Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Moley does it again.

Search this Thread

Old 15 March 2016, 09:51 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Location: Newcastle. 330bhp-289lb/ft @ 1bar boost - 12.4s @ 105mph
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Post Moley does it again.

Well, it's that time of year again. Usually for ***** and giggles I have a look on the comparison sites, didn't need to this year since Money Supermarket emailed with the same quotes 3 times. Cheapest one was £1436, based on a nigh on standard car, since comparison sites don't like too many mods.

I paid a lot less than that with Norwich Union when I bought the car. If I was 21 year old and had just bought it, I would understand the bollocks quotes to a point. I've had the car 11 years though, and turned 40 last August.

I must admit, the milisecond or so that it took to accept the renewal quote off Gary was excruciating.

Cheers mate, you're a star, as ever.
Old 15 March 2016, 10:12 PM
johned
Scooby Regular

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

So price paid?.
Old 16 March 2016, 09:39 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Oops.

£350
Old 17 March 2016, 01:44 AM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Insured my wagon with Gary today top man indeed
Old 17 March 2016, 06:52 AM
jayallen
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mickywrx
turned 40 last August.
Old 17 March 2016, 08:15 AM
AdeT
Scooby Newbie

I have tried to call Gary everyday for the past week!! I've given up now as I dread to think what would happen if I ever needed to claim.
Old 17 March 2016, 08:21 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by AdeT
I have tried to call Gary everyday for the past week!! I've given up now as I dread to think what would happen if I ever needed to claim.
Been there, done that, gave up.

Old 17 March 2016, 12:08 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts

If you have a claim you'd deal with our claims department, who are on a different number.

If you do need a quote please feel free to pm me your number and i'll call you back.
Old 17 March 2016, 12:09 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Micky and Stu - glad help guys
Old 17 March 2016, 09:22 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

Old 18 March 2016, 12:02 AM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Good price always but, boy oh boy, what abysmal and atrocious customer service and communications from KM.

I took the private plate off my car and informed KM of the change. Got a new certificate within days and - for the first time in years - a schedule. Great!

But...schedule shows wrong engine capacity. I have emailed 3 times, both to Gary and to admin and to sales to request confirmation that my insurance is correct and for confirmation that I am actually covered for all the mods agreed years ago.

No response whatsoever.

I rather worry that after all these years I have been driving around with no cover for the agreed mods or, worse, uninsured due to a technicality.

I have also asked for a quote for the vehicle that will replace my car once it's sold.

Obviously not interested.

Will not use for the next car regardless of price. Sorry KM, just not good enough.

Last edited by TimH; 18 March 2016 at 11:10 AM. Reason: Changed to say "KM not good enough" rather than Gary, as this will be a company problem rather problem of Gary's per se.
Old 18 March 2016, 11:37 AM
Moley
Sponsor

As discussed Tim, the cert shows the original engine size but we have all the mods listed on the policy (including non-standard engine)

Apologies you have not had an email back, hopefully i've answered your queries.
Old 18 March 2016, 11:46 AM
TimH
Orange Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Moley
As discussed Tim, the cert shows the original engine size but we have all the mods listed on the policy (including non-standard engine)

Apologies you have not had an email back, hopefully i've answered your queries.
You have Gary, thank you.

As explained on the phone, my "beef" is with KM not you. My queries were of an admin nature that I only copied you in out of courtesy (except regarding the quote...although a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is not your speciality so I was not really expecting a competitive quote - no insult intended!).

If KM has email issues, then that's hardly my fault, especially as I had already had one response from them (suggesting there was no spam-trapping or other issue).

In this day and age email is, like it or not, as equally valid as a communications mechanism as a phone call or letter. And a PM to attract you attention is all very well, but it isn't the way to send actual information that we need to keep a record of, or refer back to in years to come.

I hope KM sort their internal issues so the service provided matches the prices
Old 18 March 2016, 12:28 PM
Moley
Sponsor

I hope so aswell Tim, would certainly make my life easier
Old 18 March 2016, 02:45 PM
Scooby Senior

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Got paperwork today mate
Old 18 March 2016, 03:48 PM
scoobywho2
Scooby Regular

Any chance of getting back to me today please Gary possibly picking up car tomorrow so really need to sort cover ASAP, sent you my number on here and via email. Will keep trying your office number today.
Old 18 March 2016, 08:39 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by scoobywho2
Any chance of getting back to me today please Gary possibly picking up car tomorrow so really need to sort cover ASAP, sent you my number on here and via email. Will keep trying your office number today.
Hope you enjoy the new car
Old 18 March 2016, 09:34 PM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TimH
Good price always but, boy oh boy, what abysmal and atrocious customer service and communications from KM.

I took the private plate off my car and informed KM of the change. Got a new certificate within days and - for the first time in years - a schedule. Great!

But...schedule shows wrong engine capacity. I have emailed 3 times, both to Gary and to admin and to sales to request confirmation that my insurance is correct and for confirmation that I am actually covered for all the mods agreed years ago.

