Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

Well, that was nice...NOT!

Search this Thread

Old 25 July 2015, 05:49 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Well, that was nice...NOT!

Worked on the house al day yesterday, stopped for a meal and went back to it.

I started to feel a bit queasy, but put it down to bending and squattting with a full tum.

However, 21:30 saw me rushing to the loo and bringing up most of my tea. Went back downstairs and had to rush back for another go. Then another twenty minutes later, by which time I was sweating like a good'un, yet shuddering with cold, and had a banging headache.

It got worse: each subsequent visit to be sick saw me also squirting it out of the other end So I'm kneeling over the loo with my @rse packed with paper towels.

I ended up lying on the floor in the bathroom, utterly spent, shuddering with cold, yet covered in sweat.

I finally got to bed after midnight, complete with bucket, which wife had to empty for me three more times.

By 5am, it's all over, but I feel weak and trembly...probably lack of food.

Something I ate? (wife had the same with no ill effects). Or gastric flu?

Funnily enough, (well, not really funny), wife had this amongst her staff last week of term...I came down with it 30 hours after she arrived.........
Old 25 July 2015, 05:55 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say that you could be pregnant until I read about the other end. It must be some sort of bug, by the read of your post.

Get well soon.
Old 25 July 2015, 05:59 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You have Ebola and ...

Old 25 July 2015, 06:01 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by 53
You have Ebola and ...

We do care, Alcazar. 53 is only jesting. Take no notice.
Old 25 July 2015, 06:03 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

+ possible food poisoning.

I had something similar , without the squirting, a week ago

Mine was 24-48 hours after swimming in the sea

Last edited by dpb; 25 July 2015 at 06:31 PM.
Old 25 July 2015, 06:08 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Rectal Aids and you're going to **** yourself to death and still ...

Old 25 July 2015, 06:10 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Bitten by a hornet ?
Old 25 July 2015, 06:29 PM
Matteeboy
Scooby Regular

Sounds like a bug; drink gallons of water.
Old 25 July 2015, 06:32 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dpb
+ possible food poisoning.

I had something similar , without the squirting, a week ago

I have had proper food poisoning and it doesn't last an evening. It lasts for a couple of weeks and you can't eat anything and your weight just shreds off. When I had it I think all I could stomach was two yoghurts a day which isn't the best but it was all I could manage
Old 25 July 2015, 07:33 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Me too. Had food poisoning once, week of awful times, ended with a grumbling appendix.

I think this was a bug. I'm OK now but still feel a bit frail.
Old 25 July 2015, 07:49 PM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Nope it was a mild dose of food poisoning, I get it like that that, and as soon as the offending article hits my guts it makes it's way back out, I like to think it's my body being good to me, all my symptoms are exactly the same as yours, sick as a pig, headache and cold sweats. Happened to me on the way to Den haag ferry once, me and the lad I was with ate the same food, 20 mins later I was puking my ring out the window of the car, didn't hit him for 2/3hrs by the time it hit him it was all over for me, he spent the night in the toilet in our cabin and I slept like a baby.

Good hand hygiene is essential, you probably got it off your wife and were more sensitive due to lack of exposure, where as she had already been exposed to it.
Old 25 July 2015, 08:11 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

What are you suggesting , revenge ?

Attempt on the life insurance ?
Old 25 July 2015, 10:44 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 18 April 2016 at 08:40 PM.
Old 26 July 2015, 11:18 AM
ditchmyster
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

P.S Drink a bottle of coca cola, and eat cheese and tomato sandwich, that combo will rehydrate you and settle your stomach.
Old 26 July 2015, 12:03 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

An all inclusive holiday in Egypt usually guarantees you'll spend at least 24hours suffering from this. Especially on a "Nile Cruise"...should be called a "E.Coli cruise", nausia, projectile vomiting, squits, cold shivers and fever...everyone was affected apart from an old guy that regularly took swigs of whisky from his hip-flask (or maybe it was TCP ). Some Antinal (Nifuroxazide) tablets sorted it out pretty quick - can't get it in the UK AFAIK.

Last time I was nearly that bad was when I think I had a dodgy pint of bitter/sandwich at lunch time the once, I don't know if was an infected glass or barrel dregs (they changed the barrel after my pint) or the sarnie, but bloody hell - got home feeling fine, had some food, had a bath ready to go out for the evening, Got out the bath feeling queasy...I had to crawl into bed on my hands and knees. Cold shivers, spinny room syndrome. Felt like I had 10 pints not 1, the pukes followed with me crashing through doorways to get to the toilet in time and staying there driving the porcerlain bus for an hour or so, then having to turn round quick for it come out the other end, crawl back to bed on hands and knees exhausted only to have to repeat it all over again....

Next morning woke up as right as rain?

Last edited by ALi-B; 26 July 2015 at 12:05 PM.
Old 26 July 2015, 12:09 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

I like to think I'm usually pretty immune to dodgy food/drink; Dodgy seafood usually results in my gut ejecting it from my **** ASAP with no other symptoms and I'll be fine straight afterwards. I like to think my body has a "dump load if contents are dodgy" function.
Old 26 July 2015, 01:23 PM
hodgy0_2
Scooby Regular

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

we had the norovirus rip through the marquee and our wedding reception

one side were fine, the other decimated

one friend took 2 days to get home on his motorbike (the wedding was in Cornwall)

several people missed flights

H&S executive got involved too (they took a stool sample from my best man, we still have the letter in our wedding file)

eventually traced to an ill baby

ahh good times
Old 26 July 2015, 01:36 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Personally, I've never been sick with dodgy food, overeating or with tummy bugs. Well I must have been, but having no memory of it may mean I've hardly been sick due to such reasons. My sickest time was when I conceived my daughter. Five awful months of chundering and feeling to chunder at the sight and smell of the most unquestionable things!

Actually, I've just remembered that when I was 4, my father was posted in a quiet town with some extraordinarily chivalrous history, ancient fort to it etc. I was hard as nails whenever he drove his jeep with us as his passengers in it, up to the fort on some seriously causing twisties; like Monaco ones. One day, I was on a swing in a park on the lower grounds, not on the mighty fort. Whenever I took a break, I would stuff my greedy little mouth with raw peanuts, fresh from someone's farm who my mum and dad knew. I used to love them! Anyway, this overeating made me unexpectedly sickly, it gave me the most horrendous nausea like feeling in my chest! The forceful momentum (I loved swinging hard, like Tarzan!) of the swing made it far worse! I had to come off the swing and let the unnecessary amount automatically chunder out of my mouth. My parents got the doctor out, but I knew that my greed caused that. I also realised that I wasn't exactly a monkey to overdo with raw peanuts.

Since then, I don't go on the playground swings and sickly rides, and never eat raw peanuts fresh from the farm.

Last edited by Turbohot; 26 July 2015 at 01:38 PM.