not having a go,lovely cars,amazing performance.Just really,really not head turners.Even swathed in Litchfield stickers.sorry chaps

Mind you,bought an Octavia rather than a golf gti so it looked normal...
Trust me, and whilst I'm not for one minute suggesting they would gain the looks like an Aventador etc, but the amount of people who look at my car on the road is very high.

It's worse on a motorway, even my other half noticed it straight away and laughed about it.

I've had people slow down when over taking to purposefully look over at the car, and had several individuals pull along side me giving me the thumbs up and then pulling off.

I've had people admire the car and come up to speak to me at petrol stations, and when I park the car up. The neighbours (quite a few down my road are petrolheads) have been over it like a rash.

If it was the non-spoilered up version it may be totally different (although they do sound pretty good with the performance exhaust fitted like mine).

Seriously.... I've got no reason to lie, and the experiences of other chaved up A45 owners is quite similar.

You may not think it looks like anything special..... but I get more attention from other road users and people on the streets, then I ever had in my Subaru's (apart from my Spec C - when at Subaru meets). That's a fact.

Last edited by Shaun; 28 April 2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 28 April 2015, 10:28 PM
theboy
Scooby Regular

Ive also discovered people let you out at junctions, never got that in my ST or RS and def not in my Scooby
Old 28 April 2015, 10:49 PM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

4.5 0-60 pretty impressive!!! That really is ferrari territory!
Old 28 April 2015, 10:50 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Shaun
Unfortunately some Subaru owners have their rose tinted glasses welded in place.

The world has moved on..... it's about time Subaru did!

And we all wonder why they dropped out of WRC..... because their car was a sack of ****.
Absolutely spot on. The A45 is twice the car the new STI is.
Old 28 April 2015, 10:57 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Trust me, and whilst I'm not for one minute suggesting they would gain the looks like an Aventador etc, but the amount of people who look at my car on the road is very high.

It's worse on a motorway, even my other half noticed it straight away and laughed about it.

I've had people slow down when over taking to purposefully look over at the car, and had several individuals pull along side me giving me the thumbs up and then pulling off.

I've had people admire the car and come up to speak to me at petrol stations, and when I park the car up. The neighbours (quite a few down my road are petrolheads) have been over it like a rash.

If it was the non-spoilered up version it may be totally different (although they do sound pretty good with the performance exhaust fitted like mine).

Seriously.... I've got no reason to lie, and the experiences of other chaved up A45 owners is quite similar.

You may not think it looks like anything special..... but I get more attention from other road users and people on the streets, then I ever had in my Subaru's (apart from my Spec C - when at Subaru meets). That's a fact.
Experienced most of that lot with the Integrale I had
Old 28 April 2015, 11:09 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Absolutely spot on. The A45 is twice the car the new STI is.

So you have driven both then and can give a detailed comparison ?
Old 29 April 2015, 02:59 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

They probably scarce believe the badge when it looks like a Toyota/high an dry/Kia Kia ..
Delete as appropriate

Old 29 April 2015, 04:20 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Shaun,yours looks rather different (and rather special) to a normal one !

AMG GTS would make me walk into a lampost!And it makes me want to cry it is so stunning!

Last edited by lozgti1; 29 April 2015 at 04:48 AM.
Old 29 April 2015, 07:29 AM
Littleted
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I guess a none aero may not get as much attention, I agree with the guys I've never had this much pointing looking , asking me to wind windows down etc, in any Subaru I've owned.

Ok a lambo will turn more heads, but this so far for me has been stupid daft... Appreciate your view logz you may not look, but they do, get one you'll see.......
Old 29 April 2015, 09:17 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by pacenote
So you have driven both then and can give a detailed comparison ?
Yep. Thanks for your post

Wold I swap my SL for an A45? Yes!

Would I swap my SL for an STI Ha ha ha ... you are f**king joking!

Last edited by f1_fan; 29 April 2015 at 09:18 AM.
Old 29 April 2015, 09:19 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
They probably scarce believe the badge when it looks like a Toyota/high an dry/Kia Kia ..
Delete as appropriate

Jealousy is an embarrassing affliction
Old 29 April 2015, 09:51 AM
lozgti1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Littleted
I guess a none aero may not get as much attention, I agree with the guys I've never had this much pointing looking , asking me to wind windows down etc, in any Subaru I've owned.

Ok a lambo will turn more heads, but this so far for me has been stupid daft... Appreciate your view logz you may not look, but they do, get one you'll see.......
Lol..I'd love one! £40k short though
Old 29 April 2015, 11:05 AM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen one in black with the spoiler and it did look great. They're great looking cars anyway but the black is defiantly more subtle than red IMO. I think to average Joe you could quite easily miss a black one, defiantly more so if it doesn't have an aero kit or spoiler. The colour can change the perception of one massively.
Old 29 April 2015, 11:09 AM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Yep. Thanks for your post
No problems Get your review of driving the two cars up then.
Old 29 April 2015, 11:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Lol
Old 29 April 2015, 12:04 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

No problems Get your review of driving the two cars up then.
Since when did I have to listen to a no mark like you? How about you go and **** yourself instead
Old 29 April 2015, 12:27 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Charmin
Old 29 April 2015, 12:27 PM
pacenote
Scooby Regular

Since when did I have to listen to a no mark like you? How about you go and **** yourself instead
Thanks for that.

Look, I was genuinely interested in why you think, quote, 'The A45 is twice the car the new STI is' and the fact that you have resorted to abusive insults makes me think you have no experience of either.
Old 29 April 2015, 12:59 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Jealousy is an embarrassing affliction
Don't feed the troll
Old 29 April 2015, 01:05 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Thanks for that.

Look, I was genuinely interested in why you think, quote, 'The A45 is twice the car the new STI is' and the fact that you have resorted to abusive insults makes me think you have no experience of either.
Think what you like! I couldn't care less.

Shaun has pretty much summed it all up in his posts! Or are you going to claim he has no knowledge of either car too?

Put it like this:

The Subaru is yesterday's technology improved as much as possible by a small car company that has severely lost its way.

The AMG is the same car built by a proper car company using the best modern technology available.

The difference is chalk and cheese! More performance, more refinement, more economy, more car!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: A45 owners: show us your rides!!