Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Ladies and Gentlemen

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2016, 03:37 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Received 229 Likes on 168 Posts

Originally Posted by Paben
'A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.' Lao Tzu didn't mention what to do if the journey turns out to be fruitless though! We'll see.
Probably best to blame the EU for it!
Old 27 June 2016, 03:45 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BMWhere?
Probably best to blame the EU for it!

That's again the Chinese way, blame the previous incumbents for all ills, Gang of Four etc. I also blame Heath and subsequently Wilson for getting us in there in the first place with a tissue of lies and a hidden agenda. Lying b@stards both.
Old 27 June 2016, 04:10 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

That's again the Chinese way, blame the previous incumbents for all ills, Gang of Four etc. I also blame Heath and subsequently Wilson for getting us in there in the first place with a tissue of lies and a hidden agenda. Lying b@stards both.
Well, it seems its also the British way! The "everyone is to blame except me" mentality!

The council is to blame if I trip over a paving stone, its not my fault for not looking where I was going, I had an import text to write!
Old 27 June 2016, 06:00 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, it seems its also the British way! The "everyone is to blame except me" mentality!

The council is to blame if I trip over a paving stone, its not my fault for not looking where I was going, I had an import text to write!
Blame culture, you mean. Yes, it's very common in Britain.

Other thing is when people refuse to pay for the service; especially if it has been for the time being. My car insurer was pleasantly amazed when she heard me strongly agree with her, when she was informing me to charge me for the days I have my car insured with them; in case I change my insurer during the cooling off period. I also agree to pay small admin fee (it is small in compare to the larger annual sum) for it does cost them to administer my account and me moving on to another insurer would cause them a loss. That's regardless of them being a rip off. She said people simply don't like such reasonable conditions and don't want to pay in such circumstances. People liking things for free is also very, very common here.

Last edited by Turbohot; 27 June 2016 at 06:56 PM.
Old 27 June 2016, 11:26 PM
scousefly
Scooby Regular

Thumbs down

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Dear All,

The referendum has been a battle of ideas between us, what is the best path for us as a country. I have been a part of that battle, I have been insulted and indeed have insulted others. I'm no saint, nor do I claim to be

The battle is now over. It would be easy for me to gloat and crow, to settle old scores. However 13 months ago, I was where you are now. I had banged the drum for UKIP, with an end result of 1 MP. That hurt, and it hurt badly. I suffered abuse here for being proven wrong.

I had to take it on the chin, there was no other option. The people had spoken. Reality had met my beliefs, and my beliefs were found to be flawed.

So I licked my wounds. I learnt quite a few lessons. I stood up again, didn't quit, came back on here to the jeers, and argued my case all over again.

I'll be honest. I had seen the very last polls on the night of the 22nd and it showed a 6 point lead for the Remain camp. I attended the count for my district on Thursday night. People asked me how I felt. My reply was "I fear for the worse and hope for the best".

It was a momentous night. A true roller coaster. I ended up driving home in tears.

The people have spoken. If you believe in democracy as I do, if you believe it is the fountain from which our freedom flows, then please, take a breath, take a good piece of reflection and understand that life is a journey, it has ups and downs.

This battle is over. What is needed now is careful thought on the best way to achieve what has been voted for. I dare say there will be disagreements over the way to proceed, but that is healthy. Ideas are tested and the weak ones discarded. But please, the name calling, the vitriol, the moaning and whining must end. We must work on this project together.

Finally as some of you may know I have have so many run-ins with Martin2005 that I have blocked his posts. However I did see one of them https://www.scoobynet.com/1035248-eu...l#post11850025 I would like to take this opportunity to say Thank you to Martin for that gracious post and he sets a positive example to us all. I highly commend his decency in his posting it. I know its not easy, but it takes a strong person to pick themselves up from a defeat like that. He is an example for us all

What an insignificant, snivelling, oxygen thief you are.
Old 28 June 2016, 11:07 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
I asked at least twice what way weren't free

No one could ever tell me

I liken it to those Koch Brothers funded tea party events in America

Where you have a sea of people campaigning against free healthcare

Some in wheelchairs some with those portable oxygen tanks and tubes up their noses

Freedom to be poor and sick
We were NOT free to ignore EU laws, rules and regulations. Now we will be.

