Notices
Essex Subaru Owners Club The official dedicated forum for Essex Subaru Owners Club Events.

*****August ESOC Pub Meet*****

Old 22 August 2015, 07:45 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default *****August ESOC Pub Meet*****

Apologies, no photo to present at this time.

Apologies for the delay getting the thread up, i decided to help out this month and get the thread up, seems im not responsible enough for such a task.

ANNOUNCEMENT:
As some of you are aware, the future of the monthly meet in its current setup has been looking bleak for quite some time now. It seems, with great regret, a mutual decision between members who have spoken out has been made to cease the meets at the Rodney. Originally i, myself suggested making August the final one, however after some consideration of the possible weather and conferring with others, September seems more pliable as a FINAL meet for the club at the Rodney to allow more notice giving members a chance to free up the date in hope of gaining as much attendance as possible. Speaking Personally and for everyone else who has ever attended, i would like to Thank Paul and his parents for all organisation to make the monthly meet what it once was and still is by providing the venue and time for our club.

Now then after the sad news, onto the purpose of the post...

Hopefully with the warmer weather still here-ish we will see another busy meet this month.

Please remember we have plenty of room and warmth in the pub if the weather is bad, and food and warm drinks are always available for anyone who is hungry. Of course if the weather is good we have plenty of room in the gardens.

Let's see if we can continue with the great attendance at this months meet and again provide a warm welcome to all the new owners that can make it.

There is also the opportunity to discuss any upcoming events or shows that anyone is interested in attending with the club. Also please feel free to suggest any shows or events for us all to attend as a club that you may have in mind.

The family owned pub offers fresh home prepared food hot & cold (food is served from 12 - 2pm) as well as a nice children friendly area for all the mini Esoc members.

13:00pm Saturday 29th August

The Rodney Inn
North Hill
Little Baddow
Chelmsford
Cm3 4tq.

Now the boring part. Please dont act in any form of stupidity i.e testing your exhaust loudness, donuts, burnouts etc. Any one caught or been reported to acting in this manner will be dealt with in certain ways which can lead to being asked to leave the venue. SN accepts no responsibilty for anyones driving style.

Right now thats done lets get some names down. Newbies come and make yourself known to us.
Old 22 August 2015, 07:46 PM
DantheMan2605
Scooby Regular

1. DantheMan
Old 24 August 2015, 08:50 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

Unhappy

Sad times. And the weather isn't set to be all that this weekend which is a shame.

I think it's a good idea to make September the last meet as opposed to this month. With it being a Bank Holiday weekend this Saturday, a lot of people may well have other commitments.

I would like to second Dan in thanking Paul and his family for all their hard work and dedication (not to mention patience) over the years. It was very good of them to sacrifice the space to accommodate us all. I've said it before and I'll say it again. The Rodney is a lovely little pub and I would recommend it to anyone-Subaru owner or not.

Is there any chance the flag may be able to make an appearance for the final meet in September? I think I've only seen that thing used a couple of times!

Name:  esoc_zpsfamjuvgz.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  126.6 KB

Maybe we could get some blue and white bunting to match? (..although I can't actually remember off the top of my head whether there would be anywhere to hang it..)
I'm trying to think of other ideas of ways we can make the last meet an 'extra special' event but without encroaching too much on Paul's family.

Anyone else have any ideas?

With regards to August. I hope to make this. But if not- I'll definitely be there for the final one in September.
Old 24 August 2015, 08:51 AM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

1. DantheMan
2. Frizzle-Dee
Old 24 August 2015, 09:59 AM
Luckystrike
Scooby Regular

1. DantheMan
2. Frizzle-Dee
3. Luckystrike

Old 24 August 2015, 09:10 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Annoyingly, I can't make this months meet as I'm up in Lincolnshire at the Model flying championships.
OK, so the attendance at the monthly meets have been sparse lately, but giving up the Rodney pretty well guarantees the death of the group? Unless something has been said by the management, why give up on something that's established?(Please don't even think about a Tesco car park or some MaccyD)
I certainly hope to get to the Sept. meet. See you there.

JohnD
Old 25 August 2015, 12:15 PM
frayz
Essex Area Moderator
Support Scoobynet!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Im on my stag weekend im afraid, apologies.
Old 26 August 2015, 08:57 PM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Name:  PubMeet_August2015%20copy_zpsg5t10tng.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  481.4 KB

Hi guys i hope everyone is well.

I just want to clarify that this has nothing to do with my mum and dad at the pub. They are more than happy for the meets to continue and I know they enjoy meeting everyone and have never had any issues with the club.

Unfortunately I Just dont have the time between my job and Logan to be able to commit. I know that posting a thread does not take much but that is how busy I have become.

I would like to personally thank Rob for all the fliers that he has done for us and to all the people that have attended the meet over the last few years.

I am just truly sorry I dont have the spare time to commit the the meets any more.

I hope that we all manage to meet up from time to time and we dont all loose contact.

I can confirm that my Impreza is going nowhere and I actually pck up my new interior this week which originated in probably this clubs most most famous car!
Old 28 August 2015, 08:54 PM
Luckystrike
Scooby Regular

Is it just the three of us then?! Any more takers?!
Old 29 August 2015, 09:53 AM
trotters1
Scooby Regular

1. DantheMan
2. Frizzle-Dee
3. Luckystrike
4: trotters1

we'll be there in the scooby
Old 29 August 2015, 10:31 AM
Scoobysmeet
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

I'll be there today as well.
Old 29 August 2015, 04:23 PM
Frizzle-Dee
Scooby Regular

It was nice to see some familiar faces today and the weather decided to be kind to us after all.

Hope to see you all again in September.

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend
Old 29 August 2015, 08:52 PM
Luckystrike
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Frizzle-Dee
It was nice to see some familiar faces today and the weather decided to be kind to us after all.

Hope to see you all again in September.

Enjoy the rest of your Bank Holiday weekend
Echoing the above.

Apologies we couldn't stay too long but we're glad we left when we did as the weather didn't stay kind later!

Honestly speaking I would love to see these 'more personal' meets continue, but if they don't, I will see you for the last one next month
Old 31 August 2015, 08:51 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good to hear it went well. Hope to be at the next one.

JohnD