Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

The US and guns

Search this Thread

Old 29 April 2016, 11:23 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No, on the flip side of that, you seem to believe any old ****e that CTers spout.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

I would post up the closed/open Youtube vid that has been put up , but I can't be bothered, you'd probably just dismiss it as propaganda
Old 29 April 2016, 11:34 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
No, on the flip side of that, you seem to believe any old ****e that CTers spout.

Occam's razor, the simplest explanation is usually the correct one.

I would post up the closed/open Youtube vid that has been put up , but I can't be bothered, you'd probably just dismiss it as propaganda
And what do you base your statement of "you seem to believe any old ****e that CTers spout." on exactly? A few lines of text that I have written in this thread? And you think that with that information you can make an accurate judgement that I am some nutter who believes anything anyone tells me?

You couldn't be further from the truth!

I choose to look at facts, not fallacies made up by individuals looking for attention, or those using various techniques to sway the minds of unsuspecting people.
Old 30 April 2016, 01:56 AM
Martin2005
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by DoZZa
And what do you base your statement of "you seem to believe any old ****e that CTers spout." on exactly? A few lines of text that I have written in this thread? And you think that with that information you can make an accurate judgement that I am some nutter who believes anything anyone tells me?

You couldn't be further from the truth!

I choose to look at facts, not fallacies made up by individuals looking for attention, or those using various techniques to sway the minds of unsuspecting people.
Well the answer is simple then; just share some of your 'facts'.
Old 30 April 2016, 07:29 AM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have various other sources, none of which I will be linking to on this forum! And I have various offline sources too. My previous job as a freelance security analyst, of which I pursued for 15 years, put me in contact with very interesting people over that period.

Big talk, but if you fall back on such comments to make your points, but decline to expand on your supposed collected intelligence, then you lose all credibility.
Old 30 April 2016, 11:39 AM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Why should I provide any of you with any sources of information that are not so easily accessible to the general public? Think I am going to hand it to you on a silver platter!

You guys are top level Internet browsers. If you want the information then you will need to look for it yourselves. But you ain't gonna find it using a normal web browser.

I'll give you a pointer, but that's it.

Learn about Onion and the TOR network. Get hold of a copy of Tails. I advise you to download Tails while connected to a proper VPN, if you download it on your ISP assigned IP address, then your ISP knows you have downloaded Tails. You will need to configure the VPN at the router, not some dodgy VPN software that you run on Windows or OSX. Once you have done that, run Tails in a VM or direct from a USB stick at boot.

Tails is a version of Linux that has pretty much everything you need to securely access TOR. It's good for begginers to learn about Onion and TOR. If you find yourself interested further after trying Tails, you might want to look at using others more secure ways of accessing TOR.

This scratches the surface. If you want real protection when searching for the information then you will have to learn about fingerprinting. It's a technology used by various government agencies and hackers to intercept your data no matter where your data is coming from, VPN or no VPN.

As I said, I can't and will not link to this type of information on a public forum!

I've given you the information you need to find it yourselves.

I don't need to prove my credibility to anyone!

Good luck!
Old 30 April 2016, 12:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Shan't
Old 30 April 2016, 12:32 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Why should I provide any of you with any sources of information that are not so easily accessible to the general public? Think I am going to hand it to you on a silver platter!

You guys are top level Internet browsers. If you want the information then you will need to look for it yourselves. But you ain't gonna find it using a normal web browser.

Learn about Onion and the TOR network. Get hold of a copy of Tails. I advise you to download Tails while connected to a proper VPN, if you download it on your ISP assigned IP address, then your ISP knows you have downloaded Tails. You will need to configure the VPN at the router, not some dodgy VPN software that you run on Windows or OSX. Once you have done that, run Tails in a VM or direct from a USB stick at boot.

Tails is a version of Linux that has pretty much everything you need to securely access TOR. It's good for begginers to learn about Onion and TOR. If you find yourself interested further after trying Tails, you might want to look at using others more secure ways of accessing TOR.

This scratches the surface. If you want real protection when searching for the information then you will have to learn about fingerprinting. It's a technology used by various government agencies and hackers to intercept your data no matter where your data is coming from, VPN or no VPN.

As I said, I can't and will not link to this type of information on a public forum!

Good luck!

You claim you don't need to prove your credibility but here you are trying to do just that with a load of gobbledegook that is presumably supposed to impress. You sound a bit of a Walt to me, so failed again!
Old 30 April 2016, 01:29 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Do you believe everything the mainstream media and government tell you?
It's common sense to take anything the media/government tell you with a pinch of salt (unless of course you can corroborate it). They ultimately have a vested interest in you believing what they say.

