Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Non Scooby Related
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 17 June 2005, 22:28   #1
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Default Diazapam / Valium Over The Counter?? Or Similar?

I'm thinking about booking a flight for early Monday morning, but i hate flying. The last time i flew out i was prescribed two Diazapam tablets by my Doctor. Obviously time constraints dictate i'm not going to be able to see him before i fly (if it comes off) - would i be able to get hold of any Diazapam over the counter, or is there something as good at taking away the anxiety of flying - besides 5 pints of Stella
RichiW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:33   #2
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Thumbs up

Rich

I went to the docs before I went to NZ to get married and he prescrided me a nice big box of 5mg Diazepam .......

I did have a history of anxiety disorder so that maybe swung clinching the drug deal in my favour, but I reckon if you are up front about being scared of flying they will give you a small box

Other than that, there are a few Herbal remedies (Kava kava, Valerium etc)....but none give you the dunt you need
SiPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:33   #3
StickyMicky
Scooby Regular

Send a message via MSN to StickyMicky

i decent sized hit of heroin should do the trick
StickyMicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:35   #4
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (1)

I just have a word with my dealer, who is also my mum, she gives me a fewoccasionally, taken from her personal stash, acculated over the years, just occasionally a little helper does wonders, just dont get dependant on it.
J4CKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:39   #5
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Here come the muppets

Old 17 June 2005, 22:40   #6
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Talking

Quote:
just dont get dependant on it.
Good advice....... even if it's prescribed medically, I think it's now recognised that it ain't a good idea to be on it for more than a couple of weeks.

I took 40mg in total (most post-breakdown mothers take more before their breakfast every day) on the flight back from NZ (not one of the better flights I've had ) and it was easy to see the appeal

Worth checking out www.fearofflying.com

I didn't............. but loads of happy flyers seem to recommend it.... I prefer valium
Old 17 June 2005, 22:41   #7
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Maybe i should ask the question - does anyone have any diazepam in the Leeds earea going spare??
Old 17 June 2005, 22:41   #8
Graz
Scooby Regular

Some over the counter stuff with codine in it, mixed with a few Nelsons should do it
Graz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:43   #9
richiewong
Twatful

This is my Scooby.  To set up your own Scooby, go to your user cp, and click 'Edit Settings'.

Prescription drug only so no over the counter supply
richiewong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:45   #10
letdown
Scooby Regular

Wink

I always find if I cant get anything dodgy.....get some night nurse type stuff. A few bottles of red. Out for the count 6-8 hours. However make sure you are not in an aisle seat as whoever is next to you wont be too chuffed if they cant get out to go to the bog !!
letdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 22:45   #11
SiPie
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Quote:
Maybe i should ask the question - does anyone have any diazepam in the Leeds earea going spare??
Just noticed you are flying on Monday....d'oh, so no time to get to the docs
Old 17 June 2005, 22:55   #12
Deep Singh
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

You will not be able to purchase Diazepam or related drugs ( ie Benzodiazepines) over the counter.

For future reference I would use Lorazepam if you have a fear of flying and Zopiclone if you just want to sleep through it. Both are fairly 'clean'

Deep
Deep Singh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17 June 2005, 23:40   #13
RichiW
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the input guys

Lorazepam - noted, thank you very much, i'll ask for that next time i need some. For the time been i've just spoken to a friend who has had alot of problems and she has some spare - looks like i'm away on Monday (Manager at work approving at such short notice!).

Cheers
Old 17 June 2005, 23:55   #14
Apparition
Scooby Regular

Breathe ............ deeply.......... take a cup or three of camomile tea..... maybe a few Kalms. Relax. You'll be ok.
More chance of being kicked by a donkey than (ahem ...well we don't want to go mentioning the other possibilities do we....).........Breathe..... deeply......
Bon Voyage.
Yve
Apparition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2005, 00:04   #15
J4CKO
Scooby Regular

Take a box of laxatives, you wont have time to worry about the flight.
J4CKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2005, 00:08   #16
_Meridian_
Scooby Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by richiewong
Prescription drug only so no over the counter supply
Actually class C controlled drug, so supplying to another person (whether for money or not) = offense. IIRC it's schedule 4, so possession is NOT an offense. Lorazepam is also Class C, schedule 4 so the same rules apply.

M
_Meridian_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 June 2005, 00:08

Tags
alternative, counte, counter, countries, country, drug, legal, otc, purchase, similar, type, usa, valium, valuim, version