We were NOT free to deal with our criminals as we wished. Now we will be.

We were NOT free to do as we pleased regarding supporting our industries...steel for one. Now we will be.

Enough freedoms for you?
Old 28 June 2016, 11:12 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Actually there was a Women on news in Sunderland worried about how her sons positions in engineering industry maybe affected now we are out the eu

!??
Old 28 June 2016, 12:02 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Warren idolises this bàstard.

http://news.sky.com/story/1718503/fa...t-laughing-now
Old 28 June 2016, 12:38 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by alcazar
Are are still not free to ignore EU laws. In 2+ years when we leave the EU we will still not be free. If we accept a Norway or Swiss solution, we will never be free. If we do completely sever all ties to the EU, then we still aren't free unless parliament revokes each rule individually, which will also take years and in many cases won't be revoked! And even after all that, if we still want to keep selling things to the EU, we will still have to conform to EU rules!

Do you want to bring back hanging or something? What exactly do you want to do with OUR criminals now that we couldn't do before! Or perhaps you mean we can do what we want with foreign criminals, specifically deporting them? Well, with non-EU criminals we can already deport them provided we respect (non EU) human rights laws. With EU criminals, we have to treat them the same as OUR criminals! To be honest, I don't know the numbers of EU criminals in the UK, but I'm guessing deporting them its not the biggest problem we have to face!

We were NOT free to do as we pleased regarding supporting our industries...steel for one. Now we will be.
The EU applies tariffs to imported steel and wanted to increase the tariffs to protect the whole European steel industry, including the British. The UK vetoed the tariff increases!
British steel: UK Government blocked EU plans to allow tougher tariffs on 'aggressive' Chinese imports
David Cameron accused of failing UK steel after EU proposal rejected
Steel crisis: UK blocked tougher EU rules amid shoe price rise fears

So much for our freedom to support our industries! It seems the EU is far more willing to protect our industries than our own government is!

Enough freedoms for you?
We have lost far more freedoms than we are going to gain!

On another note, Alcazar, don't you have a property in France? I hope you don't like to make long visits there...
Foreign nationals holding ordinary passports exempt from visa requirements
Section 1.2 should be of interest to you!
Old 28 June 2016, 02:59 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Enough freedoms for you?
I notice you left off free to control our borders, which increasingly it seems we will not.
Old 28 June 2016, 03:50 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JTaylor

Just as well Warren has resigned from Scoobynet. He would have ripped your head off for calling Mr. F a barwasturd.
Old 28 June 2016, 04:04 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

My guess he's been heavily promoted through the ranks, probably giving it tongues with one of yunkers subordinates trying "thrash" out a deal...
Old 28 June 2016, 04:04 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

BTW, terribly embarrassing performance by F in front of the neighbours. He played the oppressed victim card on behalf of the UK with such aggression and blame that you'd now believe me when I say that the guy is not only a specimen for the work shy but also for the ones that follow the blame culture without any introspection and without taking some responsibility for it. The guy was so undiplomatic, rude and dramatic that you could read him like a book. Not that he didn't want to be read. He honestly doesn't give a f**k, he's unhinged! His post-speech facial expressions were of a defiant school boy who loves mouthing off his flippant mind as disgracefully as possible in front of his school master. Loves controversy and drama, that man.
Old 28 June 2016, 04:46 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

. You've mentioned "hug the enemy" before. Sinister.
you might recall me using the phrase, when describing the neo-conservative philosophy

"we need to destroy this village to save it"

seem apt listening to Farage
Old 28 June 2016, 04:47 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

On another note, Alcazar, don't you have a property in France? I hope you don't like to make long visits there...
Foreign nationals holding ordinary passports exempt from visa requirements
Section 1.2 should be of interest to you!
Just silly. They are NOT going to kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Just as they have consistently ignored EU instructions to stop allowing TVA to be at a far lower level on renovations.