Originally Posted by Paben
You claim you don't need to prove your credibility but here you are trying to do just that with a load of gobbledegook that is presumably supposed to impress. You sound a bit of a Walt to me, so failed again!
It's hardly gobbledygook, although it doesn't actually prove anything. It just shows he has an understanding of the dark web.
Old 30 April 2016, 01:33 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by neil-h
It's common sense to take anything the media/government tell you with a pinch of salt (unless of course you can corroborate it). They ultimately have a vested interest in you believing what they say.

It's hardly gobbledygook, although it doesn't actually prove anything. It just shows he has an understanding of the dark web.

Oo dark web, scary. And it's goobledegook to me!
Old 30 April 2016, 01:37 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Oo dark web, scary. And it's goobledegook to me!
Calm down dear

Question is, why should anyone give anymore credence to what they read on the dark web than anything they read anywhere else.
Old 30 April 2016, 01:49 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Calm down dear

Question is, why should anyone give anymore credence to what they read on the dark web than anything they read anywhere else.

Probably too late, I might need therapy now.

You're quite right, why hide 'the truth' where it is all but inaccessable?
Old 30 April 2016, 01:53 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Calm down dear

That's a valid point. While there are issues with some of the validity of such information, it really depends on the original source.

But yes, there are times when false information is apparent on TOR.

@ Paben, what I have written is not meant to impress you or anyone else. I just gave you the tools you need to start learning but from your response, it's quite clear that you lack the intelligence to even begin. So I'd stick to YouTube if I was you !!

So I deduce that it's you who is indeed the one that has failed!
Old 30 April 2016, 02:42 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

That's a valid point. While there are issues with some of the validity of such information, it really depends on the original source.

But yes, there are times when false information is apparent on TOR.

@ Paben, what I have written is not meant to impress you or anyone else. I just gave you the tools you need to start learning but from your response, it's quite clear that you lack the intelligence to even begin. So I'd stick to YouTube if I was you !!

So I deduce that it's you who is indeed the one that has failed!

Well I'm glad it's not meant to impress me because you've succeeded there at least. And I might be unintelligent but I'm bright enough to recognise a pseud like you when I encounter one. And it's 'if I were you'.
Old 30 April 2016, 04:05 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Well I'm glad it's not meant to impress me because you've succeeded there at least. And I might be unintelligent but I'm bright enough to recognise a pseud like you when I encounter one. And it's 'if I were you'.
Is that's all you've got. Lol. Have a nice life. Bye!
Old 30 April 2016, 04:36 PM
warrenm2
Scooby Regular

As Neil-h pointed out, the info he posted is valid. You have said you dont understand it. Thats fine, it just demonstrates peoples knowledge level of a particular subject. But your assessment is based on your ignorance, not a great recipe for good decision making!
Old 30 April 2016, 04:46 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

So you also believe those sandy hook victims are all alive an well
Old 30 April 2016, 05:37 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Good luck!
Ah ok, TOR, home of criminals and people who are so afraid (read paranoid) that they hide on there. I agree that media and governments have an agenda, but so do people on TOR.

Fortunately there is a lot of data on the internet that is reliable so you don't have to resort to crackpot areas likethat
Old 30 April 2016, 07:03 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
As Neil-h pointed out, the info he posted is valid. You have said you dont understand it. Thats fine, it just demonstrates peoples knowledge level of a particular subject. But your assessment is based on your ignorance, not a great recipe for good decision making!

What you are saying is that unless you visit the dark web you cannot hold a valid opinion on any subject. Do you believe that to be true?
Old 30 April 2016, 07:48 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
So you also believe those sandy hook victims are all alive an well
To be totally honest, I have not studied the validitity Sandy Hook. I simply used it as an example as it's a well known event.

My interests do not lay in American gun law politics so I don't waste my time with it. I briefly studied the whole affair when it all kicked off, and found that there is indeed a hidden agenda. But to what depths I do not know.
Old 30 April 2016, 07:50 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Geezer
Ah ok, TOR, home of criminals and people who are so afraid (read paranoid) that they hide on there. I agree that media and governments have an agenda, but so do people on TOR.

Fortunately there is a lot of data on the internet that is reliable so you don't have to resort to crackpot areas likethat
They are paranoid for good reason my uneducated friend. How long do you think some of the individuals would be alive for if their true identity was known?
Old 30 April 2016, 07:51 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by warrenm2
Finally someone who speaks some sense!
Old 30 April 2016, 08:07 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

What you are saying is that unless you visit the dark web you cannot hold a valid opinion on any subject. Do you believe that to be true?
When I refer to information, I am talking more about areas where information is available in a real time basis. Not permanently written like a webpage.

