Notices
Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

08/09 Hatches, Stand up and show yourselves!!!

Search this Thread

Old 31 October 2014, 08:09 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Received 42 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by scoobyJim2
Could maybe get a few grands worth of finance,wouldn't want too much debt! 10k won't get me an A45 unfortunately
I actually think the CLA mercedes is nice,if not nicer than the A45

cheap borrowing at 3.9%
http://www.hsbc.co.uk/1/2/loans/personal-loan

£15k over 60months.. £275pm

thats really good
Old 31 October 2014, 09:30 AM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What turbo is on the Cosworth hatch? And why is the torque not a lot higher than the bhp?
Old 31 October 2014, 04:41 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by salsa-king
cheap borrowing at 3.9%

thats really good

APR depends on the applicant though and how there credit score is. Never done the whole finance thing so don't know the ins and outs. my girlfriend has and that's what she was told
Old 31 October 2014, 04:42 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by clyne 08
What turbo is on the Cosworth hatch? And why is the torque not a lot higher than the bhp?
Made by owen developments, think its a std position GT30 if I'm not mistaken. I know its not rotated or clocked.
Old 31 October 2014, 05:02 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

cheap borrowing at 3.9%

thats really good
Sounds really good deal if accepted at that rate. Don't really want 5yrs worth off debt though,but is tempting
Old 31 October 2014, 05:34 PM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vulnax999
Think it's a std STi cat.
The 330S comes with the PPP ( prodrive performance pack - back box, ECU exchange / map ) as std ... I put a sports cat on mine as my mapper considers it limiting the power .. due to flow/back pressure I guess.
Cheers vulnax, I'm currently on the standard 330S exhaust but decatted. Looking at exhaust options and want a cat on ideally. I was hoping the std cat would be ok with a cat back exhaust (miltek or H&S) but if it's restrictive looks like I'll need to splash out on sport cat too. Thanks again
Old 31 October 2014, 05:52 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by rob84
APR depends on the applicant though and how there credit score is. Never done the whole finance thing so don't know the ins and outs. my girlfriend has and that's what she was told
you've never done the finance thing!!! that means you won't see the 3.9% then
Old 31 October 2014, 06:04 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

you've never done the finance thing!!! that means you won't see the 3.9% then
No never always bought outright, I don't posses a credit card anymore either after I ended up, up to my neck in it thanks to a previous EX.. If I cant afford it I don't buy it.
Old 31 October 2014, 09:51 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

: don't know where I'm going wrong.

How do you save that kind of money?
Old 31 October 2014, 10:14 PM
vulnax999
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Benji554
Cheers vulnax, I'm currently on the standard 330S exhaust but decatted. Looking at exhaust options and want a cat on ideally. I was hoping the std cat would be ok with a cat back exhaust (miltek or H&S) but if it's restrictive looks like I'll need to splash out on sport cat too. Thanks again
I think I was told that with the std cat it will limit power ( even with exhaust, air filter or CAIK ) to around 340-350ish bhp.

The H&S sports cat downpipe ( expensive, was around £600 !!!! ) in 3" works fine at my current 490+ bhp / lb ft.

Forged internals, bigger turbo, injectors etc. all the extras!

It's always best to work out what is limiting the performance - and improve that, rather than go "scoobynet shopping" as I did on the classic!

Last edited by vulnax999; 31 October 2014 at 11:19 PM.
Old 31 October 2014, 10:30 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

: don't know where I'm going wrong.

How do you save that kind of money?
When I left school I went to work for as a trainee engineer in the agriculture sector then foot and mouth struck our business went ballistic with work. 7 days a week up to 18 hours a day for over 12 months. I was earning cash like no tomorrow and didn't have the time to spend it. so stashed it all away and put it into investments with some guidance. I pull off the interest at the end of each 3 year term and have a spending spree. bit hit and miss but easy money. That's how. I bought my first sti when I was 21 bought outright I looked like a child. the guy selling says we'll have to sort finance figures for you and take a deposit before we can go any further. I said I never mentioned finance I'm paying for it now. He was a bit hot under the collar
Old 31 October 2014, 10:43 PM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Made by owen developments, think its a std position GT30 if I'm not mistaken. I know its not rotated or clocked.
I spoke to Owen earlier this year and they told me it was a rotated GT30.
Old 31 October 2014, 10:54 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
I spoke to Owen earlier this year and they told me it was a rotated GT30.
Its probably rotated back to std position. as it takes its intake under the manifold not angled out to the wing
Old 01 November 2014, 12:14 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

