Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

Steering wheels and boss kits ?????

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2015, 10:18 AM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Steering wheels and boss kits ?????

Im looking at Sparco/OMP steering wheels, what boss or kits would I need to do this ? I would also like to try and keep the horn and indicator cancelling. also read something about the DCCD too ???

car is a 2006 hawkeye sti

thanks
Old 07 August 2015, 11:15 AM
Ste333
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.driftworks.com/hkb-steeri...hi-subaru.html

You're welcome
Old 07 August 2015, 11:25 AM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

many thanks
Old 10 August 2015, 02:21 PM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

what quick release kits are people using that fit the HKB boss ?
Old 10 August 2015, 02:30 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Received 149 Likes on 109 Posts

NRG quick release boss kits are very good,also worksbell from Japan are superb.Stay well clear of no name kits and eBay specials.SJ.
Old 10 August 2015, 02:42 PM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

cheers S.J. iv been looking at the NRG ones, worksbell kits look good but seem very pricey tbh
Old 10 August 2015, 03:19 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bloomydj
cheers S.J. iv been looking at the NRG ones, worksbell kits look good but seem very pricey tbh
I got the NRG short hub quick release with OMP wheel. Excellent piece of kit.

Last edited by CutMasterT; 10 August 2015 at 05:06 PM.
Old 10 August 2015, 03:59 PM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

looking good cutmaster! how do you get on with the wheel distance from your driving position ? do you have a bucket seat also ? more pics would be great
Old 10 August 2015, 05:05 PM
CutMasterT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looking good cutmaster! how do you get on with the wheel distance from your driving position ? do you have a bucket seat also ? more pics would be great
It does bring the wheel closer but pretty easy to get used to. The only other thing to mention is it also makes the indicator and wiper stalks further away which takes some getting used to. But if you're not gonna use a quick release boss, you won't have that issue 😊
Old 10 August 2015, 08:01 PM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

The works bell kit is a tad pricey mate but the quality is undeniable,they feel rock solid once fitted though and was my preference when purchasing a kit for my own car.My wife has purchased a NRG kit for her car which I am in the process of fitting for her as soon as I have ten minutes spareI just put the kit on her steering wheel to show you the look,they are very well built and reasonably priced too

.SJ.
Old 10 August 2015, 11:17 PM
bloomydj
Scooby Regular

that does look a nice bit of kit there S.J. is that the NRG 2.8 version ? what wheel too ? loving the dish on it !
Old 11 August 2015, 06:41 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Stage Motacorsa sports dished wheel,It feels really nice to hold.Her boss kit is a NRG GEN 3.0,as it was the newest version at the time of her purchase,it is a very nice piece of kit.SJ.
Old 11 August 2015, 10:30 AM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

I used to have the works bell quick release on my last blob sti with a flat wheel (no dish).... Excellent piece of kit with no play whatsoever.
Word of warning though, I changed back to the standard wheel after a few weeks as I just couldn't get used to how muck closer it was... Standard seat and wheel set up distance and angle is pretty perfect IMO.
I sold my works bell stuff on here within 24hrs of advertising so didn't loose on it really.
So in a nutshell, buy the works bell from playskool motorsport, if you like it great, if you don't someone on here will snap it up, pardon the pun

Siv

Last edited by sivo; 11 August 2015 at 10:31 AM.
Old 11 August 2015, 11:44 AM
stonejedi
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by sivo
I used to have the works bell quick release on my last blob sti with a flat wheel (no dish).... Excellent piece of kit with no play whatsoever.
Word of warning though, I changed back to the standard wheel after a few weeks as I just couldn't get used to how muck closer it was... Standard seat and wheel set up distance and angle is pretty perfect IMO.
I sold my works bell stuff on here within 24hrs of advertising so didn't loose on it really.
So in a nutshell, buy the works bell from playskool motorsport, if you like it great, if you don't someone on here will snap it up, pardon the pun

Siv
Agree,but the price difference compared to the NRG makes the NRG set up a complete bargain as they function completely the same as the worksbell with rock solid fitment and mechanism Just the same,if you have the extra monies worksbell but the NRG is a worthy contender.SJ.
Old 11 August 2015, 12:12 PM
sivo
Scooby Regular

Received 47 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by stonejedi
Agree,but the price difference compared to the NRG makes the NRG set up a complete bargain as they function completely the same as the worksbell with rock solid fitment and mechanism Just the same,if you have the extra monies worksbell but the NRG is a worthy contender.SJ.
I used the works bell because it was proven and used by many racing/rally teams, in fact Frayz put me onto playskool and works bell and I practically bought on his recommendation and a little bit of research.
I can't vouch for the nrg but if stonejedi is endorsing then I would say it also would do the job intended.
As stated above stay clear of cheap alternatives as there is some real horror stories out there.... Buy cheap and buy twice and probably have a brown trouser moment when it snaps off in your hands !

Siv