You lot are not only panicking, you are getting desperate.

And as for steel, as you WELL know, Germny and Italy both relaxed all sorts of EU rules on energy prices, emissions and green taxes to aid their steel industries, shrugging and saying, "It's done now" when the EU told them they weren't allowed.

The UK obeyed the EU and did nowt.

Stop peddling untruths.

Old 28 June 2016, 04:52 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
you might recall me using the phrase, when describing the neo-conservative philosophy

"we need to destroy this village to save it"

seem apt listening to Farage
Our first clash if I recall correctly. Still, truth springs from argument amongst friends.
Old 28 June 2016, 05:04 PM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Just as they have consistently ignored EU instructions to stop allowing TVA to be at a far lower level on renovations.

You lot are not only panicking, you are getting desperate.

And as for steel, as you WELL know, Germny and Italy both relaxed all sorts of EU rules on energy prices, emissions and green taxes to aid their steel industries, shrugging and saying, "It's done now" when the EU told them they weren't allowed.

The UK obeyed the EU and did nowt.

Stop peddling untruths.
So, you're trying to tell me that its not true that the UK blocked higher tariffs on Chinese steel then? Despite all those links I posted stating the contrary? And you're saying this is not the reason why the UK steel industry is suffering, rather its the fault of Germany and Italy breaking EU rules following the fact that the UK blocked higher tariffs?

And, you're also trying to tell me, that if the UK does not continue freedom of movement, France (and presumably the rest of the EU) will continue to allow full freedom of movement of British citizens, despite no reciprocal agreement? That France will create a special rule for the UK, to allow people more than 90 days stay in any 180 day period to all Schengen countries without the need to apply for a visa despite no such deal existing for any other non EU/EEA/EFTA country?

Or perhaps you are trying to hint that you know full well, nothing is going to be done about immigration?
Old 28 June 2016, 05:11 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

do you not read the news?

they have just passed a motion requesting we get on with it

they want us to start NOW and not wait for the Tory party to get its **** together

which actually begs the question - is the country worth more than the settling of internal Tory party squabbles

seems not

they have also said we will NOT get any special deals,

I don't think (and certainly hope) that they won't be punitive (although I bet some would want do!!)

now I am not naive enough to pretend that some of the EU statements are simply posturing

but it is fantasy to think that the EU will give us everything we want

I,e, SIGNIFICANTLY better than the Norway option

if they do - I will happily start a thread announcing I was wrong (I always try to admit my mistakes)

so you gave give me a kicking

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 28 June 2016 at 05:13 PM.
Old 28 June 2016, 05:12 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Our first clash if I recall correctly. Still, truth springs from argument amongst friends.
lol, we should write a book JT
Old 28 June 2016, 05:22 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

a good view from across the pond

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/28/op...pgtype=article
Old 28 June 2016, 05:28 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

So, you're trying to tell me that its not true that the UK blocked higher tariffs on Chinese steel then? Despite all those links I posted stating the contrary? And you're saying this is not the reason why the UK steel industry is suffering, rather its the fault of Germany and Italy breaking EU rules following the fact that the UK blocked higher tariffs?

And, you're also trying to tell me, that if the UK does not continue freedom of movement, France (and presumably the rest of the EU) will continue to allow full freedom of movement of British citizens, despite no reciprocal agreement? That France will create a special rule for the UK, to allow people more than 90 days stay in any 180 day period to all Schengen countries without the need to apply for a visa despite no such deal existing for any other non EU/EEA/EFTA country?

Or perhaps you are trying to hint that you know full well, nothing is going to be done about immigration?

