Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Trump

Search this Thread

Old 28 July 2016, 12:36 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's your point?

The day after Cleveland and his official nomination he was still making stupid comments about Cruz. The guy is too thin skinned, it makes him erratic and potentially dangerous.
He has no policies other that to say 'I'll fix that'. He denies science, rejects allies, and is far too close Russia for comfort.
So why do you think Trump would make a good president?

Last edited by Martin2005; 28 July 2016 at 12:56 AM.
Old 28 July 2016, 06:25 AM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by gary77
Great find thanks for that .
Whilst Stefan Molyneux will make many on here foam at the mouth with his application of logic and reason, I do think his assessment of Trump is excellent and goes to show just how manipulated by the media the masses are.
Old 28 July 2016, 07:09 AM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Martin2005
What's your point?

The day after Cleveland and his official nomination he was still making stupid comments about Cruz. The guy is too thin skinned, it makes him erratic and potentially dangerous.
He has no policies other that to say 'I'll fix that'. He denies science, rejects allies, and is far too close Russia for comfort.
So why do you think Trump would make a good president?
I explained why i put the link up .

I dont know if he would be a good president ,but it would be interesting to see
Old 28 July 2016, 09:03 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by HonestIago
Whilst Stefan Molyneux will make many on here foam at the mouth with his application of logic and reason, I do think his assessment of Trump is excellent and goes to show just how manipulated by the media the masses are.
he doesn't make me foam

I just think he is a delusional tool who thinks he is too clever for his own good

I saw a video of his on climate change - repeats all the wingnut cr4p from the neoliberal conservative right, that has been debunked time and time again

he spouts on like anyone who's daft views hit the buffers of reality

in the video he show a quote from Trump - reproduced here

“When Mexico sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you (pointing to the audience). They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems to us. They’re bringing drugs. They’re bringing crime. They’re rapists. And some, I assume, are good people! But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we’re getting. And it only makes common sense. They’re sending us not the right people. It’s coming from more than Mexico."

and tries to argue that the media misrepresented him - what he fails to see is that we can all read what Trump said - it is quoted

Trump says Mexican (that come to the US) are rapists -its in the fvcking quote

and Trump goes further - because he says "and then some" so worse than rapists!!!!!!!!!

but as Michael Shermer of the sceptic society observed - these lunatics live in an alternate reality

when Shermer debates them about Global Warming, he puts up a graph showing ever rising temperatures, the wingnut right then put up the same graph and say temps are falling

then we have Stefan Molyneux doing the same thing

sticking up a quote of Trump saying Mexicans are rapist and then telling everyone he did not say that and complaining about the MSM (yawn) and laughably says people should get their news (and presumably science) from youtube - welcome to the middle ages

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 28 July 2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 28 July 2016, 10:05 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

youtube has some really amazing contributors who post up useful ****e / guides , purely , from the goodness of their hearts - as far as I can make out

But theres still room for wafflers like this one , for people who have given up on life
Old 28 July 2016, 10:19 AM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

youtube is fantastic for how to change the oil on a 2.0 TFSI Audi

or how to wax and repair a Snowboard

but "alternative" theories on heliocentricity, evolution and the efficacy of vaccines - not so much

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 28 July 2016 at 10:27 AM.
Old 28 July 2016, 11:47 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

I explained why i put the link up .

I dont know if he would be a good president ,but it would be interesting to see

Yes 'interesting' in the same way as sharing a bath with a plugged in hairdryer would be interesting.
Old 28 July 2016, 11:49 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Yes we're all sheeple manipulated by the media - thank god we have enlightened and un-patronising people like you about to save us from ourselves

I've watched live many of Trumps press conferences and speeches. There's no media manipulation required. The man is condemned by his own words!

