Notices

03 wagon GX Sport Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 23 October 2014, 09:45 PM
sheepsteeth
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 03 wagon GX Sport Exhaust

Guys, i know this isnt a particularly exiting request for those of you with proper imprezas but i was hoping someone may be able to help me out with a replacement exhaust for my 03 impreza GX sport.

ive just had some advice about the exhaust on my motor, it is fitted with the original system as far as i cant tell and it is very rusty and tatty and may benefit from replacement.

if i am going to need to spend i thought i might think about a bit of an upgrade in the shape of a stainless set up.

apparently the middle section and rear box could do with replacing so what are my options?

im not fussed about performance (obviously, i drive a sport!) but i do like the idea of the tail pipe looking a bit more tidy.

so, where should i be looking and what specs do i need to bear in mind for compatability is diameters and what not.

many thanks in advance
Old 24 October 2014, 09:52 AM
drummog
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not good news. I have a 2006 Hawkeye SportWagon not the turbo. At 6 years old both back boxes were passed it.

None of the motor factors or exhaust centres did a standard replacement,

Subaru was circa £1,000 fitted.

Subaru UK offered their own stainless system both back boxes £700 fitted if I remeber.

The noise from the Subaru UK stainless system was just a joke. At constant revs ir drowned and if you accelarate hard it was just far to noisey.

Subaru replaced it with a new standard carbon steel system for no charge after telling them it was pants.

A Forrester owner friend with the same age of car and non turbo went to a local stainless centre in Fife who make up systems to fit cars and was very impressed with the end product.

Cost circa £500.