In the old days, many individuals used to use IRC as a way of sharing sensitive or privileged information. However, IRC is no longer a secure environment for such operations.

And not just anyone can access these sources. You'd need to demonstrate either your abilities or intent as to what you will do with the information provided to you.

I'm saying no more on the subject. I've given you the tools and the information you require to pursue things further. If you choose to ignore them that's fine, but don't respond with meaningless insults of which you think are clever. They really aren't and your looking more and more like a fool.

As for your most recent statement, no, of course you don't have to use TOR to have an opinion on a subject. But as there are a lot of morons out there spreading lies, it's easy for your opinion to be factually incorrect due to being feed this information.
Old 30 April 2016, 08:54 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

When I refer to information, I am talking more about areas where information is available in a real time basis. Not permanently written like a webpage.

In the old days, many individuals used to use IRC as a way of sharing sensitive or privileged information. However, IRC is no longer a secure environment for such operations.

And not just anyone can access these sources. You'd need to demonstrate either your abilities or intent as to what you will do with the information provided to you.

I'm saying no more on the subject. I've given you the tools and the information you require to pursue things further. If you choose to ignore them that's fine, but don't respond with meaningless insults of which you think are clever. They really aren't and your looking more and more like a fool.

As for your most recent statement, no, of course you don't have to use TOR to have an opinion on a subject. But as there are a lot of morons out there spreading lies, it's easy for your opinion to be factually incorrect due to being feed this information.

If you're going to insult my intelligence try using decent English. Perhaps you should stick to simple words and sentences, that might help.
Old 30 April 2016, 09:07 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

jeez . I suppose everybody needs a hobby
Old 30 April 2016, 10:57 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

If you're going to insult my intelligence try using decent English. Perhaps you should stick to simple words and sentences, that might help.

You are a complete and utter idiot. All you have to come back with is ridiculous comments about the use of the English language.

And in this case you've called it all wrong. Where are the English mistakes in the post you have quoted? Thats right, NONE, ZERO, NADA!!!

Ive been around long enough to know that when someone starts using grammar and spelling as a form of insult, they really have nothing else of use to add. But your different, as I have never seen someone use such tactics when there are no issues with the grammar or the English!

Old 30 April 2016, 11:13 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
jeez . I suppose everybody needs a hobby
Scoobynet can be a hobby to some people! Look at you and me. We're not here for money, are we?
Old 30 April 2016, 11:16 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

You are a complete and utter idiot. All you have to come back with is ridiculous comments about the use of the English language.

And in this case you've called it all wrong. Where are the English mistakes in the post you have quoted? Thats right, NONE, ZERO, NADA!!!

Ive been around long enough to know that when someone starts using grammar and spelling as a form of insult, they really have nothing else of use to add. But your different, as I have never seen someone use such tactics when there are no issues with the grammar or the English!

Well, I can't be bothered to go over your earlier tripe, but here are some examples from your latest rant: 'Thats right' should be 'That's right': 'Ive been around' should be 'I've been around': and 'But your different' should be 'But you're different'. It's a pretty poor effort really, and I'm a complete and utter idiot. What does that make you?
Old 30 April 2016, 11:22 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Well, I can't be bothered to go over your earlier tripe, but here are some examples from your latest rant: 'Thats right' should be 'That's right': 'Ive been around' should be 'I've been around': and 'But your different' should be 'But you're different'. It's a pretty poor effort really, and I'm a complete and utter idiot. What does that make you?
Keep it coming dude, keep it coming. You are keeping me entertained while I wait something more interesting to pop up on my radar!

Why don't you use some of your energy on something more meaningful, like, well, I don't know, not being such a moron.

Try that and report back in your next meaningless post.
Old 30 April 2016, 11:35 PM
Paben
Scooby Regular

Keep it coming dude, keep it coming. You are keeping me entertained while I wait something more interesting to pop up on my radar!

Why don't you use some of your energy on something more meaningful, like, well, I don't know, not being such a moron.

Try that and report back in your next meaningless post.

Fair enough, if I try not to be so moronic will you promise to improve your syntax and spelling? It's for your own good
Old 30 April 2016, 11:49 PM
DoZZa
Scooby Regular

Fair enough, if I try not to be so moronic will you promise to improve your syntax and spelling? It's for your own good
If that will put this silly little saga to bed, then yes, I promise to try harder!

Quick Reply: The US and guns