Even Fox are struggling to spin for him ffs

Last edited by Martin2005; 28 July 2016 at 11:53 AM.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:43 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

I think what is important to consider are actions rather than words. Trump has played the media like a fiddle in stealing the limelight with some attention grabbing statements. He came from rank outsider to WINNING THE NOMINATION. You do not do that by luck or by being stupid or failing to have a grasp of reality. He has proved himself a shrewd and competent operator in virtually everything he has turned his hand to.

Were he genuinely a racist or misogynist there would surely be hundreds of former employees or associates waiting to testify against him. The fact is he has promoted multiple women to senior positions and employed countless ethnic minorities - the overwhelming majority of which have nothing but admiration for him.

I believe that if one is so desperate to denigrate Trump then one must at least be prepared to argue why Hillary Clinton is such a much better choice. Yes Hillary says all the agreeable PC things (depending which way the wind is blowing - see her changing stance on gay marriage) but if you actually delve into her ACTIONS while in public office then the case for her being President is a difficult one to make.
Old 28 July 2016, 01:57 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

I think what is important to consider are actions rather than words. Trump has played the media like a fiddle in stealing the limelight with some attention grabbing statements. He came from rank outsider to WINNING THE NOMINATION. You do not do that by luck or by being stupid or failing to have a grasp of reality. He has proved himself a shrewd and competent operator in virtually everything he has turned his hand to.

Were he genuinely a racist or misogynist there would surely be hundreds of former employees or associates waiting to testify against him. The fact is he has promoted multiple women to senior positions and employed countless ethnic minorities - the overwhelming majority of which have nothing but admiration for him.

I believe that if one is so desperate to denigrate Trump then one must at least be prepared to argue why Hillary Clinton is such a much better choice. Yes Hillary says all the agreeable PC things (depending which way the wind is blowing - see her changing stance on gay marriage) but if you actually delve into her ACTIONS while in public office then the case for her being President is a difficult one to make.

have you looked into the scandal of Trump University (or the many other business scandals he has been party too)

the guy is a serial bullsh1t artist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...than-you-think

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/us...sity.html?_r=0

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/
Old 28 July 2016, 02:10 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by hodgy0_2
have you looked into the scandal of Trump University (or the many other business scandals he has been party too)

the guy is a serial bullsh1t artist

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_University

http://www.newyorker.com/news/john-c...than-you-think

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/06/01/us...sity.html?_r=0

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/432010/
By the same token go and have a look into Clinton's email scandal or Benghazi or the corrupt ways in which her and her husband have enriched themselves over the years. I do not believe Trump is a model president, but I do think he's a better option than Clinton. That's all.
Old 28 July 2016, 02:54 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

By the same token go and have a look into Clinton's email scandal or Benghazi or the corrupt ways in which her and her husband have enriched themselves over the years. I do not believe Trump is a model president, but I do think he's a better option than Clinton. That's all.
yes nice deflection - but I have not mentioned Hilary Clinton on my 7 years posting on this forum

this thread is about Trump - how do I know

because of the thread title
Old 28 July 2016, 03:41 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Refer to my previous post...its all very well criticising Trump but arguably pointless if you can't make the case for his opponent being a better President. It's very easy to just criticise everyone and everything without having to put forward a solution to anything.
Old 28 July 2016, 03:42 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

Trump would be a disaster. Period.

dl
Old 28 July 2016, 03:44 PM
HonestIago
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by David Lock
Trump would be a disaster. Period.

dl
No he wouldn't. Fact.

See we can all make baseless assertions
Old 28 July 2016, 06:39 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Refer to my previous post...its all very well criticising Trump but arguably pointless if you can't make the case for his opponent being a better President. It's very easy to just criticise everyone and everything without having to put forward a solution to anything.
well that looks like fuzzy logic to me

what you seem to be saying is "I can propose a brain dead baboon for president of the US - and will accept no criticism as valid unless you propose a 100% perfect alternative"

Hilary Clinton - for what it's worth comes over as quite an unsympathetic character, deeply entrenched in the "elite/establishment" (as is Trump, he just plays to the gallery)

is she gonna solve all of the US issues - absolutely not

but then again she comes under relentless attack from the wingnut media, the same idiots who claimed Obama was a Muslim not born in the US, despite his passport proving otherwise - but then belief trumps evidence with these clowns

lets be honest if Hilary could walk on water, the headlines in the wingnut media would be that "Hilary can't swim"
Old 28 July 2016, 07:18 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Hodgy do you believe he ment mexicans are rapists or that some of the mexicans entering america are rapists .

