Subaru Discussion Forums

Go Back   ScoobyNet > Community > Computer & Technology Related
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Welcome to ScoobyNet.com!
Subaru forum
Welcome to the ScoobyNet.com Subaru forum.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Old 21 December 2004, 13:53   #1
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Trader Score: (0)
Default Williams Defender for PC??

Anyone know if the original verison exists for normal PC's and if so how where to download it from??

Found a zip file that I can open but from there on I am lost (no I'm not in IT )

If anyone can tell me a good place to find the game, then any techy tips as to how it w**ks would be most grateful!!

Rich
RichWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2004, 13:56   #2
jasey
Scooby Senior

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichWalk
Anyone know if the original verison exists for normal PC's and if so how where to download it from??

Found a zip file that I can open but from there on I am lost (no I'm not in IT )

If anyone can tell me a good place to find the game, then any techy tips as to how it w**ks would be most grateful!!

Rich
www.mame.net should help
jasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2004, 14:22   #3
RichWalk
Scooby Regular

Cheers Jasey, had a look but I cant even w**k out which d/load to select- using win98se
RichWalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2004, 14:23   #4
Brendan Hughes
Scooby Regular

The only video game that I was ever any good at on the BBC Micro. (Crap at the arcade version though, never had enough practice with the controls).

Could probably get it on my P910 somehow...
Brendan Hughes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2004, 14:32   #5
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Cool

I have it, plus 3000 other arcade games. MAME32 is the thing that plays (emulates) them. You need all the ROMS too. Getting MAME is easy, the ROMS are a little harder to come by.

And yes, it's still as good as you remember

Geezer
Geezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 December 2004, 14:34   #6
jasey
Scooby Senior

Quote:
Cheers Jasey, had a look but I cant even w**k out which d/load to select- using win98se
I'd try here

http://www.mameworld.net/downloads/downloads.html

Go for the Windows GUI One .
jasey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 December 2004, 15:11   #7
MrShades
Scooby Regular

If you want the easiest possible access to the proper Williams Defender game, then try here:

http://www.shockwave.com/sw/content/defender

This is a browser based shockwave implementation - that looks perfect (well, it looks like it's using the Williams ROMs anyway).

All you'll need is a web-browser and Shockwave installed.... and off you go.

Enjoy!

Shades
MrShades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2004, 08:24   #8
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Williams actually released a cd called 'arcade classics' for the PC some time ago which you should get for a tenner released by replay if I remember correctly, ive had mine ages its got defender, robotron, joust and stargate (defender 2) and as you may imagine it is absolutely spot on, just as friggin nigh on impossible as the original!!!
GaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2004, 14:04   #9
Dazza's-STi
Scooby Regular

Send a message via MSN to Dazza's-STi
Thumbs up

Quote:

Rich
send me a PM and i'll either mail it you if your MB is big enough or you can download it from me!

Dazza

TOP game...
Dazza's-STi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2004, 14:34   #10
GaryK
Scooby Regular

Ive found the Williams CD the exe (all you need to play) is just 73KB!!! yep thats kilobytes not megabytes.
GaryK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 December 2004, 14:34

Tags
computer, defender, download, downloads, free, gaes, game, mame, nes, net, pc, rom, scooby, shockwave, stargate, video, williams