Notices

Angel Eye Headlights Opinion

Old 23 November 2016, 10:41 AM
colinLWRX
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Angel Eye Headlights Opinion

Hello guys,

Thinking about purchasing these headlights for my 2000 bugeye.

http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/371366584079

I'm in Germany so I need them in LHD, but as I've read they're also available in LHD. But they're LED, and I'm not sure if it are only those three lamps as seen on the second picture on ebay or if it is the whole headlight in LED. Because I'd rather prefer the normal look over the LEDs. So my question:
Does someone have them and can say how they are or better show a picture?
And by the way I'm looking for headlights in this black style (like the prodrive ones on the rally cars) in LHD. anybody know where to get some or if the angel eyes are the only alternative?
Old 24 November 2016, 11:46 AM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

To answer your questions, those are halogen lights with LED or CC rings round the lights to give the Angel Eyes look...if you like that sort of thing, it's a bit dated now

Also, if you are in Germany, please ensure they ARE E-marked, many of these aftermarket lights are not and the Germans are pretty hot on that.

Lastly, tread carefully, I've seen a few threads where owners with these have found that either the dips and main beam work separately, so not giving enough light, or the wiring melts and destroys the lights and local loom.

Search this Thread