Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GREENLIGHT INSURANCE - Launch Members Insurance scheme

Search this Thread

Old 24 November 2014, 07:27 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=The Laird;11567226]My wife bought a subaru. Greenlight turned her down because it was "standard".
NOT IMPRESSED.[/QUOT

so you couldn't insure a std Subaru with this company lol.What sort of company is this then
Old 25 November 2014, 09:18 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi The Laird,

Thanks for posting and getting me involved.

Sorry to see that we couldn't help on this occasion, but if it's ok with you i'd like to take a look at this in a bit more detail as we do cover both standard and modified performance models.

We're more competitive for modified models, but can usually cover both, so it may be something else that led to our being unable to help.

I'll PM you to follow this up and i'll be able to give you more specific feedback once i've had a chance to review your wife's application

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by The Laird
My wife bought a subaru. Greenlight turned her down because it was "standard".
NOT IMPRESSED.
Old 25 November 2014, 09:24 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

A modified, custom, kit, motorsport and high performance Insurance vehicle provider

We do cover standard high performance models, so i've PM'd the member concerned to take a look at this for him

Originally Posted by Rick2014
so you couldn't insure a std Subaru with this company lol.What sort of company is this then
Old 25 November 2014, 11:18 AM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Rick,

We do have Underwriters available that can accept Motor traders NCB.

The traders policy will have to have been in your name and we'll need something to show that you've driven performance cars if you're looking to cover a WRX/Turbo2000/WRX Sti/P1 etc

Your trader's policy schedule should list your personal vehicles, which will help us to validate your previous driving experience

Kind regards

Tony

Hi my insurance is up for renewal in December I will have 4 yrs no claims on traders.I will be finishing trading and looking and normal car insurance.Can I carry my ncb across

Kind regards
Rick
Old 25 November 2014, 08:01 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Hi the insurance is in my name and I will be wanting to insure my forester again.Its insured on the road now.My insurance is due for renewal on the 21st of december
Old 26 November 2014, 02:12 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Rick,

We would be happy to take a look at this for you. We can talk through the motor trade NCB requirement and run through your driving experience when you call.

There are some parts of the country where we're unable to offer cover, due to historic claims experience and disproportionately high levels of personal injury claims in comparison to other parts of the country.

With your geographic location being Manchester, it will be worth checking we can cover your specific postcode.

If you dont mind PM'ing me your postcode, along with your parking arrangements and the length of time you've lived there claim free - i'll be able to check this with our technical new business team in advance for you

Kind regards

Tony

Hi the insurance is in my name and I will be wanting to insure my forester again.Its insured on the road now.My insurance is due for renewal on the 21st of december
Old 30 November 2014, 07:32 PM
denoboy72
Scooby Regular

Hi,
I have just purchased an 03 blobeye wrx and am looking for insurance quote and have a question regarding this.
I meet all the acceptance criteria, however I have a query regarding number 4 stipulation.
1) Be aged 25 or over for Turbo models (or 21+ for the sport model)

2) Have held a full UK license for 4 or more years

3) Have 2 or more years no claims (NCB) earned in their own name (on this or another vehicle in your own name)

4) Have either owned the vehicle that you’re looking to Insure for 12 months or an entire winter period, or have proven driving experience of a similar performance car, owned and Insured in your name for the same period
As I stated already, I have only just bought this car last friday, the only other performance vehicles I have owned were back in Australia (I emigrated to UK from Australia in 2006), eg 1968 HK Monaro, 327 Chev V8 etc.

Is there something you could offer me or would I be turned down based on this?
Please advise.
Regards,
Denis.
Old 02 December 2014, 11:30 AM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

I did an online quote and you carnt insure my subaru lol
Old 03 December 2014, 04:29 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Rick,

Thanks again for the application and talking with me via PM'd contact.

We can work with the motor trade NCB, but unfortunately none of our preferentially rated product Underwriters provided cover within your postcode area.

Kind regards & best wishes

Tony

I did an online quote and you carnt insure my subaru lol

Last edited by Tony@Greenlight; 03 December 2014 at 04:33 PM.
Old 03 December 2014, 04:59 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi Denis,

Thanks for posting.

Had they been recent, the Chev V8 and potentially the Monaro would count as performance car driving experience to qualify for our our preferentially rated products.

It doesn't have to be a Subaru Impreza, but you'll need to have driven a vehicle of a performance nature for the last 12 months for us to be able to offer a competitive quotation.

Kind regards

Tony

Originally Posted by denoboy72
Hi,
I have just purchased an 03 blobeye wrx and am looking for insurance quote and have a question regarding this.
I meet all the acceptance criteria, however I have a query regarding number 4 stipulation.

As I stated already, I have only just bought this car last friday, the only other performance vehicles I have owned were back in Australia (I emigrated to UK from Australia in 2006), eg 1968 HK Monaro, 327 Chev V8 etc.

Is there something you could offer me or would I be turned down based on this?
Please advise.
Regards,
Denis.
Old 30 March 2015, 12:40 PM
Tony@Greenlight
Former Sponsor

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update post in terms of a couple of rating factors that have changed.

1) The forum membership discount has increased to 15%

2) The pleasure use only discount has increased to 7.5%

3) Our policies are largely BHP rated and the percentage loadings have reduced by 15% for drivers who have owned their vehicle for 12 months or more.

This is on top of rewarding low mileage use and discounting premium's for drivers who have a 2nd everyday vehicle (mirrored NCB - equivalent percentage discount available for drivers free from recent non-recoverable/at-fault incidents).

Individual upgrades/modifications are covered upon a like for like replacement basis in the event of a repairable/replaceable incident. Agreed value is also a painless option if you're happy to send in some digital photo's for assessment.

Trackday cover ranges from £45 - £65 for existing policyholders.

For those of you looking for Third Party Fire & Theft (TPFT) cover, there are discounts of up to 25% for this.

So, if you're in need of cover for your Impreza, we'd welcome the opportunity to take a look at this for you.

We can be contacted by:

1) Calling our new business team on 01277 650866 (9am - 6pm monday to friday, 9am - 1pm saturday)

2) Making an online application at www.greenlightinsurance.co.uk

3) PM'ing me your contact details and we'll call you back

Kind regards

Tony
Old 09 September 2015, 01:08 PM
Plumberdave
Scooby Regular

Default De cat exhaust

just rung for a quote and won't cover me as I have a decat exhaust and it's not road legal. Be aware guys if you decat your cars the insurance might be invalid
Old 12 January 2016, 11:45 AM
rutt
Scooby Regular

Hi Tony have sent you a pm
Old 12 January 2016, 01:26 PM
**jay**
Scooby Regular

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Plumberdave
just rung for a quote and won't cover me as I have a decat exhaust and it's not road legal. Be aware guys if you decat your cars the insurance might be invalid
Get a decent insurance company Greenlight are useless.
Old 28 January 2016, 09:06 PM
shinyjacks
Scooby Newbie

Hi Tony,
Hopefully soon to be making a purchase of an uprated STI (poss forged or new engine, up to maybe 400hp). I'm nearly 40 (no mid-life jokes please), with easy 10yrs ncd. Trouble is I haven't owned a performance car for a while: subaru legacy rsk in 2014, and prob about 8 yrs before that, a 300hp nissan pulsar gti-r. I have however owned a high performance sports bike for the last 4 yrs (with ncb on that too). Do you think you may be able to offer me a decent quote, or am I just kidding myself about the car I want?
Thanks.