Notices

Replacing Rear Subframe rubber mounts

Search this Thread

Old 27 September 2016, 01:57 PM
Cambs_Stuart
Scooby Regular

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Laupy
Hopefully they will have something available in the not too distant future? For the moment I've fitted the FloFlex bushes having modified them all to be the same size but I'm not convinced they will last that long...
While we're on the subject of dodgy bushes I bought some flo flex alloy rear drop links and the tolerances were all over the place. I ended up using a 3/8" bolt as an M10 wouldn't fit and having to ease open the mounting brackets to squeeze the links in. Which turned a minor mod into a pain in the backside.
Old 27 September 2016, 02:17 PM
JDM_Stig
Scooby Regular

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Ive got a few from these http://prothane.com/

I didnt use the gear selector bush as mine is a 6 speed, and the front arb bushes came with my new bars, so everything else has gone on with no issues.
Old 28 September 2016, 01:24 AM
jody0702
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Rig
Well , Avoid Poly torq in Wrexham who make these , acknowledges his bushes are faulty but blames varying car designs on the fault , it's my fault these don't fit apparantly as its an import ?

So another product / seller to avoid

Now the hunt for proper bushes to get my car back on the road !!!!
I went with group n on mine from icp. You also need to get the stopper washers that go underneath the bush/mount as the original won't have any rubber left on it most probably. Ideally save any grief and get them pressed in, literally a 2 minute neat job on a press. Most fabrication engineering places would do this for a small fee or a drink.
Old 10 October 2016, 10:42 PM
Cullenmin
Scooby Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I thought I was going to have to replace these bushes when I removed my subframe but then I discovered i had the solid bushings in there already, glad I dont have the hassle your going through with these!

Rich