Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Snubbed by Nokia

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2017, 10:57 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts
Default Snubbed by Nokia

I was eyeing one of these up http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38546676 probably too expensive but quite likely good.
Old 08 January 2017, 11:34 AM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

That's a phone you would never want to get at launch as that's going to drop quite drastically in price when it's sales don't reach what they expect. They may of been good phones years ago but so was blackberry.
Old 08 January 2017, 05:24 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I had one of the last true Nokias, got it from a sponsorship deal, the software was awful but the hardware was excellent... saying that it ended up with its guts pulled out via the sim card slot within a year or so.

I suspect their own software then Microsofts was what shafted them, any monkey can install Android on good hardware. Fingers crossed they don't mess around with it too much.
Old 08 January 2017, 06:51 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I had Ericsson at this time ( stylish alternative to Nokia, and still very much alive ) , this was way before big jobs decided to emulate Lg and cram a computer onto mobile telephone platform
Old 08 January 2017, 07:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You're still hanging onto the dream that your old Prada brick was somehow copied by Apple aren't you. More likely the other way round.
Old 08 January 2017, 08:00 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I loved my little Ericsson flip phone, I think it was early gsm and it was so small people thought I was talking to my hand. I was a bit of a **** at the time I'm sure, think Dom Joly.
Old 08 January 2017, 08:32 PM
stevebt
Scooby Regular

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by JackClark
I loved my little Ericsson flip phone, I think it was early gsm and it was so small people thought I was talking to my hand. I was a bit of a **** at the time I'm sure, think Dom Joly.

My 1st phone was a Sony on the analogue network where when someone answered your call and hung up that odd second cost you £1. Happy days when mobile contracts really were expensive I remember if you didnt get my phone it was a house phone with a car battery and £4 a minute