This is the over-confidence that the Brexiteers are showing. Farage spoke pretty much in the same terms today. Each and everyone of Brexiteers says that the UK is so well hard, prosperous and extremely capable on its tod that it can take on virtually anything, and everyone wants a precious piece of it. To Brexiteers, they are the geese with the special powers that enables them to lay the golden eggs, so why would France or anyone dare to put visa conditions on them. Alcazar had said before that him buying a house in France helps France's economy. If alcazar is forced to pull out or gets controlled by French immigration rules, it will be the France cutting their nose to spite their face and becoming deprived of his golden eggs.

You know during this Brexit malarkey, a white British prominent ex scoobynetter called Britain a little Jack Russell who thinks that it's a f**king huge, wellard scary lion. He said that on FB. Made me smile.

Last edited by Turbohot; 28 June 2016 at 05:34 PM.
Old 29 June 2016, 10:42 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

wellard

lol
Old 29 June 2016, 02:55 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by joz8968

lol

My brain also generates Phil and Grant Mitchell's images when this 'wellard' terminology pushes itself into some sort of context.

Last edited by Turbohot; 29 June 2016 at 02:57 PM.
Old 29 June 2016, 06:43 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I see the FTSE 100 has now caught up with and exceeded its pre referendum level. Just saying!
Old 30 June 2016, 09:30 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Facile...there is actually no such thing as cheap Chinese steel. What there IS is expensive European steel. THAT is why Germany and Italy took unilateral action, NOT with stupid tariffs, but by relaxing energy, emission and green tax rules. Also business taxes. WE were not allowed to do the first three and refused to do the fourth.

You keep on believing that if it makes you feel better in your bitterness. You almost seem to be revelling in the doom and gloom, like many Bremainers...but hey, that's the British way, isn't it?

We'll see if they DO want to kill off the goose, won't we? What they SAY and what they DO are often diametrically opposed. At the mo they are trying to scare us...and you lot are sucking it all up.

ARE we at war yet? Cam Moron said it could lead to war...LOL
Old 30 June 2016, 09:49 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

Facile...there is actually no such thing as cheap Chinese steel. What there IS is expensive European steel. THAT is why Germany and Italy took unilateral action, NOT with stupid tariffs, but by relaxing energy, emission and green tax rules. Also business taxes. WE were not allowed to do the first three and refused to do the fourth.

You keep on believing that if it makes you feel better in your bitterness. You almost seem to be revelling in the doom and gloom, like many Bremainers...but hey, that's the British way, isn't it?

We'll see if they DO want to kill off the goose, won't we? What they SAY and what they DO are often diametrically opposed. At the mo they are trying to scare us...and you lot are sucking it all up.

ARE we at war yet? Cam Moron said it could lead to war...LOL
Nice rant without answering a single question! You could be a politician!
Old 30 June 2016, 09:52 AM
BMWhere?
Scooby Senior

I see the FTSE 100 has now caught up with and exceeded its pre referendum level. Just saying!
FTSE 100 is mostly international companies. The FTSE 250 gives a better guide to the effect on UK businesses.

I think we're now seeing signs that the markets are gaining confidence that Brexit won't happen, or at lease we won't be leaving the single market.
Old 30 June 2016, 10:41 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

FTSE 100 is mostly international companies. The FTSE 250 gives a better guide to the effect on UK businesses.

I think we're now seeing signs that the markets are gaining confidence that Brexit won't happen, or at lease we won't be leaving the single market.
but also the "markets" are a somewhat course ,measurement of the underlying economy - especially short term fluctuations - whether up or down

they react to much to "sentiment"

and lets fact it - if the Government announced it was going to privatise the BBC, NHS all the national parks and remove all restrictions on workers rights

the footsie would rocket
Old 30 June 2016, 10:48 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Nice rant without answering a single question! You could be a politician!
I really wouldn't bother, it's like banging your head against a brick wall.
Old 30 June 2016, 11:08 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

And the £250billion reassurance from the Bank of England, you know, the people who'll want that back with interest.

Quick Reply: Ladies and Gentlemen