Other Marques Non-Subaru Vehicles

BMW 1 series

Search this Thread

Old 24 December 2014, 10:30 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mikejenkins
Most cars are bloody exciting when pushed - 90% of the time you are just driving them normally and that is what counts for driving enjoyment.

By all means enjoy your 1 series though, each to their own and all that. Even though it is really boring.
Whereas your ancient Subaru is a thrill a minute.

Another day, another troll.
Old 24 December 2014, 11:23 PM
mikejenkins
Scooby Regular

I'd be lying if I said I didn't love my ancient (leggy, rattly, noisy, crappy interior, cheap, chavvy, any more?) Subaru. But then if I had bought an M135i I would probably be lying to myself that the warm hatchback on my drive wasn't boring every time I looked at it.
Old 25 December 2014, 10:35 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Come on guys it's Christmas, each to their own (I expect neither of you would think much to my car for instance, but I like it and that is what matters) and to be fair to Mike he did say that despite his reservations about the M135i it was still better than a modern WRX STI and that'll do for me
Old 25 December 2014, 04:28 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

f1 fan in thread calming shocker
Old 25 December 2014, 05:43 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by f1_fan
Come on guys it's Christmas, each to their own (I expect neither of you would think much to my car for instance, but I like it and that is what matters) and to be fair to Mike he did say that despite his reservations about the M135i it was still better than a modern WRX STI and that'll do for me

Happy Christmas all!
Old 25 December 2014, 06:35 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Brun
f1 fan in thread calming shocker
My account was hacked you ****
Old 25 December 2014, 06:52 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Old 30 December 2014, 06:01 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy

M135i; Five stars in Evo, Autocar, What Car, Auto Express. Lapped the TG track way quicker than your creaky old shonky gearbox Dame Edna lookalike barge. You are clearly a five star pillock.

Happy frothing you bitter old troll.
I cannot believe how weird and childish you are about your car, you seem to get insulted when people dislike it. You can insult any of my cars all you want the M5 is awful in many ways, crap mpg, usless auto mode, fragile clutch but the only thing I have considered changing it for is a gtr or a 997 turbo. I have a disco 2 as well you can insult that, I won't get all upset and petty if you don't like it. The golf had always been a better car than the equivalent 1 series in my opinion , that's why I got the Mrs a Golf. If I was trolling I like to think I would not have gone to the trouble of buying a car to wind up a stranger on the Internet.
Old 30 December 2014, 08:50 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I cannot believe how weird and childish you are about your car, you seem to get insulted when people dislike it. You can insult any of my cars all you want the M5 is awful in many ways, crap mpg, usless auto mode, fragile clutch but the only thing I have considered changing it for is a gtr or a 997 turbo. I have a disco 2 as well you can insult that, I won't get all upset and petty if you don't like it. The golf had always been a better car than the equivalent 1 series in my opinion , that's why I got the Mrs a Golf. If I was trolling I like to think I would not have gone to the trouble of buying a car to wind up a stranger on the Internet.
The only VW I'd get is the California we have; after two months of it being at the dealers, we had two mk7 Golfs and a new Passat (Executive estate); the Golfs were just white goods cars. Perfectly decent but deeply uninteresting with a hateful electronic handbrake and dire A pillar visibility.

So thanks for you input but unless you have no interest in driving, a 1 series is crushingly superior; deeper boot too.
Old 30 December 2014, 04:01 PM
pflowers
Scooby Regular

The last of the decent golfs were the mk4's, after that I lost complete interest in them. A few drives in later versions confirm I have missed nothing.

All cars have come on massively over the past 10 years since my e46 was built, but not necessarily in a good way. The one series seems to embrace this modernness but still be an entertaining drivers car, a trait I have not encountered in any other modern hatchback.

All this from driving a 116d, the m135 must be superb.
Old 30 December 2014, 05:48 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Nicely put.
I've only driven a current shape 120d and two M135is (one for a year) and I love them; even the 120d was rapid; the 125d and very much overlooked 125i are very quick too.

