Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

Apple iPhone 7...the Walled off computer

Search this Thread

Old 23 September 2016, 10:45 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DoZZa
You accuse me of being a digital pirate! lol, idiot.

Why would anybody wish to store TB's of pirated content on their own storage when it can be streamed legally via a server in the Netherlands?!

Just goes to show how limited your technical knowledge actually is my poor deluded friend.

Stick to your wonderful Time Capsule with its single non-redundant drive, but its OK, your data is in the cloud for anyone to look at if they so wish.

Try more like over 100TB of storage, but its not used to store pirated content, **** or anything else you want to dream up. Stop dreaming!

Used for perfectly legitimate business reasons, backup being one, and the rest is none of your business!

He is probably happy streaming with Apple TV and his capsule thingy with 1TB.

Synology NAS soultions are infinetely more powerful and resourceful than anything Apple offer.

Of course Jack will disagree. like he has been doing with anything said against the bitten Apple he loves so much.

Last edited by toffee_pie; 23 September 2016 at 10:47 PM.
Old 23 September 2016, 10:57 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Originally Posted by JackClark
"Again, the data is not stored at home, why are you both saying that?"

When I asked if you had 10TB at home you replied

"Try more like over 100TB of storage, but its not used to store pirated content, **** or anything else you want to dream up. Stop dreaming!"

So I'd say it was an easy mistake on our part.

Stop being so angry, it's not healthy. I told you I had no need for RAID at home and that's true, I also with a pretty obvious stab at humour asked if you were a pirate too. That's nothing to get all ranty about, chill out and enjoy your drones.
No one is angry here it seems only you, trying in vain to repute anything negative said against Apple and what they make.

It is no great coincidence that DoZZa and myself both own Synology NAS systems and Android devices...We probably fall into the normal main stream consumer who sees Apple for who they are.

If you like limited and restricted hardware Apple 'just works' fine for people like you but not for most other normal people, ones who can see beyond the brainwashing and manipulating corporation that is Apple themselves.
Old 23 September 2016, 11:37 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

I don't repute "anything negative" I refute bull**** and idiocy.

You still haven't told me in what way I'm restricted? I certainly don't feel restricted.

Having a NAS device at home is common, as is Android, I have a great friend who has the same, we call him Bluebeard.

Your views are in the dark ages, it's a bit weird.

With incredible timing a brainwashing ad just came on TV "Can never do that with a Mac" Bull**** Microsoft Ad. Samsung are all over everything, video games, Olympics, you name it, they're brainwashing. Apple, nothing but a keynote as far as I can tell then endless salt from people like you.
Old 23 September 2016, 11:51 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

blah blah blah

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ages-stolen-i/

Might want to check the security on your Apple storage.

Samsung manufacture goods, in actual production lines made by Samsung Engineers for the most part and sell everything from white goods to AC units and everything inbetween.

Apple are reliant on assembly partners for almost everything they make, they excel in marketing what they do sell, which is mostly inferior to the competion and far too restrictive for most people.

Take a Samsung TV, i can use any hard drive to attach to its numerous USB hubs and watch any media I like (without using itunes or other nonsense), I can connect to it with any wifi router I see fit, using a BT TV set top box is plane sailing, Attaching a Sony Amp is easy peasy also, software on its smart tv apps is not limited to ones from Samsung, I can use Plex for instance and use that Plex App on a mobile phone made from LG, or Sony...or anyone else.

You probably dont see where I am getting to here, thats because Apple have you smitten.

Last edited by toffee_pie; 23 September 2016 at 11:53 PM.
Old 24 September 2016, 01:06 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Oh gawd, a password of a celeb gets 'hacked' and my storage needs checking, that's out there.

Apple not only design the best chips on the market, leaps ahead, they also produce an entire operating system, I'd say that's more effort than a production line, not that Apple don't invest heavily in production.

I don't understand the TV bit, I have a Samsung too, works great with Apple products, Plex, yup that works too.

I still don't see the restriction, just more flogiston.
Old 24 September 2016, 08:52 AM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by toffee_pie
Apple are reliant on assembly partners for almost everything they make, they excel in marketing what they do sell, which is mostly inferior to the competion and far too restrictive for most people.

