Notices

hesitation off boost

Search this Thread

Old 09 January 2017, 03:44 PM
burn
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hesitation off boost

Hi all, ongoing problems with my hawkeye. Cel came up with pre cat lambda duff, so changed it and initially the car ran smooth after a reset with ssm. Left for work this morning and the hesitation is back, although not as bad as before. It's more like a misfire at times, could this now be a coil on its way?

Any thoughts people? Starting to get disheartened with this car now.

Little background, 2006 wrx ppp wagon with 142k. Just had an ecu refresh, sas removal, new crank sensor and new pre cat lambda. Only code showing is p1410, as it's still plugged in as I believe there's some barometric sensor that's still needed?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Last edited by burn; 09 January 2017 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09 January 2017, 04:08 PM
Bazil_SW
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Chocked up maf sensor? It's pretty easy to take out and if its dirty, there is some good advice on the forums about cleaning it.
Old 09 January 2017, 11:40 PM
burn
Scooby Newbie

I'll have a look at the maf and give the throttle body a clean, almost feels like someones tapping the throttle. On SSM, when it hesitates/surges the throttle body flap fluctuates a few percent.

What I did notice tonight is that if left a while to cool and then drive it again, it doesn't do it until the engines sticking the fans on, and then will carry on doing it intermittently. Noticed on SSM the temperature hovers around 91 degrees.

Thanks
Old 10 January 2017, 09:34 AM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

If you think it may be Temp related have a look for a new CTS.
Old 11 January 2017, 10:06 AM
burn
Scooby Newbie

I've got a thermostat to put in, so will try that as the car does seem hot, don't think the sensors wrong. If that doesn't fix the car running warm then I've got a blockage or head gaskets are failing.

Cleaned the maf and seemed a little better, still not right though. Feels like it's holding back, missing.
Old 15 January 2017, 11:03 AM
burn
Scooby Newbie

Ok well I had chance to do some bits to the car yesterday, so I changed the thermostat, checked and regapped the plugs and gave the boost solenoid a clean out.

Thermostat has stopped the fans coming on all the time and it sits at the correct temperature. Win for that.

Plugs were gapped at standard 0.7 so just brought them down to 0.65, incase I've got a weak coil, or four.

And I just thought I'd blow out the boost controller.

Results are hesitation has pretty much gone, just the pedal is very sensitive, got to be very smooth with it. But I seem to have lost boost! Down to 0.8 bar. I'll start a new thread for that question.

Cheers for the input peeps.