Electrical Issue with Windows and Maybe Central Locking

Search this Thread

Old 27 July 2015, 10:11 AM
s_tubb23
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electrical Issue with Windows and Maybe Central Locking

Hi,

I have got a 93 JDM WRX and I'm having what I assume is an electrical issue with my windows(I'm no electrician but looking to learn as much as I can). The drivers side window has never worked, I tested the circuit and it seems to be getting a current when the switch is pressed at the green connector that goes into the wire through to the back of the motor so I assume the motor is shot but the other 3 all worked from the drivers panel and the individual switches.

I have started stripping the car as I'm looking to use it for rallying eventually and when I took the rear door cards off I took the switches off with them which stopped the rear windows from working(I assume because the circuit was not complete) but the passenger window still worked from the drivers panel and the passenger switch. Over the weekend I re-attached the switches to the rear window circuits and they started working again from the individual switches and the drivers panel.

Ok so all was good at this point, 3 out of the 4 were working which I could live for now. I then removed all the carpets and roof lining and took the speaker out of the drivers door. On re-attaching the door card none of my windows now work from any switch. I have tested the panel and it is getting power and with the back off when a switch is pressed the volt meter shows a spike so it looks like it is doing something. When I re-tested the green connector on the wire that goes into the motor on the drivers door it now no longer registers any activity on the tester.

So does anyone have any idea what could be the issue? I've looked online and I can't see anything about a fuse for the windows but is there one? Could this be an earthing issue and if so how do I go about testing and diagnosing it? Any help would be greatly appreciated as the passenger window is currently stuck down. Is there a way to force the window back up? Can I put a charge through the motor to put the window up?

Again thanks in advance.
Old 27 July 2015, 10:17 AM
s_tubb23
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh yeah the central locking is only working on the drivers door now as well, not sure if this is related or the alarm system is playing up. Its a Clifford G5 and has been working fine up until now.