Notices
Insurance Subaru Impreza insurance can be expensive, as with any performance car insurance. But the cheapest car insurance isn't always the best. Share your quotes, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

weird one: insurance quote declined when sent to underwriter?

Search this Thread

Old 18 November 2015, 07:12 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default weird one: insurance quote declined when sent to underwriter?

Guys,

Can someone put some light in this, I had a quote from Sky Insurance, really good price of £xxx and I was happy go go ahead. Then as they send if off to underwriter it comes back as declined.

She doesn't know why it was declined so she couldn't tell me why. And what is bugging me why it came back as a good quote first to start off with, then when you are ready to make payment it's declined.

Tried speaking to Gary to make the insurance, but he was busy, hopefully tomorrow morning he`s calling me back.

Only thing I could recall would be that after the quote I said i`m gonna still look around, because there was one more company I wanted to speak to (KM), and after like 15 minutes I decided to call back and go ahead because I said is no point leaving the bird from the hand for the one on the fence.

Last edited by gaborpapp; 19 November 2015 at 09:24 AM. Reason: edit
Old 19 November 2015, 07:30 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 19 November 2015, 09:03 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Hi,
Please feel free to give us a try for insurance if you like. If you wanted to PM me some contact details I'd be happy to arrange for one of my quotes team to give you a call back.
Regards,
Dan.
As you're in the trade then maybe a go at answering the question would have been a good start just before touting for business
Old 19 November 2015, 10:49 PM
riiidaa
Scooby Regular

pretty sure you now have to declare that you've had insurance declined when getting quotes, so it's worth getting to the bottom of (Could it be that was BS excuse from sky who didn't wanna honor their original quote, due to their ballsup?)
Old 19 November 2015, 11:01 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

wow. 2 deleted posts from me and garry.

all sorted now. I think it was that the underwriter was closed. at that time (18:30). Today I tried again, same underwriter, different broker, and this time the underwriter asked questions about how much my mods were etc. after that it was all good.

Dan @AdrianFlux, the quotation team did now know who i was looking for, and they gave me a quote around 5k a year (ouch).
Old 24 November 2015, 04:54 PM
alcazar
Scooby Regular

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

NO-ONE can explain under-writers. They make it up as they go along, and there's no arguing.

Time it was stopped.

I got a quote for my newest car, 9 years' ncd, £140. I thought it wasn't bad, so asked about the SAME car, no ncd....£180

So how does 60% discount off £180 equate to only a £40 discount? Or conversely, if £140 represents 40%, how does 100% equate to £180???

NO-ONE could explain it...as I said, scam.

Last edited by alcazar; 24 November 2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 24 November 2015, 11:28 PM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by alcazar
NO-ONE can explain under-writers. They make it up as they go along, and there's no arguing.

Time it was stopped.

I got a quote for my newest car, 9 years' ncd, £140. I thought it wasn't bad, so asked about the SAME car, no ncd....£180

So how does 60% discount off £180 equate to only a £40 discount? Or conversely, if £140 represents 40%, how does 100% equate to £180???

NO-ONE could explain it...as I said, scam.
IT its because the funiest bit on my side, the same underwriter that declined it, now like less than 24 hours later gave me a better deal and gone ahead with it . i mean just LOL &
Old 24 November 2015, 11:50 PM
lordharding
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gaborpapp
wow. 2 deleted posts from me and garry.

all sorted now. I think it was that the underwriter was closed. at that time (18:30). Today I tried again, same underwriter, different broker, and this time the underwriter asked questions about how much my mods were etc. after that it was all good.

Dan @AdrianFlux, the quotation team did now know who i was looking for, and they gave me a quote around 5k a year (ouch).

Adrian flux £5k what sort of mods have you got to get to that Price
No wonder he always touts for Buisness
I pay £150 with the master of insurance so Dont even bother looking around and I always get through first time when I ring him
Old 25 November 2015, 05:10 AM
gaborpapp
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by lordharding
Adrian flux £5k what sort of mods have you got to get to that Price
No wonder he always touts for Buisness
I pay £150 with the master of insurance so Dont even bother looking around and I always get through first time when I ring him
it wasn't the mods as much as the age and the fact they did not have any schemes for my age group i believe.
Old 25 November 2015, 08:05 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Originally Posted by gaborpapp
it wasn't the mods as much as the age and the fact they did not have any schemes for my age group i believe.
Hi,
I'm sorry we couldn't help but thanks for giving us a try.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 25 November 2015, 08:08 PM
DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Sponsor

Originally Posted by Brun
As you're in the trade then maybe a go at answering the question would have been a good start just before touting for business
Hi,
As I don't work for Sky insurance I couldn't explain their quotation procedures I'm afraid.
I'm just happy to try and help out any members if I can but no ones under any obligation to give us a try for insurance.
Regards,
Dan.
Old 25 November 2015, 11:04 PM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by DAN@ADRIAN FLUX
Hi,
As I don't work for Sky insurance I couldn't explain their quotation procedures I'm afraid.
I'm just happy to try and help out any members if I can but no ones under any obligation to give us a try for insurance.
Regards,
Dan.