Member's Gallery Pictures of your pride and joy

New guy from Sweden.

Search this Thread

Old 23 July 2015, 01:40 PM
Remko
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy from Sweden.

Hi all. Thought I'd introduce myself. Recently became the owner of a fully standard 2001 bug WRX. It's nearly rust free which is fairly uncommon here in Sweden considering it's a 14 year old car and in stead of salt mainly gravel is used to fight the 5months of winter we have. This usually means 3-4 months of snow as well. Unfortunately after having driven it for about 400miles some flaws reared their head. Amongst it a knackered clutch, a blowing exhaust that previously was badly solved with Gungum. Something I didn't notice before test drive or the quick-over. Some other minor issues caused by incompetance or cheapskate solutions that I need to fix.
Enough talk, here's the car in the fairly uncommon green.

Old 23 July 2015, 02:00 PM
Tidgy
Scooby Regular

Received 150 Likes on 115 Posts

welcome.

good excuse to upgrade the exhaust hahaha
Old 23 July 2015, 03:49 PM
Remko
Scooby Regular

Woud love a nice 2.5" inch decay exhaust but I got to get it right with this exhaust 1st cause of an MoT soon (or besiktning as it's called here in sweden)
An example of what I found. I noticed recently a bolt has been changed from recirculation valve(if I identified that part as the recirculation valve?) to ic. Upon inspection I noticed the gasket was showing more than it should. Upon removal we came to the conclusion some muppet probably tried to fix the dodgy gasket by over tightening the bolts and stripped a part of the thread out of the intercooler. Thus needed to change the bolt for a longer 1. Overall dodgy work. Around 3K rpm a high pitch note appearded and I suspected a leak in the vacuum lines or the intake system quite soon and I think this is where it's from.
This is just an example of the small things I found.
So what are my plans with the car?
I like standard looks on a car but plan sensible mods after I get it running right. Will probably be looking into the STI side of things. Sideskirts for example. Can't really afford big power. Aiming for 300hp. I loved the blob eye conversion I seen. That's something I loved. I love my bugeye but the similarity in the front to the Ford Scorpio is uncanny.
18" alloys would be nice as my current alloys aren't that pretty any more. Sensible lowering and a big brake conversion is high on my wishlist as well. STI's Brembos would do me fine.
Then there's the odd plastic bits I saw on scoobyworld. Like the carbonfibre rear window miniwing. Quite a list but I got time, not planning getting rid of the car any time soon.

Last edited by Remko; 23 July 2015 at 03:57 PM. Reason: Typo
Old 23 July 2015, 07:40 PM
Tony Harrington
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to SNet
Old 24 July 2015, 08:34 AM
Remko
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the welcome.
Some more piccies.

I been told scoobies with rally graphs are common as muck in the UK and not to everyone's liking but here it makes the car stand out and I quite like it so for now they're staying.

Old 25 July 2015, 11:28 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Welcome to snet. Do you know what? I really like that! I like the colour; it's different. Looks like a nice, clean, straight example. Yes, most members on here are anti-decals. I'm not normally a fan, but I think they actually go really well with the green Bug look. If you like them, that's all that matters.

Are you Swedish?
Old 26 July 2015, 05:58 AM
Remko
Scooby Regular

And it's convenient too.... consider it a shopping list
No, I am not Swedish. I'm actually Dutch.
Old 26 July 2015, 10:28 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 02 September 2015 at 10:27 PM.
Old 27 July 2015, 02:36 PM
Remko
Scooby Regular

Agreed, the scoop, lower foglights and low spoiler are staying. I fancy STI details like the twisty sideskirts, STI underlip and rear diffuser. Not planning changing bumper. I did see risers to raise the spoiler a tad - that might be cool mod. Not sure yet. Looking to get 18" alloys and decided on gold. I love big brakes. Or rather - dislike large alloys with tiny brakes. Not that the WRX brakes are small but when it's brakes bigger is better
Old 27 July 2015, 03:16 PM
Remko
Scooby Regular

Oops

Last edited by Remko; 27 July 2015 at 03:17 PM. Reason: Double