What is 'eaves height'?/permitted development - Subaru Enthusiast Forum - ScoobyNet.com
Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   Subaru Enthusiast Forum - ScoobyNet.com > Community > Non Scooby Related


Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What is 'eaves height'?/permitted development

Reply
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20 January 2010, 03:56 PM   #1
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,928
Default What is 'eaves height'?/permitted development

I've been looking at permitted developement rules for side extensions. These say that if you are within 2 metres of the boundary the eaves height must be no more than 3m. Which part of the roof defines eaves height? Is it the highest part of a double pitched roof, or where the roof sits on the wall?

Also under perm' dev' rules it says you cannot build if it involves 'the removal, installation or alteration to a chimney, flue or soil or vent pipe'

By this do they mean an underground soil/waste pipe/drain? I have one there on the side which I might need to move. By flue would that mean where my boiler and kitchen extractor exit, this would also have to be moved.

Thanks
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 06:06 PM   #2
pacenote
Scooby Regular
 
pacenote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The co-drivers seat
Posts: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingdongler View Post
I've been looking at permitted developement rules for side extensions. These say that if you are within 2 metres of the boundary the eaves height must be no more than 3m. Which part of the roof defines eaves height? Is it the highest part of a double pitched roof, or where the roof sits on the wall?
Where the roof sits on the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingdongler View Post
Also under perm' dev' rules it says you cannot build if it involves 'the removal, installation or alteration to a chimney, flue or soil or vent pipe'

By this do they mean an underground soil/waste pipe/drain? I have one there on the side which I might need to move. By flue would that mean where my boiler and kitchen extractor exit, this would also have to be moved.
IIRC This refers to above ground features but will double check for you.
pacenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 January 2010, 06:15 PM   #3
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,928
Default

Thanks Pacenote. Could you also clarify if 'flue' would include where the steam from my boiler, or kitchen extractor exits?

Cheers
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2010, 11:30 AM   #4
pacenote
Scooby Regular
 
pacenote's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: The co-drivers seat
Posts: 954
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingdongler View Post
Also under perm' dev' rules it says you cannot build if it involves 'the removal, installation or alteration to a chimney, flue or soil or vent pipe'
As I thought this relates to above ground features but is more applicable to commercial development where these items may be substantial structures, the extracts from your boiler or kitchen would not be included.

On a different note which is totally unrelated to planning issues:
If your proposed extension is with 3 metres of your neighbours house then it would come under the confines of " The party wall act ", this is basically to do with how your new foundations might impact on your neighbours dwelling, if you google it you will find out what is required (usually spending more money on surveyors I'm afraid ).

HTH
pacenote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 January 2010, 03:39 PM   #5
Dingdongler
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In a house
Posts: 5,928
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacenote View Post
As I thought this relates to above ground features but is more applicable to commercial development where these items may be substantial structures, the extracts from your boiler or kitchen would not be included.

On a different note which is totally unrelated to planning issues:
If your proposed extension is with 3 metres of your neighbours house then it would come under the confines of " The party wall act ", this is basically to do with how your new foundations might impact on your neighbours dwelling, if you google it you will find out what is required (usually spending more money on surveyors I'm afraid ).

HTH
Thanks Pace

Forgot about the Party Wall thing
Dingdongler is offline   Reply With Quote
 
 
Reply


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BUGEYE PRODRIVE STI BREAKING(rota's/racebox/whiteline/cusco/prodrive styling/6speed+ Mattybr5@MB Developments Full Cars Breaking For Spares 28 28 December 2015 11:07 PM
BUGEYE PRODRIVE STI BREAKING(bc br's/rota's/afterburner/6speed/ej207/brembos/prodrive Mattybr5@MB Developments Full Cars Breaking For Spares 12 18 November 2015 07:03 AM
New 503bhp Alfa Romeo Giulia ! InTurbo Other Marques 20 08 October 2015 08:59 PM
Closed deck cylinder heads bluebullet29 General Technical 2 27 September 2015 07:52 PM
Strange steering noise Baskey General Technical 3 25 September 2015 03:45 PM


Tags
average, boundary, eave, eaves, eavs, eves, extension, figure, height, hight, home, house, normal, special, what

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:13 AM.