clutch problems : slipping already

Search this Thread

Old 02 March 2015, 05:07 PM
joshnosh
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clutch problems : slipping already

hi all
so around 10 months ago i felt my clutch was quite high so i decided to get it replaced.

i got an exceedy blue, new anti judder plate, bearing and lightweight flywheel
from aztech performance

after it was replaced the bite point was almost the same, quite high and didn't take much movement to get it to slip under power but it didn't hi-light as a concern

then just as it started to get cold a few months back the clutch was getting sticky. i came out a couple mornings to find the peddle on the floor. pulling it back to the top caused the bite point to come back up aswell

my mechanic said he would change the slave cylinder. he had great difficulty bleeding it and (despite me advising otherwise) he bleed it with it on the car so the nipple was not at the highest point.

for the last couple months driving around fine again since then however a couple weeks back it started slipping a little.

iv noticed it wont slip at all if i put my foot under the peddle. when the clutch comes back up it wount complete that last 10mm of travel. this being the last 2mm or so of movement on the clutch fork

i fully bled (properly, not with the slave on the car) the whole system on sunday. a fair bit of air came out but its made no difference at all

iv also tried adjusting the peddle so that the return spring is trying to pull the peddle up all the time but its made no difference

next up is the master cylinder to change.

sorry for the long post, now the questions:

dose anyone know what's going on with my car?
is it possible the clutch was fitted wrong some how?

can it be that worn out in 10k miles?

is my mechanic to blame at all? or is it just bad luck?

if i have to change the clutch which bits will need to be changed? just the clutch? or friction plate? bearings? will the flywheel be ok?
Old 17 December 2015, 04:36 PM
4u2nv2
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

was your new clutch a set? pressure plate, clutch, and release bearing 3 parts + your fly wheel