Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

Bluetooth OBD fails

Search this Thread

Old 04 May 2015, 07:35 PM
marc lee
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bluetooth OBD fails

Evening guys and gals, iv successfully got a laptop setup to diagnose and log my performance data on my 03 WRX via OBD port. Iv also bought a mini ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adaptor paired with my galaxy S4 for a super cool HUD display on my dash. now i really want this feature to work for more than a few reasons, but it won't receive star from the ECU. iv Google the **** out of it and maybe iv bought the wrong one? I'm sure it's not a faulty adaptor as it's connecting with my phone. Do you guys think i need the original OBD and not OBD2? i thought my car is OBD2?? help please
Old 05 May 2015, 08:45 PM
fatboy_coach
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by marc lee
Evening guys and gals, iv successfully got a laptop setup to diagnose and log my performance data on my 03 WRX via OBD port. Iv also bought a mini ELM327 OBD2 bluetooth adaptor paired with my galaxy S4 for a super cool HUD display on my dash. now i really want this feature to work for more than a few reasons, but it won't receive star from the ECU. iv Google the **** out of it and maybe iv bought the wrong one? I'm sure it's not a faulty adaptor as it's connecting with my phone. Do you guys think i need the original OBD and not OBD2? i thought my car is OBD2?? help please
What app are you using on the phone? Can you adjust the baud rate or settings of the BT adapter in the phone settings?
Old 07 May 2015, 12:15 AM
bludgod
Scooby Regular

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

your car is OBD2 and the ELM327 bluetoof jobbies should do the job nicely.

You have to pair with the ELM327 first then launch torque and make sure torq is set to use the same adapter.