Small, quick, plenty of modern tech, RWD; there's nothing else like them - especially with a 3 litre twin scroll turbo'd six pot motor under the bonnet
Old 30 December 2014, 06:28 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

The engine's in the wrong place though...
Old 30 December 2014, 06:45 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

Pmsl, he sure does love talking about his posh women's car.
Same with his 335i poverty spec SE touring lol

Oh I'm leaving,......no I'm not,,,,I've come back to talk more about my car when other forums get sick of my rants!.........then I call everyone who talks about my car a troll..........then I'm leaving again!
Yawn!

Last edited by bustaMOVEs; 30 December 2014 at 06:46 PM.
Old 30 December 2014, 07:10 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by zip106
The engine's in the wrong place though...
Just like in your M3? I have kids and like them to come along too...

Busta; comedy rant. What's upset you? Has your Mum taken away your Xbox again? This is a thread about the 1 series: why are you reading it? To troll by any chance?!

Enjoy your classy Impreza...

Last edited by Matteeboy; 30 December 2014 at 07:13 PM.
Old 30 December 2014, 07:22 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

I took one guess, that you'd be the centre of attention here, and I was right lol.
Just thought I'd have a quick natter before you decide to up and leave again when you get fed up

Yes classy impreza on a 'subaru' site, no?
Old 30 December 2014, 07:48 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
I took one guess, that you'd be the centre of attention here, and I was right lol.
Just thought I'd have a quick natter before you decide to up and leave again when you get fed up

Yes classy impreza on a 'subaru' site, no?
Some are quite classy. Yours isn't one of them.
Old 30 December 2014, 08:15 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Matteeboy
Just like in your M3? I have kids and like them to come along too...
Whoaaa.... hold on Superman, I was having a joke.

I also have two kids - they come along with me in a real M car when necessary.

Perhaps I should have quantified thus - ' the engine's in the wrong place for a weekend toy '

That better?
Old 30 December 2014, 08:19 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Whoaaa.... hold on Superman, I was having a joke.

I also have two kids - they come along with me in a real M car when necessary.

Perhaps I should have quantified thus - ' the engine's in the wrong place for a weekend toy '

That better?
It was tongue in cheek you goon is that the real M car that seems to be getting a kicking from the pretend M235i in many reviews? The one that dealers can't seem to shift? The one many owners have already sold on? No need for the pompous **** comment though is there but if you insist, you know I'll bite and it'll hurt.

Did I miss the bit about a weekend toy? Z4MC manages quite well

Last edited by Matteeboy; 30 December 2014 at 08:23 PM.
Old 30 December 2014, 08:32 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Yes, that's the car.
The very same one that gets a kicking from people who haven't actually lived with one for more than a few weeks, or those that give it a kicking because they've read some journo says its crap after an hours drive.
Sheep.

The very same one.

And which pompous **** comment?
You reading through beer goggles or summink?

Last edited by zip106; 30 December 2014 at 08:33 PM.
Old 30 December 2014, 08:44 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

The one that's only 50% M and has a suspiciously similar engine to the 30% M M1/235i?
The one that got a right shoeing in Evo's PCOTY?

Come on, we know you like to play the geezer done well card at any opportunity but "my real M car?" Pomposity defined.
Old 30 December 2014, 08:56 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Matthew my dear boy....

Unlike yourself, I really couldn't give a flying **** if anyone - be it the most revered journalist, Jeremy Clarkson, the Queen or whoever - dislikes any of the cars I've had.

As for the 'geezer done good at any opportunity' - are you serious?
Really serious??

I think maybe, just maybe, you need to look back at all my posts from the last 13 years and see where I've bigged myself up.

Again, unlike yourself.

Now stop being a **** (again, remember?) and lighten up.

