Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

*****Christmas ESOC Pub Meet 2016*****

Old 14 November 2016, 08:44 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking *****Christmas ESOC Pub Meet 2016*****

Name:  christmas_pub_meet16_zpsd4fn2983.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  162.8 KB

A massive thank you to Rob for taking the time to create the lovely flyer. Always appreciated. (And no, I didn’t hold a gun to his head, he chose it all by himself )

Christmas comes early at the ESOC and with just under 4 weeks to go, I figured now would be as good a time as ever to present you with our final Pub Meet of 2016.

We have been known to decorate cars for these December meets in the past, -'we' being 'me' if last year was anything to go by - seeing the addition of tinsel, fairy lights and baubles.

However, those who choose to do this should be mindful and be sure to abide by road safety laws and common sense.

**Do not attach anything to your cars that could prove a distraction or a potential hazard to other road users.
Do not obscure your own vision or attach anything that could come flying off and potentially hit another person/vehicle.
In addition, you should be wary of how you fix things to your cars. Cellotape can bring the paint off if not careful and isn't advised.
Be careful not to place anything plastic such as fairy lights or other decorations where they could get hot and possibly melt.
There's a fine line between having a little fun and ruining your car- it’s just not worth it. **

I would advise that if anyone wants to decorate their cars, they do so in the car park and then remove said decor before embarking on their trip home.
Failing that, stick to the use of shop-bought decorations designed to be used specifically on cars (reindeer antlers and plushy nose spring to mind)
*Rob, I will allow the neons on this occasion, but only red and green.

If you don't want to violate the car- you can always embarrass yourself instead! Ugly christmas jumpers, silly antlers and santa hats...you get the jist. It's just a little fun but by no means a requirement.

Hopefully the weather will be kind to us but please remember that we have plenty of room and warmth in the pub should it be a little on the chilly side -'tiz December after all!-and of course if it turns out to be quite a nice day there's plenty of room outside thanks to the spacious garden.

This family owned pub offers freshly prepared hot and cold food (served from 12-2pm) as well as a nice children friendly area for all the mini ESOC members.

As ever, there is an opportunity to discuss upcoming events and shows that people might be interested in attending as a group, plus any plans for 2017.

I know there have been a few new faces cropping up so far this year, along with a resurface of a few familiar names; so newbies and vets, come and make yourself known!

Don't forget that that those wishing to purchase our rather snazzy club decals can do so on the day, just come and see me.

13:00pm Saturday 10th December
The Rodney Inn
North Hill
Little Baddow
Chelmsford.
CM3 4TQ

Now, the boring part. Please don't act in any form of stupidity, i.e. testing your exhaust loudness, donuts, burnouts. etc.
Anyone caught acting in this manner will be dealt with in certain ways which can lead to being asked to leave the venue. SN accepts no responsibility for anyone's driving style.

Right, now that's done. Lets get some names down.

"Christmas!? Where??!"

Name:  tumblr_nzitnuqJLt1s02vreo2_500_zpswahpev1v.gif
Size:  1.67 MB
Old 14 November 2016, 01:35 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

1. Scout1982 (subject to there being no salt on the roads)
Old 15 November 2016, 01:12 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Me and the neons are a 'maybe'. Girlfriends birthday on Sunday so will see how it wobbles lol
Old 15 November 2016, 02:51 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might be there, although it will be in the "daily" as the tax ran out on the Scoob at the end of October and it's currently SORN as it's unlikely to get much use over the winter.
Old 15 November 2016, 09:15 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scout1982
1. Scout1982 [B](subject to there being no salt on the roads)
Only on your chips in the pub.
It's always weather dependant this time of year
Hope to be there in the Furd.

JohnD
Old 15 November 2016, 09:20 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

1. Scout1982 (subject to there being no salt on the roads)
2. JohnD
Old 28 November 2016, 09:47 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

With just under 2 weeks to go, there doesn’t seem to be a great deal of interest for this particular gathering.

Is the general consensus one of maybe ‘giving this one a miss’?

I know winter time is always a gamble*, the weather plays a big part in deciding on the day what actually happens, but in previous years we have still seen some form of list materialising in the run-up.

This thread isn’t filling me with a great deal of confidence. I’m wondering if it would be better if we just skipped this one altogether, unless more names are put forward...

*For what it’s worth, going forwards into 2017, there will not be any winter-time meets between the months of October and February. (a revised timetable will be posted in the next few weeks, when I get a chance to write it up)
Old 28 November 2016, 10:31 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

Looks a bit quiet doesn't it?
Old 29 November 2016, 07:26 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by SirFozzalot
Looks a bit quiet doesn't it?
The whole forum has been particularly quiet of late but such is the nature of the beast when it gets to this time of the year.

I will let this thread run for another week, but if there are no more names then I will cancel this one.
I’ve been trying to avoid a repeat performance of 2015, which saw some months only managing 2-3 people as it can often cause more harm than good.

I wouldn't want to end this year on a bum note as it's not good for club morale. That said, 2017 will be the clincher I think.
Old 29 November 2016, 06:01 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I'm hoping to do more in my Scoob next year, so might be worth looking at increasing it to a monthly meet in the summer months.
Old 29 November 2016, 06:03 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I also thinks it's forums in general. Facebook is taking over.

