Notices
Non Scooby Related Anything Non-Scooby related

No broadband for almost two weeks.

Search this Thread

Old 06 March 2015, 04:51 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face No broadband for almost two weeks.

Broadband and home phone stopped working 22nd of Feb. Reported it to Talktalk and received a text saying I would get an update in 24 hours. Folowing day got a text saying the same. Following day got a text saying update in 72 hours. I phoned them and was told I had a fault (like I didn`t know) and it was in the hands of BT Openreach. Spoke to talktalk on 3rd of March and told it would be back on by the end of the day. It wasn`t. I just spent another 15 minutes on the phone, mainly put on hold, so i`m shouting "hello! hello!" to silence. I eventually hung up feeling like thats what they wanted me to do anyway. Toatally frustrated!! and it looks like it`s going to be another weekend without a connection.
Old 06 March 2015, 05:08 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

In my experience TalkTalk is very incompetent service provider. With the rep they have, I can't believe that they still have money to sponsor XFactor and stuff like that. I left them eventually, and now I'm with Sky.
Old 06 March 2015, 05:12 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

PS: I don't think TalkTalk and BT work well with each other. I had such issues as well when one was blaming the other, and then that 'other' one bounced me back to the one who sent me to them at first place. Games these companies play! I got too fed up and ended up leaving both of them. Terrible alliance they have, in my experience.
Old 06 March 2015, 05:16 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Talk Talk were a joke when I was with them,the best thing I did was to cancel my contract, with sky now and all is well ........
Old 06 March 2015, 05:17 PM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Turbohot
In my experience TalkTalk is very incompetent service provider. With the rep they have, I can't believe that they still have money to sponsor XFactor and stuff like that. I left them eventually, and now I'm with Sky.
I've been with Talk Talk (business) for years now and can't fault them one bit, infact they are one of the better ones I've actually been with!
Old 06 March 2015, 05:19 PM
Dirk Diggler 75
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by RA Dunk
I've been with Talk Talk (business) for years now and can't fault them one bit, infact they are one of the better ones I've actually been with!
Your the lucky one ......
Old 06 March 2015, 05:21 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Never heard that from any past TalkTalk customer in Wales and even in England, whether business or pleasure. I say past, because each and every of the victims I know have ended up leaving them. Perhaps TalkTalk have more masts in Scotland.
Old 06 March 2015, 05:44 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

I`m wondering if talktalk use the original BT cables for home phone and internet am I going to get the same problem with another provider? Last Friday there were two BT vans and three men armed with a huge cable reel at the bottom of my street, so if they were actually replacing an old cable wtf have they been doing all this week?
Old 06 March 2015, 05:54 PM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by wayne9t9
I`m wondering if talktalk use the original BT cables for home phone and internet am I going to get the same problem with another provider? Last Friday there were two BT vans and three men armed with a huge cable reel at the bottom of my street, so if they were actually replacing an old cable wtf have they been doing all this week?

Yes...if its not virgin...pretty much all the dometstic infrastructure will be maintained by Openreach. The fact you have no voice phone suggest its a phsyical line problem, so regardless of provider you are screwed until Openreach fix it (or one of their subbies like Kelly).

Last edited by ALi-B; 06 March 2015 at 06:08 PM.
Old 06 March 2015, 06:17 PM
andy97
Scooby Regular

Location: Api 500+bhp MD321T @91dB Probably SN's longest owner of an Impreza Turbo
Received 118 Likes on 103 Posts

I was with talk talk years ago I then moved to virgin which were Ok, but when virgin sold our account to talk talk I immediately switched back to BT on their basic tariff. Sat here waiting for bt to go live this weekend.
Old 06 March 2015, 06:24 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My Father used to be with TalkTalk until about 3 years ago when he decided to leave. He said that their customer service was the worse he's ever experienced.

By the way, I was without internet for 4 months and 12 days at my new build property on my farm.
Old 06 March 2015, 06:48 PM
Turbohot
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by LSherratt
My Father used to be with TalkTalk until about 3 years ago when he decided to leave. He said that their customer service was the worse he's ever experienced.

By the way, I was without internet for 4 months and 12 days at my new build property on my farm.
If I had a newly built stunning farm house like yours, I'd sack my internet and just go for walks on the farm and enjoy the inside of my house! Mind you, if you're living in sticks, novelty wears off soon, it does get boring after a while, and you'd surely want to connect with the outer world from there. More so for your business, I understand; not just to log on to Scoobynet to connect with the invisible people that you'll never ever meet.

Glad it's all sorted for you now.
Old 06 March 2015, 07:04 PM
stipete75
Scooby Regular

Got fibre optic with talk talk, constant 38mg speed, no problems here either.
Old 06 March 2015, 07:07 PM
zip106
Scooby Regular

Talk$hite ballsed up my phone/Internet when I was with them.

