Drivetrain Gearbox, Diffs & Driveshafts etc

Vibrating around 2000 revs

Search this Thread

Old 21 October 2016, 03:38 PM
G Gs subs
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vibrating around 2000 revs

Hi guys, had my car about 2 weeks now. What I noticed was either during deceleration or changing gears I.e going into 4th at 30mph there's a vibration from the bottom of the car, I believe it could be the difference. Amy ideas? Or is this normal?
Old 06 November 2016, 10:54 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

Default revs

hi my Scooby is the same , 4th at 30 is not good 4th at 40 is better. just push the revs slightly more,
important before going up a steep hill or engine may bottom out causing much vibration , then change into 4th . something to do with ratios of diff I think.
Old 07 November 2016, 04:25 AM
G Gs subs
Scooby Newbie

Ok that's ok then. What about under heavy braking? I was going down the motorway the other day an i had to brake quite heavily but the vibration was so bad I eased off the break to let it wind down on its own. Is this normal across all 4 wheel drives or just a subaru?
Old 07 November 2016, 12:46 PM
sssssteeeee
Scooby Regular

if u were braking hard enough it sounds like abs kicked in ... so other than checking your wheel bolts are tight I wouldn't be to worried , try braking with normal pressure that is with moderate force , if u stand hard and push your abs will come into effect causing a strong vibration through brake pedal.