Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

What's the most unlikely coincidence you've ever experienced ?

Search this Thread

Old 27 November 2015, 10:03 PM
tarmac terror
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and I went on a trip around the west coast of Ireland, where we used B&B's and hotels to make our way round the coast over about 10 days. On the second day of our trip we were sat in the B&B having breakfast and chatting, when an ex-girlfriend and her boyfriend came into the room for breakfast. We had a brief awkward chat then packed our things to move on to a hotel in Mayo. On the second night in the hotel in Mayo, we were in the restaurant having dinner, when a different ex-girlfriend and her husband came into the restaurant.

I thought the whole co-incidence was quite funny, Mrs T, not so much!
Old 27 November 2015, 10:28 PM
Pross
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

GF got sky installed a few months ago, the guy set the film pin to my day/year of birth.. she wasnt there neither was I.

.. wierd
Old 28 November 2015, 07:52 AM
donny andi
Scooby Regular

Last edited by donny andi; 28 November 2015 at 07:53 AM.
Old 29 November 2015, 09:52 AM
Kwik
Scooby Regular

My uncle moved to Texas before I was born. When I was 8 we went to Florida and one day went to seaworld. Whilst there a guy called out to my mum and you guessed it, it was my uncle.

It wasn't pre arranged, just a freak co incidence that they had taken a holiday at the same time, went to sea world on the same day and we bumped into his family.
Old 29 November 2015, 04:57 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 18 April 2016 at 07:58 PM.
Old 29 November 2015, 05:04 PM
JTaylor
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
Nauseating, isn't it!? And it's always the same member who is responsible. Like a troll, I do my best to try to ignore him. He wants attention; he wants us to participate in his boring, pointless debates, where he just repeats the same nonsense that he's read somewhere. Don't give him the satisfaction. Like most of these nutters, he's not content to simply hold and keep to himself his own personal views. His mission is to impart his garbage on to everybody else, in some sinister attempt to convert and brainwash the desperate and the gullible. It's his type that are responsible for most of the problems we see in the world today.
Matthew 5:11
Old 29 November 2015, 05:27 PM
elgassi
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by legb4rsk
I have noticed that recently quite a few threads are deteriorating into theological and/or religious arguments that have no bearing on the threads subject matter...........................

anyone else getting thoroughly bored with this?
Absolutely, join a theological debating society for like minded people, don't try and spread the word on a car forum, do it at church or with your own flock of followers
Old 29 November 2015, 06:13 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

Has anyone noticed that some threads turn into people denunciating people who turn threads into religious debates?

Sorry.......
Old 29 November 2015, 06:21 PM
legb4rsk
Scooby Regular

Location: If you're not braking or accelerating you're wasting time.

A small one but weird all the same.

I was out yesterday with some friends meeting up with another buddy who was over from New Zealand.When we got into the taxi to go back to his mum's house where he is staying whilst over here. He gives his mum's post code to the driver which just happened to end in NZ.
Old 29 November 2015, 07:15 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

The problem with attaching too much to coincidences is it can lead you down the rabbit hole

Disney Illuminati confirmed - lol
Old 29 November 2015, 11:27 PM
gpssti4
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Flew out to Brazil last month and bumped into someone I know from London in São Paulo airport. I didn't know she was going to Brazil nor she I.
Old 30 November 2015, 07:19 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I was sat on a plane a few months back and a really good friend starts walking up the isle, her seat was on the other side of the plane and one in front, she exchanged and sat next to me, and then wouldn't shut up I was tired and was just planning on sleeping. I wouldn't say it was a major coincidence though as it's a pretty small place where I am out here and it's not the first time I have seen someone on the plane that I know.

I was also at disney land and met a bloke from Derby, I'm from Nottingham and My mrs is from Derbyshire, but that was 10yrs before we got together, must have been some sort of omen.

Old 01 December 2015, 06:49 PM
matty01
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thanks guys , some wierdness there but maybe a little bit of wierdness is 'normal' ha ha
Old 01 December 2015, 10:51 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

this pretty much nails it

educate yourself!!!!
Old 02 December 2015, 04:46 AM
RobJenks
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JTaylor
It's unfathomable and ineffable when taken back to Big Bang and we then have pre-Big Bang and the notion of multiverses, but even this doesn't satisfy the problem of infinite regress. After this we travel all the way through to the 'creation' of Earth, abiogenesis, incalculable mutations of the species and so on until gran meets grandad and father is born and mother is born and procreation takes place and the staggering, magical, miraculous odds of conception! Any event after this only adds to how incredibly unlikely it is that anything happens at all. Yet here we are. Awesome!

It is all about the roll of the dice - albeit a dice with billions of sides .
If the dice is rolled enough times "your winning number " or "existence" will eventually come up.
Losing numbers are irrelevant because as they are never observed , so they can never exist.
But they may well exist in an alternative universe as there may be an infinite number of universes according to some theories that are being pondered.