Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Pitbulls... Here we go again.

Search this Thread

Old 12 September 2015, 05:40 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pitbulls... Here we go again.

This time in America and amazingly no one was killed. 2 pitbulls savage a man and then attack passers by trying to help. Why the hell did no one shoot them??

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...limb-from-limb
Old 12 September 2015, 05:44 PM
Blue by You
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LSherratt
Why the hell did no one shoot them??
Most probably because they have four legs instead of the requisite two for what Americans seem to consider as suitable targets
Old 12 September 2015, 05:56 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure what I would have done if that was on UK streets. You need a hell of a lot of force to stop a crazed pitbull, let alone two...
Old 12 September 2015, 06:01 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

This time in America and amazingly no one was killed. 2 pitbulls savage a man and then attack passers by trying to help. Why the hell did no one shoot them??

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/late...limb-from-limb

As I mentioned elsewhere in another thread we have over 6,000 people a year hospitalised by dog attacks in the UK alone, yet any ******** can own one without regulation.
Old 12 September 2015, 06:24 PM
silver-sub
Scooby Regular

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

I can't believe the idiot farther with his child. Wtf ??
Old 12 September 2015, 07:10 PM
LostUser
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by silver-sub
I can't believe the idiot farther with his child. Wtf ??
Exactly what I was thinking. Complete f*ckwit
Old 12 September 2015, 07:15 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Just watched the vid. Horrendous.
Old 12 September 2015, 07:19 PM
Ooperbum
BANNED

Scum dogs owned by scum owners. Jeremy Kyle specials
Old 12 September 2015, 07:26 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Don't blame the dog,blame the owner ......
Old 12 September 2015, 07:29 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Ooperbum
scum owners. Jeremy Kyle specials
Edited for the truth.I have had pitball dogs before they were a banned breed,and they are the most loving and obedient dogs I have ever had.I have french mastiffs now and like any tuff working breed dogs they need proper training to get the best out of them, which applies to "ANY" dog breed.SJ.

Last edited by stonejedi; 12 September 2015 at 07:31 PM.
Old 12 September 2015, 07:39 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by Blue by You
Most probably because they have four legs instead of the requisite two for what Americans seem to consider as suitable targets
That maybe, but probably more to do with the fact that New York city is one of very few places in the US that actually has quite restrictive laws on handgun ownership and concealed carrying of them.
Old 12 September 2015, 07:43 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
Don't blame the dog,blame the owner ......

Yes always, and owners seemingly train their dogs to attack them and their families because they are the most frequent victims. Unfortunately when the home training gets boring the dogs go out and hone their attack skills on the public.

Moral: if you must risk going out in dogland then carry an extendable baton so you can smash the head in of any dog that sets about you.
Old 12 September 2015, 07:59 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Paben
Yes always, and owners seemingly train their dogs to attack them and their families because they are the most frequent victims. Unfortunately when the home training gets boring the dogs go out and hone their attack skills on the public.

Moral: if you must risk going out in dogland then carry an extendable baton so you can smash the head in of any dog that sets about you.
That's the thing with so called fighting dogs,you must try not to get bitten in the first place,as once those untrained dogs work themselves into a frenzy it will take more then a baton to stop them.These kind of dog incidents comes down to bad owners and zero proper dog training all day long.A dog is not a wild animal until allowed to be one.SJ.
Old 12 September 2015, 08:25 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by stonejedi
That's the thing with so called fighting dogs,you must try not to get bitten in the first place,as once those untrained dogs work themselves into a frenzy it will take more then a baton to stop them.These kind of dog incidents comes down to bad owners and zero proper dog training all day long.A dog is not a wild animal until allowed to be one.SJ.