When i listen to it i understand he is saying that the mexicans coming into america some are drug dealers and rapists but some are good people .

But then you do what the media does and go on about how he said mexicans are rapists .

Its obvious to me what he ment i cant understand why anyone would think he ment anything else

Last edited by gary77; 28 July 2016 at 07:27 PM.
Old 28 July 2016, 07:21 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Martin2005
Yes 'interesting' in the same way as sharing a bath with a plugged in hairdryer would be interesting.
No interesting to see what he actually does instead of judging him on the things he says for publicity .

I think if he becomes president and he annoys enough dangerous people he will be assasinated before starting any war etc

Last edited by gary77; 28 July 2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 28 July 2016, 08:12 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Hodgy do you believe he ment mexicans are rapists or that some of the mexicans entering america are rapists .

When i listen to it i understand he is saying that the mexicans coming into america some are drug dealers and rapists but some are good people .

But then you do what the media does and go on about how he said mexicans are rapists .

Its obvious to me what he ment i cant understand why anyone would think he ment anything else
Assuming your interpretation here is correct (although I strongly doubt that it is), would you as a potential voter in the American elections be thrilled at the prospect of voting for someone who appears to say the exact opposite of what they really mean so often as Trump does? Or would you prefer to take the safe (and perhaps boring) option of voting for someone who can clearly and properly express themselves in the main language of the country they're hoping to represent?
Old 28 July 2016, 08:31 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

So you honestly think he ment all mexicans are rapists ?
Or
all mexicans coming to america are rapists ?
Or
that there are mexican rapists coming into america?

If he hadnt said that he assumes some of the imagrants are good people . Then id agree with you . But he did so i cant

To me it is completely obvious what he said while talking about mexicans coming to america . That they are drug dealers and rapists but some he assumes are good people .

I dont see where the confusion is .
Old 28 July 2016, 08:36 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by markjmd
Assuming your interpretation here is correct (although I strongly doubt that it is), would you as a potential voter in the American elections be thrilled at the prospect of voting for someone who appears to say the exact opposite of what they really mean so often as Trump does? Or would you prefer to take the safe (and perhaps boring) option of voting for someone who can clearly and properly express themselves in the main language of the country they're hoping to represent?
When did he say the exact oposite of what he ment ?

Your question is would i prefer someone that says what they mean over someone that doesnt ? There isnt really any need to answer that is there .

But your point is that trump doesnt say what he means . At the moment i cant agree with that but i will reconsider if you can show me him doing that
Old 28 July 2016, 08:40 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

Nobody can deny that there will be all kinds of mexicans going to america . Drug dealers , murderers and rapists but im sure many more of them are good people .

Trump did exagerate the truth and thats the real issue .
Old 28 July 2016, 09:28 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

No he wouldn't. Fact.

See we can all make baseless assertions

So he wants to carpet bomb the Syrians and give Russia the thumbs up for hacking into US computers.

But what I really didn't like was the brutal way he treated those opposed to his Scotland Golf plans.

dl
Old 28 July 2016, 09:52 PM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

When did he say the exact oposite of what he ment ?

Your question is would i prefer someone that says what they mean over someone that doesnt ? There isnt really any need to answer that is there .

But your point is that trump doesnt say what he means . At the moment i cant agree with that but i will reconsider if you can show me him doing that
Do all flat earthers support Trump?
Old 28 July 2016, 09:53 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

I dont believe the earth is flat and i dont support trump or bull****

But out of interest show me why you think i believe that the earth is flat . I guess its something i said in the flat earth thread .