Take a Samsung TV, i can use any hard drive to attach to its numerous USB hubs and watch any media I like (without using itunes or other nonsense), I can connect to it with any wifi router I see fit, using a BT TV set top box is plane sailing, Attaching a Sony Amp is easy peasy also, software on its smart tv apps is not limited to ones from Samsung, I can use Plex for instance and use that Plex App on a mobile phone made from LG, or Sony...or anyone else.
Except for the fact Apple stuff isn't as restrictive as the open source (that was tongue in cheek by the way, before you get all excitable) portions of the Internet would have you believe.
Old 24 September 2016, 09:42 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I'm restricted from installing malicious software, have to jump through all sorts of hoops to install something that hasn't been at least screened by the App Store. I don't bother any more and don't miss it.
Old 24 September 2016, 01:49 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Oh gawd, a password of a celeb gets 'hacked' and my storage needs checking, that's out there.

Apple not only design the best chips on the market, leaps ahead, they also produce an entire operating system, I'd say that's more effort than a production line, not that Apple don't invest heavily in production.

I don't understand the TV bit, I have a Samsung too, works great with Apple products, Plex, yup that works too.

You dont see the restriction with using Apple products, makes sense to me, Thats the way Apple want it.
Old 24 September 2016, 02:12 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

TSMC / Samsung make the 'best' chips on the Market, for Apple.
Old 24 September 2016, 03:07 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

TSMC / Samsung make the 'best' chips on the Market, for Apple.
Yup, they both do what they're told or they get the sack.
Old 24 September 2016, 03:13 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You dont see the restriction with using Apple products, makes sense to me, Thats the way Apple want it.
I see some things I can do on an Android phone but not iPhone like Dilbert themes, loading dodgy apps and icons with flames and I see some things on the iPhone that you can't do on Android like 3d touch, handoff and continuity. There are some restrictions I'm very happy to have.
Old 24 September 2016, 07:35 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Yup, they both do what they're told or they get the sack.
it helps if they are paid a shed load of $$$$$$$$$.
Old 24 September 2016, 10:04 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

With incredible timing a brainwashing ad just came on TV "Can never do that with a Mac" Bull**** Microsoft Ad.
Jack I reckon you should post a video on here of you doing on your mac what the advert says you can't do on a mac. That would certainly shut all the heretics and infidels up

I for one can't wait for your video because so many people have told me that macs are awesome for graphics.

Last edited by Wurzel; 24 September 2016 at 10:05 PM.
Old 24 September 2016, 10:14 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Powerful GPUSs are out on non Apple machines too. I wont even spare me the effort but you can get a far more powerful PC rig for a fraction of what Apple would charge you, plus upgrading would be a doddle.

Therein lies the problem, £2k for a 2.5GHz 15" Macbook. Right

Nothing new with Apple, they have been charging over the odds for pretty much everything they ever sold.

My MSI laptop has a 15" 4k screen, 24GB of RAM, a 2.5GHz i7 CPU and a NVIDIA GTX980 GPU plus a few SSD hard disks and it certainly was no where near £2k.

Last edited by toffee_pie; 24 September 2016 at 10:17 PM.
Old 24 September 2016, 10:19 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

I can do it on my iPad.
Old 24 September 2016, 10:20 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Powerful GPUSs are out on non Apple machines too. I wont even spare me the effort but you can get a far more powerful PC rig for a fraction of what Apple would charge you, plus upgrading would be a doddle.

Therein lies the problem, £2k for a 2.5GHz 15" Macbook. Right

Nothing new with Apple, they have been charging over the odds for pretty much everything they ever sold.

My MSI laptop has a 15" 4k screen, 24GB of RAM, a 2.5GHz i7 CPU and a NVIDIA GTX980 GPU plus a few SSD hard disks and it certainly was no where near £2k.
TCO.
Old 25 September 2016, 08:27 PM
Wurzel
Scooby Senior

Received 73 Likes on 54 Posts
Cool

I can do it on my iPad.
So do it then, don't just talk about it.
Old 25 September 2016, 09:25 PM
bioforger
Scooby Regular

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/184558...adphone-jack/#

only iSheep could possibly fall for such a thing.
Old 25 September 2016, 09:32 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Originally Posted by bioforger
https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/184558...adphone-jack/#

only iSheep could possibly fall for such a thing.
posted that up already, not surprising is it.
Old 25 September 2016, 10:35 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

A fool is a fool no matter what. There was a bloke the other week who'd been out boasting to his mates about 3 days of battery life, came on here trying the same, didn't read the bit about partial charges not being included. Dumbass. I hear he's a meme on Reddit.
Old 25 September 2016, 10:54 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

A fool is a fool no matter what. There was a bloke the other week who'd been out boasting to his mates about 3 days of battery life, came on here trying the same, didn't read the bit about partial charges not being included. Dumbass. I hear he's a meme on Reddit.
haha

wally

hows this for battery life, better than 2 hours extra eh? and on a display that whoops the iPhone 7 into oblivion.

