Notices
Engine Management and ECU Remapping This section is to discuss the various aspects of engine management modification for your Subaru.

TOTAL FAILURE!!!

Old 20 November 2014, 09:15 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
It was the fuel pump!!!

Apparently there was a small number of Scoobyworx 290 pumps that were faulty. I got a new one sent out, and the garage fitted it yesterday. They took it for a decent test drive, then I took it out for a good drive last night, and it seems to be running completely normally again. So I'm really hopeful that's it and I won't have any more issues.

A couple of things I want to say:

I know he has received praise on here before, but I just want to say that, over the last week, I have received the best customer service from Scoobyworx (Darrell) that I have ever experienced in my life. I first emailed him last Friday at about 11.30pm (after reading a post on here about someone experiencing something very similar to me, and that, for him, the problem turned out to be the Scoobyworx 290 fuel pump) and Darrell replied within 10 minutes... at almost midnight on a Friday night! He also despatched a replacement pump in record time, no arguments whatsoever!

Next, if any of you ever get used to your Scoob's power and forget how much fun they are to drive, hire a 1.4 Corsa from Enterprise for a week! With it being practically off-the-road for two weeks, getting back into my Impreza last night and feeling that boost kick in resulted in one serious brain boner!

Cheers for all your posts!
Creepy
I think that was me you was referring to I did have a problem with the pump.Luckily I didn't send it in for a map.Im going for a map in January with all my mods ready.I went back to my old fuel pump in the end only because I use the car every day and worried about it happening again.
Old 20 November 2014, 09:22 PM
Rick2014
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Uncle Creepy
Hi Bob. Thanks for your post and the suggestions.

"I have had nine pumps now with the S-Worx pump for mapping and none of the pumps were working in a correct way"

So do you think it's likely that the new pump I had fitted last week is also defective, and will fail soon like the last one, despite the fact it appears to be working ok? Should I just bite the bullet and purchase a Roger Clark or HRC pump?

"when it just stops it's likely to be too late"

The first Scoobyworx pump that I had, which was fitted in July, did suddenly just stop working, at which time I started this thread. So do you think damage could've been caused these past few months?

Cheers.
I carnt believe you have gone through 9 pumps I though I was bad with 1
Old 20 November 2014, 09:40 PM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick2014
I carnt believe you have gone through 9 pumps I though I was bad with 1
That was 9 in total from the bad batch all with separate customers which Bob Rawle was mapping, it wasn't 9 pumps all with the OP.

They were all replaced with good pumps from a replacement batch.

As mentioned Ive just sent a batch of our pumps of for testing with the company who supply the certain branded fuel pumps which we all know are the best on the market.

Our pumps are going to increase slightly in price to cover the increased costs to us as each batch of pumps we recieve from our supplier will be sent of to our testing company who note the batch and serial number each pump. They then are tested at 50psi 60psi and 70psi for flow into pressure amongst other things. What this means is any pump which leaves us to go to a customer has been through testing in the UK and we know is flowing as it should be. This gives piece of mind to our customers that they are buying a pump which is tested and quality controlled in the UK and known to be a high quality product performing as it should. Obviously this process will make sure that going forward if there was bad batch it wont ever make it onto our shelves as it would be pulled during testing

Additional to this we are adding their 340lph pump to our range branded as an SWRD. This will be our premium pump and will be available soon.

Our pumps will continue to carry the 2 year warranty giving you piece of mind that we stand by the quality and performance of our pumps.

We spend a lot of time sourcing high quality products and are always trying to improve where possible. We wont add anything to our SWRD brand if we arnt happy with the quality. Its taken us a long time to build the reputation we have and we don't plan on that slipping.

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 26 November 2014 at 11:59 AM.
Old 21 November 2014, 09:10 PM
Uncle Creepy
Scooby Regular

Last edited by Uncle Creepy; 04 September 2015 at 09:59 PM.
Old 26 November 2014, 10:12 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

We now have a conclusion to this matter

As we pride our SWRD branded products as been high end ive decided to pull our remaining stock of 255 and 290 pumps as they have caused me a headache recently with a small number of customers having issues with the recent batch we had from our suppliers as we know.

I have gone back to my supplier and not had the support I believe I should have got regarding these so i have cut ties with them.

We have had a excellent day yesterday with a new supplier going through testing our pumps and seeing their pumps in testing as well as some new market leading products which will be released next year.

We have now released a new range of pumps the first of which is already in stock and on our website

The SWRD "colossus" 340lph RRP on these pumps is £109.99 and forum members still get 10% discount.

http://www.scoobyworx.com/swrd-colos...ump-2295-p.asp

They are all individually tested in the UK at 50psi, 60psi and 70psi before been put into stock and serial number so are fully traceable.

They come with full fitting kit as before

Last edited by Darrell@Scoobyworx; 26 November 2014 at 10:36 AM.
Old 26 November 2014, 10:30 AM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow Darrell. I dig your customer-oriented business acumen and consciousness.

You sure as hell set a fine example, that's for sure. Great integrity.

Last edited by joz8968; 26 November 2014 at 10:31 AM.
Old 26 November 2014, 10:38 AM
Darrell@Scoobyworx
Authorised Trader

Originally Posted by joz8968
Wow Darrell. I dig your customer-oriented business acumen and consciousness.

You sure as hell set a fine example, that's for sure. Great integrity.

Ive spent a long time building my business and i don't want its reputation to take a hit.

Product quality is paramount to us and the contact i gained over these new pumps is massive for us in more than one way.

We will also be offering in house pump testing next year as we are buying one of their test rigs.
Old 26 November 2014, 12:10 PM
joz8968
Scooby Regular

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

All power to you. You deserve your success.