Notices
Interior Gauges, steering wheels, seats etc

GC8 impreza WRX sti JDM tacho problems

Old 09 June 2015, 05:55 PM
kaprano
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GC8 impreza WRX sti JDM tacho problems

Hello everyone. My tachometer and odometer aren't working properly. Everything else is working properly.

I've been driving like this since I've got the car a year ago. Tacho usually sits at 1k RPM and shows some signs of life whenever I accelerate and usually falls back on it's own after I've been driving for a while. Also the odometer isn't counting all the way, more like half or a third of what's the real distance. Tacho goes approximately up to 3K if I rev it while driving, haven't tried to hit the redline yet though.

Both completely died some time ago, but unlucky as I am I drove on an unfamiliar road and I hit a small hole in the road. I wasn't going fast so there's no damage done, but for some reason the gauges decided to wake up again.

I couldn't find a way to fix the broken gauges, tried googling, lurking on all kinds of forums, checking fuses, connectors and sensors and eventually gave up. The car's perfect otherwise with a good maintenance history so I didn't really mind it that much because I've been keeping track of the distances driven and done all routine maintenance based on that.

So fixing it popped up on my mind once again when I saw them move today.

Any tips or suggestions no matter how small would be greatly appreciated, who knows if I'd miss something really small and have been overthinking the problem way too much.
Old 15 October 2016, 08:23 PM
sjd1991
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi everyone do anybody know how to fit a shift light as i am not sure what wire i need to splice into ;(
car is a subaru impreza turbo 2000
thanks guys