Is it just standard misrepresentation ?

Last edited by gary77; 28 July 2016 at 09:57 PM.
Old 28 July 2016, 09:55 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Time for this brief intermission:

Old 28 July 2016, 09:56 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

So you honestly think he ment all mexicans are rapists ?
Or
all mexicans coming to america are rapists ?
Or
that there are mexican rapists coming into america?

If he hadnt said that he assumes some of the imagrants are good people . Then id agree with you . But he did so i cant

To me it is completely obvious what he said while talking about mexicans coming to america . That they are drug dealers and rapists but some he assumes are good people .

I dont see where the confusion is .
Taken at face value, the meaning of what Trump said can be summed up as "although there are exceptions, the majority of Mexicans who come here are drug users or dealers, criminals and rapists." That's a plain fact, as would be understood by anyone with a good command of the English language either hearing the words that Trump actually spoke or seeing them written down.

What you seem to want to believe he said is the exact opposite, or in other words, "although there are exceptions, the majority of Mexicans who come here are NOT drug users or dealers, criminals and rapists".

Unfortunately, in the real world, both can't be true. In the real world, you either have to believe that Trump was lieing when he said that most Mexicans are criminals, rapists etc, or that he's lieing when he denies that's what he said (when challenged about it by his rivals, the press, etc), or that he's just unbelievably cr@p at saying what he actually means to say, and often ends up saying the exact opposite. You may or may not find this surprising, but to most people, none of these options are particularly palatable, when they're weighing up who to elect as the leader of the most powerful country in the world.
Old 28 July 2016, 10:05 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

I'll reply before i read the rest of your post .

The first paragraph i agree with 100% and i gisagree with the second paragraph 100%

I'll edit as i go to reply in line with what you said .
You said
" Unfortunately, in the real world, both can't be true. In the real world, you either have to believe that Trump was lieing when he said that most Mexicans are criminals, rapists etc"

The only problem is that you go back to talking about mexicans in general and not the imagrants entering america.

Then you go on about how he denied saying it . Well he didnt talk about mexicans in general only the one going to america . So he is right to deny that.

He is not crap at saying what he means .i think he is very good at saying it in a way that gets him the reaction he needs .

I still cant see where he said the opposite of what he ment . Unless he didnt mean to say most of the mexicans going to america are criminals . I think he ment to say it but i dont think its a true fact .

The problem of electing trump as president is purely the fact that he doesnt behave like a politician but then again thats why he is so populer also.

Its interesting circumstances that ive never seen the like of

Last edited by gary77; 28 July 2016 at 10:15 PM.
Old 28 July 2016, 10:14 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Like being sucked into a black hole
Old 28 July 2016, 10:46 PM
gary77
Scooby Regular

HMark If you read the last paragraph i wrote in the post of mine that you quoted you will see what i think he ment . And it is the same as what you understood he ment.

But to say he was talking about all mexicans isnt true and thats what the media did . Just like you and hodgy have done here .

Its strange how you can go from saying what you understood he ment and then changung it in the very same post

Here
"Taken at face value, the meaning of what Trump said can be summed up as "although there are exceptions, the majority of Mexicans who come here are drug users or dealers, criminals and rapists."

And then in the same post
"In the real world, you either have to believe that Trump was lieing when he said that most Mexicans are criminals, rapists etc"

You can see the difference and how one is misrepresenting what he said righ ?

What should be talked about after his comment is whether the majority of the imagrants from mexico to america are actually crimimals . Not that he made a racist remark about all mexicans,because he didnt and its just bull**** to say he did .

Why is it the populer response by the media to misrepresent what he said and call him a racist instead of addressing the claim that most of the mexican imigrants are criminals and show him to be a liar

Also it would be great to see those media sources have to defend why they blatantly try to mislead us

Last edited by gary77; 28 July 2016 at 11:26 PM.

Quick Reply: Trump