ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

wiring diagram

Search this Thread

Old 15 November 2013, 12:10 PM
dj_steve
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wiring diagram

fternoon all, im in the process of starting to replace the audio system in my 2010 1.5 impreza and have eventually got the right iso convertor to run my head unit but im wondering if anyone has the pinouts of the other 2 connectors that plugged into my stock cz301r1 radio, i know one will be for the cd changer which i dont think i can convert for my radio but the other block im not sure what it is but i would like to find the aux wiring to reconnect the aux input to my new unit. stock stereo had 3 connector plugs standard, one large white one which the iso kit converts to normal iso plugs and a similar sized black one which i dont know what it does and also a small square white plug again unsure what its for.

any help appreciated
Old 19 February 2015, 03:48 PM
Subfoz
Scooby Newbie

Hi Steve, how did you get through with this project? I am currently trying to replace a cz301r1 with a pioneer with bluetooth etc but I am having a hard time due to warning lights coming on. Lights are Cruise ( flashing ), stability control and check engine ( consistent ). I have come to suspect that it is because the can bus system is missing the radio for the speed adaptive volume feature or something. The US spec cars don't have these features in the basic radio so I have not been able to find a solution on that side of the world. Our cars are right hand drive UK spec. Any ideas? Is your vehicle UK spec? Did it have Speed settings in stereo in menu options? Did you install aftermarket radio without problems?
Old 20 February 2015, 11:14 AM
statix
Scooby Newbie

Why don't you use the original Pioneer installation parts ?
No hassle or issues afterwards ?

Used them on my 08 WRX UK hatch and had no problems with a Pioneer after market unit.
Old 27 February 2015, 02:18 PM
Subfoz
Scooby Newbie

Thanks so much for that reply Statix. I am more and more suspecting that I messed up a wire or connector behind the radio or under dash when I was trying to repair a front park sensor kit. I put back in the original radio cleared faults and lights are still on even a day or so after. Just to help isolate the pioneer working after, can you confirm that the WRX had speed adjustable volume and that there are can wires on your radio harness?
FYI I had spliced into harness behind original connector first (did not cut off ) then after getting faults I ended up buying a harness adaptor to make the connections easier and keep original connector.

Thanks again
Old 27 February 2015, 02:29 PM
statix
Scooby Newbie

Can really confirm the speed adjustable sound level as mine didn't come with an OEM unit when purchased.
There are however no CAN wires on the main connector behind the head unit though.