Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Accessories & Car Care > Insurance
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 18 May 2009, 15:28   #1
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Default Which companies dont charge administration fees to change details?

At mo i drive an old mk 2 mondeo-and my insurance is soon up for renewal- im currently with esure and they still come out about cheapest for my car but i may move house and also swap cars this year and everytime you change details with esure they charge you 26 for new documents.

With this in mind i could knock up another 104 on my premium this year as i would have to pay 1st for changing my private reg on car then change details again when i swap cars then pay again when i change to a private reg on that new car then also again if i move house so adds upto a potential bill of 104 - a lot when my insurance in first place is only about 240.

So does anyone know which companies dont charge a fee for changing details like your reg number? please

Thanks in advance.
^OPM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 16:00   #2
bish667
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (1)

When i was last with Norwich Union they never charged me for changing cars which i did several times.
That was a few years ago tho so it may have changed.
bish667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 16:11   #3
Davey L
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (3)
Send a message via MSN to Davey L

Admiral tried to charge me 30 for changing my address, ok the 60 i was saving cos of the new address was good but i refused to pay 30 for them to print a bit of paper with my new address on it. It was close to renewal time so i told them to forget it and i'll sort it out when i renew my policy. Somehow the 30 charge disappeared then! Most of them do it if you let them get away with it.
Davey L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 17:05   #4
skyinsurance
Sponsor

Trader Score: (3)

Most comapmies will have admin charges, this is how an insurance brokers and underwriters will make thier money. A way around it with some companies is to explain to the company at the beginning of the policy that you will be doing certain changes.. if they already have them noted they may waive a couple of the admin fees. Worth a try!

Ollie
Sky Insurance
skyinsurance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 18:22   #5
^OPM^
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)

Thanks will try this

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyinsurance View Post
Most comapmies will have admin charges, this is how an insurance brokers and underwriters will make thier money. A way around it with some companies is to explain to the company at the beginning of the policy that you will be doing certain changes.. if they already have them noted they may waive a couple of the admin fees. Worth a try!

Ollie
Sky Insurance
^OPM^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 May 2009, 18:22

Tags
address, admin, administration, car, change, changing, charge, companies, company, details, dont, esure, fee, fees, insurance