They have to be THE worst company I've ever had to deal with. Ever. (And I told them that enough times)

They lie, lots.
Tell you one thing and do another (or not)

Better off cutting your loses and telling them to get fcuked.
Old 06 March 2015, 08:33 PM
markjmd
Scooby Regular

Received 70 Likes on 50 Posts

PS: I don't think TalkTalk and BT work well with each other. I had such issues as well when one was blaming the other, and then that 'other' one bounced me back to the one who sent me to them at first place. Games these companies play! I got too fed up and ended up leaving both of them. Terrible alliance they have, in my experience.
^This. TalkTalk are normally fine (and usually very competitively priced) until something goes wrong, but because of the way their technology is hooked into the BT part of the system, and because their relationship with one another is one of grudging tolerance (they're effectively the only two players in the broadband over copper marketplace, and therefore bitter rivals), if something does go wrong it's often a massive ****ache for the end-customer getting it fixed. Add to that the fact Talktalk's margins are extremely low due to constantly trying to undercut the competition, and you have a recipe for the perfect ****storm of customer service hell.

Not sure on the most effective strategy to cut through their BS as I've never had to deal with them personally, but speaking to the Customer Service department at head-office or trying to get contact details for someone high-up would probably would be a good move.
Old 06 March 2015, 10:14 PM
LSherratt
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had a newly built stunning farm house like yours, I'd sack my internet and just go for walks on the farm and enjoy the inside of my house! Mind you, if you're living in sticks, novelty wears off soon, it does get boring after a while, and you'd surely want to connect with the outer world from there. More so for your business, I understand; not just to log on to Scoobynet to connect with the invisible people that you'll never ever meet.

Glad it's all sorted for you now.
Thank you . It's not too bad though. Only an 8 minute drive down the country road to the local town and 15-20 minutes to the city of Gloucester. Lots to explore round here .
Old 06 March 2015, 10:51 PM
CREWJ
Scooby Regular

Had loads of trouble with TalkTalk. Then had trouble with Sky after they bought out O2, they were great before the takeover. Now I'm with BT everything seems fine.
Old 06 March 2015, 11:38 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

I have had no electricity for 3 days in winter and that was bad, a fault took my whole street off the grid with no warning. You couldn't charge a phone use a laptop or watch tv and due to winter months it was pitch black very early.

I found myself in bed at 8pm as there was bollox all to do

I wouldn't care if my home phone went off as it's mainly cold callers and the internet I could always tether my laptop off my phone and for the whole family so ok there
Old 07 March 2015, 07:38 AM
RA Dunk
Scooby Regular

It's actually surprising just how hooked we have become to "the net" I would be lost without it nowadays.
Old 07 March 2015, 05:02 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

True, its not just my laptop its the iPlayer catchup sevices and PS4 thats really annoying. Might try and call them again, all I really would like is a firm date. I don`t hold out much hope though.
Old 07 March 2015, 09:42 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

It's actually surprising just how hooked we have become to "the net" I would be lost without it nowadays.

If I moved house I think getting the internet on would be the most important thing bar furniture and electric
Old 08 March 2015, 12:51 AM
ALi-B
Support Scoobynet!

Received 301 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by stevebt
If I moved house I think getting the internet on would be the most important thing bar furniture and electric
Yep...I pre-wired the house in cat 6 and RG6 ready for the Virgin man to hook up...before I moved in.

Shower doesn't work amongst a lot of other stuff...but hey ho, I have internet
Old 08 March 2015, 05:46 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Old 11 March 2015, 02:05 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

if talk talk reported it to openreach, then openreach have to rectify the fault within 5 working days (so I was told recently by sky) I would be surprised if talk talk couldn't identify the fault straight away using a line checker. I know sky can as they recently did it for me (upgraded to fibre, and the Kelly engineer subcontracted by openreach forgot to connect my line the muppet), sky told me exactly where the fault was, and luckily within 2 days it was resolved
Old 11 March 2015, 05:01 PM
wayne9t9
Scooby Regular

Just got off the phone with "Peter", he put me on hold for about ten minutes while he was in a chat service with BT. He came back and told me about cables being replaced to repair a blockage, (something I witnessed the previous week at the end of my street). I was then told the service would be working by the sixteenth. I asked Peter for to send a transcript of the chat to my email, he became quite uppity and told me I was saying I didn`t trust him. I explained it was simply for my records but he wasn`t having it. I`ve been assured I will get compensation for the lack of service, i`m hoping for a Caribbean cruise but I don`t think i`ll get that either.