3bolt (bottom) up-pipe gasket

Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2015, 11:27 AM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 3bolt (bottom) up-pipe gasket

Hi All,
Got GT Spec manifold with a 3bolt HS up-pipe.

Unfortunately the bottom gasket is blowing, the one between the manifold and uppipe. From rolling around under the car and feeling with my hands, I'm not sure if the manifold can be detatched from the uppipe whilst it's still on the car - the top of the three bolts is in a tight gap between the manifold and the engine, access looks poor.

I'm really hoping the uppipe doesn't need detatching from the turbo and the whole lot dropping down, as I only had the turbo off the car a few months ago to swap the uppipe to turbo gasket Car seems to be costing me a fortune in gaskets at the moment.

Has anyone had any success splitting the GT Spec manifold from the uppipe whilst keeping the uppipe bolted to the turbo?
Old 19 September 2015, 04:13 PM
Fonzey
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Been back under the car for a bit, managed to find a bit of an access hole from the driver side wheelarch in which I could get a spanner on both the nut and bolt - so looks like that's my approach plan sorted.

It seems my manifold to head block gaskets have been partnered up with some black sealant type stuff - is that the done thing? If so, does anybody have any product recommendations.

Also where's the best place to get a 3bolt manifold to uppipe gasket? I assume the regulars (Alyn & Co).

Cheers