Notices

Water in 1 inlet :-(

Search this Thread

Old 23 November 2014, 09:05 AM
Mrbus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water in 1 inlet :-(

I have my beloved gc8 with water in the top right inlet.
I took the inlet manifold off as had a water leak somewhere. Got halfway through & things happened & now it had to sit outside.
Been sitting outside for over a month & tried to put it back together yesterday & water has got through my scoop & dripped down into my inlet making it full of water :-(
What's the best way to get this out?
I can suck most of it out though the inlet, take out that 1 spark plug & give it an oil & filter change & Fire it up, or is it the end of my engine
Please help
Old 23 November 2014, 09:14 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Take all the spark plugs out and crank it over that will show if there is water in the bores.

To be honest it might be too late if its been stood with water in the engine. You should always put something over any open pipes to prevent this happening, or things falling in like dirt, screws etc
Old 23 November 2014, 09:23 AM
Mrbus
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

& if no water in the bores that should be fine? Basically I wasn't the one who put it outside
Old 23 November 2014, 09:27 AM
JGlanzaV
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Even if it is inside you should still always put something over open pipes to stop ingress of foreign materials mate. Every intercooler pipe, boost pipe, inlet etc needs to be covered when working on an engine as something very small falling into an orifice will FUBAR your engine.

I dont know if it will be fine, but you will find out if there is water in there or not, I would take the plugs out, check to see if there is water in it,

If there is crank it over WITHOUT THE PLUGS IN and the crank and cam sensor disconnected, other wise you will hydro lock it and bend all the rods etc, to get most of the water out.

I would then do an oil change etc and try your best to get all the water out before firing it up.

That i sjust my own personal opinion, Ive never filled my engine with water before so I am not 100% sure if that is correct, google or youtube would probably give you all the informtion you need