Personally I prefer a forum but I can see the attraction of the easy access of Facebook, particularly when out and about.
Old 30 November 2016, 08:52 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Just out of interest, I was at the 'Empire Diner' on the A12 (formally the 8 Ball Diner) the other day and saw that the 'Essex Scooby Crew' have a regular meet there. I wonder how many attend this?
It would be a terrible shame to cancel the Crimbo meet as for the first time in a year, I've got something worth going in! I've got the Bing Crosby Christmas songs CD and my very embarrassing seasonal jumper all ready

JohnD
Old 01 December 2016, 07:47 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
It would be a terrible shame to cancel the Crimbo meet as for the first time in a year, I've got something worth going in! I've got the Bing Crosby Christmas songs CD and my very embarrassing seasonal jumper all ready

JohnD
Yes, it would be a shame to have to cancel it John, but at the same time I don't like the idea of you turning up to a deserted car park either and I fear that is potentially what you would be getting

I can completely appreciate your frustrations. You have waited a long time for your RS and you understandably want to show it off. I wish I could at least be there to guarantee you wouldn't be alone, but I already know I won't be able to attend owing to work commitments this month.

Maybe this one just wasn't meant to be.
Old 03 December 2016, 03:56 PM
stealthbomber
Scooby Regular

Sorry all. I won't be able to make it, work life balance has swung the other way. Potentially could call in if I have spare time on the day.
Old 03 December 2016, 06:13 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee
Yes, it would be a shame to have to cancel it John, but at the same time I don't like the idea of you turning up to a deserted car park either and I fear that is potentially what you would be getting

I can completely appreciate your frustrations. You have waited a long time for your RS and you understandably want to show it off. I wish I could at least be there to guarantee you wouldn't be alone, but I already know I won't be able to attend owing to work commitments this month.

Maybe this one just wasn't meant to be.
It was more the thought of standing in a deserted car park wearing the most tacky crimbo jumper with 'White Christmas' blaring from the car stereo!

JohnD
Old 04 December 2016, 03:11 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

I'll be there if it's still on...although I'm sorry John, I won't have a Christmas jumper on
Old 05 December 2016, 07:45 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Default ~CANCELLING THE CANCELLATION~

As there is more than one ‘definite’ person going then I won’t cancel it.

Granted it isn’t set to be one of the biggest turn-outs of our history but as we have seen in previous months, it all comes down to the weather on the day. Maybe Saturday might surprise us all.

So, with that said, we have just under a week to go- Anymore takers?? Get your names down!

1. Scout1982 (tbc)
2. JohnD (come hell or high water)
3. SirFozzalot (tbc)
4. Rab555

Last edited by Frizzle-Dee; 05 December 2016 at 07:46 AM. Reason: Because I can
Old 06 December 2016, 04:52 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Oh dear..............As I assumed it wasn't going to happen I've made arrangements to undertake an annual Christmas trip that I'd originally planned for the next weekend so, I can't make this one after all! (At least I won't be wearing that awful jumper!)
See you in the new year.

JohnD
Old 06 December 2016, 04:56 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JohnD
Oh dear..............As I assumed it wasn't going to happen I've made arrangements to undertake an annual Christmas trip that I'd originally planned for the next weekend so, I can't make this one after all! (At least I won't be wearing that awful jumper!)
See you in the new year.

JohnD
Lol, can't win 'em all

Have an awesome Christmas John, see you in the New Year!
Old 06 December 2016, 05:11 PM
JustGeorge
Scooby Newbie

Newbie here. As long as it's not cancelled, I'll be popping along for an hour in hope of meeting a few friendly faces. Recently bought my blob eye wrx, pictured in the 'chavtastic' thread

George
Old 06 December 2016, 06:53 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by JustGeorge
Newbie here. As long as it's not cancelled, I'll be popping along for an hour in hope of meeting a few friendly faces. Recently bought my blob eye wrx, pictured in the 'chavtastic' thread

George
Welcome along George!

I can't promise it'll be the biggest turn out but it might surprise you. Hopefully a quiet meet won't put you off joining us in the future.

1. Scout1982 (tbc)
2. SirFozzalot (tbc)
3. Rab555
4. JustGeorge
Old 06 December 2016, 07:27 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Well.... George I'll be there for a bit, hopefully some others will appear too

We can talk about GB270 spoilers, stickers, roof scoops and neons with no one to complain lol!

Name:  E1249A83-CEA4-467B-AD62-C63C2060449D_zpswqanziy4.jpg
Size:  274.9 KB

Last edited by Rab555; 06 December 2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06 December 2016, 07:37 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Looking good, Rob
Old 07 December 2016, 03:49 PM
spannersmc
Scooby Regular

Hi myself and my son and my buddy mark hope to pop down on saturday as my buddy mark has just bought a 2014 sti so we are looking forward to meet fellow scooby nuts like us , just wondered whats the best time to pop down thanks
Old 07 December 2016, 03:52 PM
SirFozzalot
Scooby Regular

I won't be there after all. Sorry guys, see you in the new year.
Old 07 December 2016, 07:58 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by spannersmc
Hi myself and my son and my buddy mark hope to pop down on saturday as my buddy mark has just bought a 2014 sti so we are looking forward to meet fellow scooby nuts like us , just wondered whats the best time to pop down thanks
We are normally there from 1pm for a couple hours mate. It's destined to be a quiet one but look forward to seeing you there
Old 08 December 2016, 10:52 PM
Rab555
Scooby Regular

Everything seems to be against this meet! Just checked the weather forecast, might be worth bringing umbrellas lol
Old 09 December 2016, 08:50 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

I saw that. You couldn't make it up could you! Its the ONLY day of the week where its going to rain.
Old 09 December 2016, 01:38 PM
scout1982
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Rab555
Everything seems to be against this meet! Just checked the weather forecast, might be worth bringing umbrellas lol

At least it will wash away some of the salt off the roads! Always look on the bright side!
Old 10 December 2016, 12:52 PM
trotters1
Scooby Regular

Might pop along but wont be in scooby. Dirty weather here but no rain as such just a fine mist at mo

Search this Thread