No response whatsoever.

I rather worry that after all these years I have been driving around with no cover for the agreed mods or, worse, uninsured due to a technicality.

I have also asked for a quote for the vehicle that will replace my car once it's sold.

Obviously not interested.

Will not use for the next car regardless of price. Sorry KM, just not good enough.
X2. I got slated for posting the same thing.
Old 18 March 2016, 11:18 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
X2. I got slated for posting the same thing.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion

Once again, I apologise to anyone who has struggled to get in touch.

Although most people manage to get hold of me without issue I appreciate some have had issues. Hopefully our new phone system and additional staff joining us in April will help free up my time making it easier to speak to me.

I know there can be communication issues from time to time, so we are working to improve this.
Old 18 March 2016, 11:41 PM
scoobywho2
Scooby Regular

Thanks Gary!

As always miles better in price and service!
Old 19 March 2016, 12:33 PM
AdeT
Scooby Newbie

If you have a claim you'd deal with our claims department, who are on a different number.

If you do need a quote please feel free to pm me your number and i'll call you back.
I tried to call you again yesterday and again was put through to you by one of your colleagues. It rings a few times then straight through to your answer phone. I have left numerous messages requesting a call back from you but the call never came.

It's a very poor service, sorry.

My business is now with Adrian Flux.
Old 19 March 2016, 08:13 PM
Moley
Sponsor

I tried to call you again yesterday and again was put through to you by one of your colleagues. It rings a few times then straight through to your answer phone. I have left numerous messages requesting a call back from you but the call never came.

Apologies that you were unable to speak to me.

As I've said before, if you can't get me on the phone feel free to pm me your number on here and I can call you back.
Old 21 March 2016, 01:00 PM
lunar tick
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I tried to contact Gary at KM at the back end of last year by phoning, leaving messages and sending PMs. But I didn't get any reply so I had my existing policy with another company updated. My car insurance comes round for renewal in mid April so hopefully KM can help me this time. I'd like to give you my business Gary, but it can be very hard without reciprocal communication .
Old 21 March 2016, 08:42 PM
mickywrx
Unmapped 12.4s @ 105

I think in the 10 years that Gary has been my broker, I've only spoken to him 2 or 3 times, the last time was 3 years ago.
Old 21 March 2016, 10:51 PM
Moley
Sponsor

Originally Posted by lunar tick
I tried to contact Gary at KM at the back end of last year by phoning, leaving messages and sending PMs. But I didn't get any reply so I had my existing policy with another company updated. My car insurance comes round for renewal in mid April so hopefully KM can help me this time. I'd like to give you my business Gary, but it can be very hard without reciprocal communication .
Pm me your number and I'll give you a call
Old 22 March 2016, 07:39 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pm me your number and I'll give you a call

This is the thing Gary, we shouldn't have to. And even when we do you rarely so anything about it.

I messaged you, rang you etc and nothing came of it. so went else where. It doesn't bother me because I'd rather spend money with people who want my business. But just imagine how much you loose out on by not returning calls. Because that is it for me now I won't be trying again it's not worth the aggro.
Old 22 March 2016, 08:39 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by JGlanzaV
This is the thing Gary, we shouldn't have to. And even when we do you rarely so anything about it.

I messaged you, rang you etc and nothing came of it. so went else where. It doesn't bother me because I'd rather spend money with people who want my business. But just imagine how much you loose out on by not returning calls. Because that is it for me now I won't be trying again it's not worth the aggro.
Totally agree, I've got 4 cars and 2 motorbikes, how many are insured with KM ? None,
Gave up trying,
Weird one was when I tried to insure the Audi tdi, as I had spoken to Gary in the past (once) only he can quote me now, wtf is that about? The Audi is a bog standard sh it ter,
Why can Only Gary quote for impreza's ? God forbid anything was to happen to him, KM wouldn't be able to insure a Subaru every again in there trading life the way it's run now . . .
Old 22 March 2016, 08:57 AM
AdeT
Scooby Newbie

I know Gary has said claims is a different number but what worried me was if its that much hard work trying to give them your dam business... what the hell it would be like in the event of a claim I really do dread to think as we all know how reluctant insurance companies are to pay out.

I hope those insured with KM never have to find out!
Old 22 March 2016, 10:30 AM
Moley
Sponsor

A few people have had to claim, and on the whole they have had positive experiences.

As i've said, i fully appreciate it's been difficult to get hold of me in the past.

It's not as if i'm sitting here not doing anything!

Fortunately we are taking on extra staff in April which will free up my time to speak to customers, rather than dealing with paperwork and payments (which currently takes up quite a bit of my time)

Fingers crossed it'll work and it'll be considerably easier to get hold of me.
Old 17 April 2016, 09:56 PM
madwrx
Scooby Regular

been insured with KM for 6 years across 3 different imprezas- normally takes at least 2 days to get a callback. as there only open office hours 5 days a week its a serious pain in the butt. in fairness though rarely beaten on price so odds and evens really.

Quick Reply: Moley does it again.