Last edited by zip106; 30 December 2014 at 09:00 PM.
Old 30 December 2014, 10:24 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Crikey all this kerfuffle over cars from that lesser German marque... let me know when you all grow up and buy AMGs
Old 30 December 2014, 10:42 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Crikey all this kerfuffle over cars from that lesser German marque... let me know when you all grow up and buy AMGs
You may jest Chris, but it seems that Merc/AMG doesn't seem to attract the 'mines better than yours' knobbers that BMW attract.
Old 30 December 2014, 10:43 PM
bustaMOVEs
Scooby Regular

Oh common, don't you start with the cars too
Well at least it's not a girly car, albeit a drug dealers car
Old 30 December 2014, 11:25 PM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

You may jest Chris, but it seems that Merc/AMG doesn't seem to attract the 'mines better than yours' knobbers that BMW attract.
To be honest I agree and have found that at the meets too. Everyone seems to have an appreciation of all the cars and other marques too. Subarus are very well thought of.

Originally Posted by bustaMOVEs
Oh common, don't you start with the cars too
Well at least it's not a girly car, albeit a drug dealers car
Old 31 December 2014, 08:34 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

I moved up from an AMG to an M car, in some ways the AMG engines are better but the v10 is just special. It grumbles when cold like you have just woken it up from a hangover, AMGs don't do that. When it comes to it though the only car I have kept for years is the muddy smells of dog discovery, it's the perfect tool for what it does so I have had it for years. Really, everyone needs to accept that you need an old discovery and a 306 gti-6. 306 drives better than almost every other car on the road.
Old 31 December 2014, 08:51 AM
f1_fan
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Luan Pra bang
I moved up from an AMG to an M car, in some ways the AMG engines are better but the v10 is just special. It grumbles when cold like you have just woken it up from a hangover, AMGs don't do that. When it comes to it though the only car I have kept for years is the muddy smells of dog discovery, it's the perfect tool for what it does so I have had it for years. Really, everyone needs to accept that you need an old discovery and a 306 gti-6. 306 drives better than almost every other car on the road.
I think if I downgraded to an M car I too would think a 306 and a Discovery are great cars

In all seriousness it's a good thing we aren't all the same and the BMW M cars are generally pretty special

Your observations on the 306 are interesting. It's a long time since I drove one, but I did drive a Mk 2 Golf GTI 16v a few weeks ago just for a bit of nostalgia, but expecting it to feel ancient and out of date, however it drove fantastically well. It felt nimble and you felt in touch with the road. Somewhere between those days and now manufacturers lost their way in terms of pure driving enjoyment.... I guess all the extra weight and safety stuff took its toll maybe.
Old 31 December 2014, 08:55 AM
P1Fanatic
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the laughs chaps. Shock horror mattee is rubbing people up the wrong way.
Old 31 December 2014, 10:17 AM
Luan Pra bang
Scooby Regular

Your observations on the 306 are interesting. It's a long time since I drove one, but I did drive a Mk 2 Golf GTI 16v a few weeks ago just for a bit of nostalgia, but expecting it to feel ancient and out of date, however it drove fantastically well. It felt nimble and you felt in touch with the road. Somewhere between those days and now manufacturers lost their way in terms of pure driving enjoyment.... I guess all the extra weight and safety stuff took its toll maybe.
The last golf gti I drove was probably far too long ago to remember but about 3 years ago I got a 306 gti-6 and I had forgotten just how good cars can be. I live in Milton keynes and the 306 just begs to be fired up the inside of everyone on a round about and slid gently sideways across to the exit. For driving pleasure on the roads only a lotus comes close. I still have it but it needs a new engine after getting it hydrolocked.
Old 31 December 2014, 10:38 AM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by P1Fanatic
Thanks for the laughs chaps. Shock horror mattee is rubbing people up the wrong way.
Here's what happened:

Pflowers adds a thread praising the 1 series BMW; I own one and like it a lot so contributed to the thread.

The usual suspects got a little huffy so trolled the thread adding a load of spite filled nonsense despite never having driven the car in question.
It then turns into an irrelevant **** waving exercise way off topic.
And so the cycle continues...

Quick Reply: BMW 1 series