Notices

2003 Spec C Radiator - replacement advice

Search this Thread

Old 25 October 2016, 02:10 PM
sadam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2003 Spec C Radiator - replacement advice

Hi, I've not posted for a long while but need some advice…..the radiator on my 2003 blob eye Spec C (EJ207/GDB) has blown and trying to track a replacement in the UK is proving difficult.

The part numbers are different for an Sti and a Spec C; 45111FE000 for a standard Sti and 45111FE091 for a Spec C so this implies they are different but I'm getting conflicting information and uncertainty regarding whether or not the radiators for both an Sti and a Spec C are actually the same.

Can anyone advise whether or not they are the same and point me in the direction of a stockist.

Thanks
Old 25 October 2016, 03:39 PM
ZANY
Scooby Regular

Received 131 Likes on 101 Posts

Originally Posted by sadam
Hi, I've not posted for a long while but need some advice…..the radiator on my 2003 blob eye Spec C (EJ207/GDB) has blown and trying to track a replacement in the UK is proving difficult.

The part numbers are different for an Sti and a Spec C; 45111FE000 for a standard Sti and 45111FE091 for a Spec C so this implies they are different but I'm getting conflicting information and uncertainty regarding whether or not the radiators for both an Sti and a Spec C are actually the same.

Can anyone advise whether or not they are the same and point me in the direction of a stockist.

Thanks
How much do they sell for?
I know where there's 3available that have come off spec C
Old 25 October 2016, 09:49 PM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've just replaced mine on my spec c. Give these guys a ring, Advanced Radiators on 0191 2673312. You need there Automatic version as it's got the gear box cooler on the bottom of the radiator. Fits perfect and works really well even on track and I'm running 420/420 with a front mount. Hope it helps. £90ish delivered
Old 25 October 2016, 11:34 PM
sadam
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the help.

Since I'm running 60BHP less but on a top mount it should be fine for my car.

Having looked at their web site I can see that the automatic version rad (SU336) has two 90 degree takeoffs at the bottom of the rad which an STI doesn't, i assume these are for the gear box cooler.

Am I correct to assume the radiator fan mounting points and those for the big bracket at the bottom of the stock Spec C rad are all the same?

I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Old 26 October 2016, 06:22 AM
S204Darren
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sadam
Thank you for the help.

Since I'm running 60BHP less but on a top mount it should be fine for my car.

Having looked at their web site I can see that the automatic version rad (SU336) has two 90 degree takeoffs at the bottom of the rad which an STI doesn't, i assume these are for the gear box cooler.

Am I correct to assume the radiator fan mounting points and those for the big bracket at the bottom of the stock Spec C rad are all the same?

I'll give them a call tomorrow.
Yes all fits perfectly all bolted up exactly the same as the original.