I'm sure you're right but doesn't this reinforce the idea of restricting or even banning the ownership of large dogs? No one in their right mind would entertain the idea of having a leopard prowling about the house, however loving it might be when it's in a good mood. Very bad news if it has a tantrum though. But leopards weigh about the same as a big dog and there's plenty of those in captivity, grenades waiting to go off.
Old 12 September 2015, 08:35 PM
David Lock
Scooby Regular

[QUOTE=LSherratt;11735783]This time in America and amazingly no one was killed. 2 pitbulls savage a man and then attack passers by trying to help. Why the hell did no one shoot them??

'Cos they weren't black

dl
Old 12 September 2015, 08:38 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Loool I hear you mate,but comparing a leopard to a dog is a bit over the top,dogs are a domesticated breed of animal and has been for hundreds of years,it will always come down to adequate training or the rub being lack of..... bad owners will always be the brunt of the problem.Animals will always be the victim of inconsiderate ownership whether they have the knowledge or experience to own train dogs etc.....SJ.
Old 12 September 2015, 08:54 PM
nik52wrx
Scooby Regular

What's a large dog, a pit bull?
Or shall we shoot all St Bernard's?

I'm sure you're right but doesn't this reinforce the idea of restricting or even banning the ownership of large dogs? No one in their right mind would entertain the idea of having a leopard prowling about the house, however loving it might be when it's in a good mood. Very bad news if it has a tantrum though. But leopards weigh about the same as a big dog and there's plenty of those in captivity, grenades waiting to go off.
Old 12 September 2015, 09:14 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Loool I hear you mate,but comparing a leopard to a dog is a bit over the top,dogs are a domesticated breed of animal and has been for hundreds of years,it will always come down to adequate training or the rub being lack of..... bad owners will always be the brunt of the problem.Animals will always be the victim of inconsiderate ownership whether they have the knowledge or experience to own train dogs etc.....SJ.

Agreed a leopard is an extreme example, but there are many breeds of dog that can do as much damage if they lose control. And however useless the owner might be it's ultimately the dog that does the deed.
Old 12 September 2015, 09:16 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Sorry, lost control and posted twice!

Last edited by Paben; 12 September 2015 at 09:18 PM.
Old 12 September 2015, 09:37 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by nik52wrx
What's a large dog, a pit bull?
Or shall we shoot all St Bernard's?
We're referring to large dogs that have the traits to show pure murderous and uncontrable aggression when not trained properly. Saint Bernards, Alaskan Malamutes and other large breeds don't have the trait to go on a crazed rampage like pitbulls do.
Old 12 September 2015, 09:38 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

We're referring to large dogs that have the traits to show pure murderous and uncontrable aggression when not trained properly. Saint Bernards, Alaskan Malamutes and other large breeds don't have the trait to go on a crazed rampage like pitbulls do.

My mate's got an Alaskan Malamute and it's nasty as **** .....
Old 12 September 2015, 09:47 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Dirk Diggler 75
My mate's got an Alaskan Malamute and it's nasty as **** .....
May be nasty but I highly doubt it has the capability to maul several grown men like that video with no sign of stopping!
Old 12 September 2015, 09:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

From the video the people seem to be far to keen on attempting to pet them , offering thier front arms and HANDS !
including the original participant - goodness knows how he got on the floor/what hes on but he did everthing wrong subsequently.

A leopard wouldnt be playing with him like these are , he'd be straight for the jugular
Old 12 September 2015, 09:51 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

May be nasty but I highly doubt it has the capability to maul several grown men like that video with no sign of stopping!
If you ever met the thing maybe you would change your mind,i hate the ******* thing and I am a dog lover .......
Old 12 September 2015, 09:56 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

isnt the whole point of a guard dog ,not to train it !
Old 12 September 2015, 10:07 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
From the video the people seem to be far to keen on attempting to pet them , offering thier front arms and HANDS !
I was thinking exactly that. Why didn't anyone try to grab them and drag them away from the man with their collars, or weren't they wearing any?

Why didn't no one punch or baton them to temporarily disable them with pain? Is hitting a dog against the law in States, even when it's savaging a human?

......including the original participant - goodness knows how he got on the floor/what hes on but he did everthing wrong subsequently.