Old 25 September 2016, 11:09 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

~60% of battery left, not a recharge in sight and is that 3 days i see on the screen.

Pie??

Click image for larger version

Name:	ITgQ3Y1.jpg
Views:	0
Size:	1.64 MB
ID:	73705

Old 25 September 2016, 11:30 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

You've used the phone hardly at all, if at all. Either that or it's a clear demonstration of how taxing Android and your screen is. And who would take your word on battery life when the whole world says different, including owners. You know why you love fast charging? Because you need to charge a lot.

As for the screen, have a custard pie and come back next year, hopefully Samsung will have something close, maybe another dirty secret to fool you fandroids.
Old 25 September 2016, 11:37 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Jack you are deluded as ever, i have used the phone very well actually, been out all day with it so used data plenty of browsing and taking photos, even with 20% of battery left the ultra power saving mode (which reduces the resolution to iPhone levels), I will still get plenty run time...more than 2 hours for sure.

Apple can get away with offering 2 hours of extended run time as their fans have a tendency to drill holes in the products and will take whatever is thrown at them as being the best there is.

Apple will also probably use the OLED displays they are getting Samsung to make on the iPhone 8 next year. They might even have fast charging and wireless charging.

Fanboys, livin the dream.

Please dont go drilling 3.5mm holes in your device Jack, its a scam.

Last edited by toffee_pie; 26 September 2016 at 12:03 AM.
Old 26 September 2016, 12:32 PM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

omg , still repeating the same stuff 5 pages later
Old 26 September 2016, 01:17 PM
neil-h
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by dpb
omg , still repeating the same stuff 5 pages later
Of course, what else do you do when you're arguments that limited.
Old 27 September 2016, 10:19 PM
toffee_pie
BANNED

the only limited people are fanboys on here.

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...r-battery-life

looks like the iphone 7 struggles to get a day of juice. Compared that to the S7 I got which I have shown in pictures to get well over a day on a single charge, even more with ultra power mode.

And Apple talking BS as usual about 2 hours extra run time.

The iPhone 6 was already outdated upon launch, many of the next big things shouted by Apple never did happen for 2016 either. The iPhone 7 has made some ground but its still lacking in several areas.

http://uk.businessinsider.com/graphi...14-9?r=US&IR=T

Fret not, in 2017 Apple will (surely) have OLED displays and bigger batteries and extended run times that wont insult people. If they get fast & wireless charging that would be impressive.

Getting quite a few people comment on my S7 Edge, and it certainly looks the business and with the killer display and amazing camera its easy to see why its the top selling device of 2016 and it was launched quite a while back.

Last edited by toffee_pie; 27 September 2016 at 10:39 PM.
Old 27 September 2016, 11:59 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Another ****ty graph, let me help you with that one. 35 hours... if you don't use the device. That's nothing to shout about, just normal.

Glad you're still here, I thought you'd left us with no one to laugh at.
Old 28 September 2016, 09:11 AM
toffee_pie
BANNED

Another ****ty graph, let me help you with that one. 35 hours... if you don't use the device. That's nothing to shout about, just normal.

Glad you're still here, I thought you'd left us with no one to laugh at.
put a sock in it, must cry to see how bad the iPhone 7 is.

If you open your eyes a small bit, wince if you need to. It says based on average usage over 7 days. So you are implying I left my phone sit idle doing nothing for a week.

You are weak Jack, like the rest of the iSheep

You can always hope for better things with the iPhone 8.
Old 28 September 2016, 09:17 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results"

You keep trying to convince us that you have extraordinary battery life and the results are always the same, custard pie.

Who in their right mind would listen to you?

Quick Reply: Apple iPhone 7...the Walled off computer