When I left school I went to work for as a trainee engineer in the agriculture sector then foot and mouth struck our business went ballistic with work. 7 days a week up to 18 hours a day for over 12 months. I was earning cash like no tomorrow and didn't have the time to spend it. so stashed it all away and put it into investments with some guidance. I pull off the interest at the end of each 3 year term and have a spending spree. bit hit and miss but easy money. That's how. I bought my first sti when I was 21 bought outright I looked like a child. the guy selling says we'll have to sort finance figures for you and take a deposit before we can go any further. I said I never mentioned finance I'm paying for it now. He was a bit hot under the collar
You bought a STi at 21... I bought a house (mortaged tho).. still have it 18yrs on.. but now owe a shed load more on it lol

I hope you asked for discount for cash
Old 01 November 2014, 12:33 AM
Benji554
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by vulnax999
I think I was told that with the std cat it will limit power ( even with exhaust, air filter or CAIK ) to around 340-350ish bhp.

The H&S sports cat downpipe ( expensive, was around £600 !!!! ) in 3" works fine at my current 490+ bhp / lb ft.

Forged internals, bigger turbo, injectors etc. all the extras!

It's always best to work out what is limiting the performance - and improve that, rather than go "scoobynet shopping" as I did on the classic!
Ok thanks for the info. I have the forged internals and an Owens billet 20g looking to take it to the next level with exhaust and CAIK. H&S sport cat sounds reasonable! I think the miltek one is closer to 800. Cheers bud
Old 01 November 2014, 01:01 AM
rob84
Scooby Regular

You bought a STi at 21... I bought a house (mortaged tho).. still have it 18yrs on.. but now owe a shed load more on it lol

I hope you asked for discount for cash
Yep it was a Birthday present to me, Traded a Peugeot 206XSI in. got a good deal so couldn't complain. The this one I bought when I was 24 & still have it. Wasn't into houses back then, I was happy to reside with Mum & dad as it was free lodgings lol.... I bloody should have though as they were allot cheaper than the one we have now. Mortgage is a different kettle of fish as you don't really see much in depreciation like cars do That's for sure
Old 01 November 2014, 01:55 AM
thenewgalaxy
Scooby Regular

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Yep it was a Birthday present to me, Traded a Peugeot 206XSI in. got a good deal so couldn't complain. The this one I bought when I was 24 & still have it. Wasn't into houses back then, I was happy to reside with Mum & dad as it was free lodgings lol.... I bloody should have though as they were allot cheaper than the one we have now. Mortgage is a different kettle of fish as you don't really see much in depreciation like cars do That's for sure
Running a house is more expensive than running two Subarus. Or at least that's what I've found so far!
Old 01 November 2014, 04:09 AM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

No never always bought outright, I don't posses a credit card anymore either after I ended up, up to my neck in it thanks to a previous EX.. If I cant afford it I don't buy it.
Not keen on finance either. When I was 24 i borrowed 10k and had to pay back £240 for 48months £11500 in total. I bought car for 10k,smashed it up after 8months,got paid 9k insurance. Squandered 6k plus my wages in about 9months leaving me with 3k for another car and 4yrs debt at £240 a month and only a 3 grand motor lol
Old 01 November 2014, 09:58 AM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

^^^
well that was a muppet thing to do! lol
Old 01 November 2014, 10:14 AM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Its probably rotated back to std position. as it takes its intake under the manifold not angled out to the wing
A decent cosworth engine bay photo would solve this one
Old 01 November 2014, 01:13 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by thenewgalaxy
Running a house is more expensive than running two Subarus. Or at least that's what I've found so far!
Ours isn't too bad although its not that big to be honest, Garden needs an overhaul and is going to need a Digger to solve so that's going to be a dear doo
Old 01 November 2014, 01:14 PM
rob84
Scooby Regular