A leopard wouldnt be playing with him like these are , he'd be straight for the jugular
I'm not sure about this bit. By the look of the action in the vid, the dogs were hellbent to savage him. At one point when he's freed from their jaws, can you see that they're trying their best to get back to their target and finish him prim and proper? Horrendous and very disturbing.

Any owner is a criminal if he/she possesses a dog with such aggressive tendencies. No matter how trained, dogs can flip, and that's what happens when they do. If you want a dog like that, live in the sticks with a 'dangerous dog/s on site' plaque, not in some housing estate. Get your own family mauled by them unpredictable barbaric animals, if you insist, not other innocent people. This includes postman, milkman and courier guy, other visitors etc.
Old 12 September 2015, 10:07 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Agreed a leopard is an extreme example, but there are many breeds of dog that can do as much damage if they lose control. And however useless the owner might be it's ultimately the dog that does the deed.
I understand your concern and type of thinking,But!!!....I don't really think you are fully understanding the truth of the matter,do you agree that humans should have a more advanced learning/teaching ability then a dog,as a dog is an animal is it not?The problem will always be with the owner of the animal as with proper training you can teach your dog how to behave and what behavior that you expect from them,and you as the responsible owner also have to learn your dogs traits as training an animal is alot of give and take from the puppy period where 90% of the training should already be set in place.Plus another problem is owners purchasing dogs that they know nothing about or how to train in the first place,just using them as a fashion symbol or a badge of honor thinking it makes them look hard,like buying a pitball terror when they should just get a pussycat or better yet having no pet at all...SJ.
Old 12 September 2015, 10:20 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Why do people insist on giving animals human traits, such as love, affection, respect, obedience etc etc

they are fvcking animals

Fine, have pets, have dogs, have cats, have whatever you fvcking want

But they are animals - not humans

We have a cat - its called Delilah, we "love" it, we treat as part of the family, we talk to it, we indulge its ridiculous predilections - it only seems to like the most exotic and expensive foods

But it is a fvcking cat - not a human,

They don't "love" you

If you were a pile of steaming meat on the pavement they would eat you - "love" get fvcking real "sheeple"

Last edited by hodgy0_2; 12 September 2015 at 10:23 PM.
Old 12 September 2015, 10:24 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

I understand your concern and type of thinking,But!!!....I don't really think you are fully understanding the truth of the matter,do you agree that humans should have a more advanced learning/teaching ability then a dog,as a dog is an animal is it not?The problem will always be with the owner of the animal as with proper training you can teach your dog how to behave and what behavior that you expect from them,and you as the responsible owner also have to learn your dogs traits as training an animal is alot of give and take from the puppy period where 90% of the training should already be set in place.Plus another problem is owners purchasing dogs that they know nothing about or how to train in the first place,just using them as a fashion symbol or a badge of honor thinking it makes them look hard,like buying a pitball terror when they should just get a pussycat or better yet having no pet at all...SJ.

Teaching ability is not in doubt for a receptive human trained in teaching. Unfortunately the typical dog has an intelligence level similar to a 2 year old human, and we all know the limitations of training 2 year old children, however clever the tutor. Imagine a 2 year old child with the explosive power of a pitbull. Most of us would run for our lives every time little Henry lost his temper!
Old 12 September 2015, 10:43 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Teaching ability is not in doubt for a receptive human trained in teaching. Unfortunately the typical dog has an intelligence level similar to a 2 year old human, and we all know the limitations of training 2 year old children, however clever the tutor. Imagine a 2 year old child with the explosive power of a pitbull. Most of us would run for our lives every time little Henry lost his temper!
I like your styleBut I am talking from experience and know that these kind of attacks primarily is down to poor dog training/handerling etc....I read the story in the OP original post,the woman had an altercation with the man and she let her dogs go which then attacked the man,they where protecting there owner,Granted over the top but the owner legged it and left the dogs to go wild so yes I still blame the owner.SJ.

Quick Reply: Pitbulls... Here we go again.