ICE Serious sounds for serious cars.

PLEASE HELP ME! Stereo wiring loom.

Search this Thread

Old 09 June 2003, 02:14 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

Before I blow another 15A fuse, can someone PLEASE tell me which wire does what on the stereo wiring loom of a MY00 UK Impreza Turbo?

I thought I'd be clever and cut the wiring block off the back of the standard stereo, and connect the wires to the wires on the back of my Sony (which unfortunately hasn't got any connectors, all cut ages ago...) so it will plug straight into the stereo loom of the Scooby.

I know what every wire on my Sony does, but the crap standard stereo doesn't have a wiring disagram on it. The speaker wires are obvious, but the power, ignition, and ground are giving me a nightmare! There are 4 wires left:-

Stereo side > Loom side:
1. Orange > Purple
2. Red > Yellow/Green
3. Brown > Black
4. Yellow/Red > Blue/Red

Every time I turn the key to test the stereo, the alarm makes a short bleep, and the bloody fuse blows in the engine bay, taking out the alarm/central locking remote, interior light, clock. Grrrr...!

Can anyone help, as I haven't got any spare fuses left...?!

[Edited by The_Judge - 9/6/2003 2:16:14 PM]
Old 07 September 2003, 11:39 AM
MARK MORRIS
Scooby Regular

Smile

a bit too late for you but you can get a plug to go into the cars loom with a load of wires coming off it, all labeld up too, i used to have an opel manta show car with a sony cd/md sytem, sold the car, id cut the plug off the sony unit too, bought the adaptor for a few quid, soldered the sony wires onto the adaptor, removed the head unit from my my97 plugged the sony straight in, when i part xd it for a new p1 just whipped it back out and straight in the p1
mark
Old 07 September 2003, 01:00 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Cheers for the reply. Assuming Halfords sell one of these, I'll get one when I buy a bag of 15A fuses...!
Old 08 September 2003, 02:24 PM
The_Judge
Scooby Regular

Talking

Fair play Halfords, just bought one of the adapters and it works a treat. Unfortunately, because of the length of cables, and the fact I scotch-locked the connectors back onto my Sony (lazy git, yeah I know!), I can't fit the bloody stereo into the slot! I think I'd better do a proper solder jobby on it, otherwise might as well get a sticker on my windows saying "Come and nick my stereo please"...