A decent cosworth engine bay photo would solve this one
Old 01 November 2014, 02:02 PM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Like you say Rob, intake is under the manifold.
I didn't know they ran the standard top mount either, I haven't researched them but I just presumed they would have the Cosworth FMIC.
Old 01 November 2014, 02:45 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

I've just dropped my Hatchback STi off for quite a few jobs including a fully forged CDB engine rebuild being done by AS Performance, a custom F1 core TMIC being made by AH Fabrications, the fitment of quite a few remaining modifications, front and rear bumpers are being repainted, paintwork detail plus brand new Prodrive GT2 wheels being redone in gloss black.

I wish I could remember the full extent of the modifications myself, this has been the plan since I purchased the car from Chris @ CDF Racing - get some use over the summer and then get nearly everything done over the winter months.

I just hope the smile on my face when I pick it up is greater than the dent in my wallet after it's all finished.
Old 01 November 2014, 04:21 PM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I've just dropped my Hatchback STi off for quite a few jobs including a fully forged CDB engine rebuild being done by AS Performance, a custom F1 core TMIC being made by AH Fabrications, the fitment of quite a few remaining modifications, front and rear bumpers are being repainted, paintwork detail plus brand new Prodrive GT2 wheels being redone in gloss black.

I wish I could remember the full extent of the modifications myself, this has been the plan since I purchased the car from Chris @ CDF Racing - get some use over the summer and then get nearly everything done over the winter months.

I just hope the smile on my face when I pick it up is greater than the dent in my wallet after it's all finished.
Looking forward to seeing some pic's, sounds like you will have a well sorted hatch when it's done.
Old 01 November 2014, 05:55 PM
scoobyJim2
Scooby Regular

^^^
well that was a muppet thing to do! lol
It was so easy to do! The money was burning a hole in my pocket at that age
Old 01 November 2014, 06:29 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

Looking forward to seeing some pic's, sounds like you will have a well sorted hatch when it's done.
Hopefully, I have to say that the car is pretty good as it stands but even though the engine pulls well and is on over 80,000 miles there is always that nagging doubt about if or when it might fail.

I am still undecided on whether to take full advantage of the engine from the off and fit an uprated turbocharger and fuel injectors etc, or whether to get some use out of it first and then look at further modifications later.
Old 01 November 2014, 07:20 PM
clyne 08
Scooby Regular

Hopefully, I have to say that the car is pretty good as it stands but even though the engine pulls well and is on over 80,000 miles there is always that nagging doubt about if or when it might fail.

I am still undecided on whether to take full advantage of the engine from the off and fit an uprated turbocharger and fuel injectors etc, or whether to get some use out of it first and then look at further modifications later.
That depends on what you want out of it and how much money you have lol.. Not sure of your spec at the moment? But putting a billet wheel in your turbo together with a nice exhaust system and panel filter would give you a good kick up the **** after a remap, for not too much money. But I guess since your going cdb you are looking for over 400hp?
Old 01 November 2014, 09:17 PM
salsa-king
Scooby Senior

your car has 80k on the clock and it's still going strong.. and you're still worried about it going pop!!
Why not wait till it does then get the work done?
Old 01 November 2014, 09:22 PM
Cannon Fodder
Scooby Regular

That depends on what you want out of it and how much money you have lol.. Not sure of your spec at the moment? But putting a billet wheel in your turbo together with a nice exhaust system and panel filter would give you a good kick up the **** after a remap, for not too much money. But I guess since your going cdb you are looking for over 400hp?
Well it's a weekend / fair weather car at the moment, I went for a CDB conversion just for safety and future proofing.

I've had a stupid BHP Blobeye Spec C before so big power doesn't really hold any interest for me, I'd say around 420bhp or so would make for a great road car with plenty of power and torque readily available.

I'll see how my funds hold out and go from there, I'd like to improve the handling and braking as well so I might just concentrate on being able to steer and stop first.

Quick Reply: 08/09 Hatches, Stand up and show yourselves!!!