Notices
Computer & Technology Related Post here for help and discussion of computing and related technology. Internet, TVs, phones, consoles, computers, tablets and any other gadgets.

iOS 8.1.1 available now

Search this Thread

Old 22 November 2014, 07:49 PM
Aaron1978
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ALi-B
Mine has done that since day one.

I just tap it on the top it coax it into the correct orientation. I still get teh odd upside down picture though.

Battery usage didn't say much...everything in the last 24hrs below 5% usage, so that draws a blank. Maybe its the battery, but its been OK today...on 64 % as I type after some mild inter-webbing and the odd text
That's the thing, some days it/they were fine. Then others it was as you described above. In the end i realised that if I gave it a tap it would turn back on usually.
Old 22 November 2014, 08:23 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Received 51 Likes on 34 Posts

When ever I've seen it it's because I turned it the wrong way. Obviously there shouldn't be a wrong way.
Old 22 November 2014, 08:52 PM
jameswrx
Scooby Regular

Received 40 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Cannon Fodder
I've noticed since the update that the screen rotation sometimes doesn't work very well/slow to respond, it's not a major problem more of an annoyance.

I think they'd written a certain aspect of that into the newer software. Say you were viewing in landscape, if you were to lock the screen in landscape, then turn the phone to portrait and unlock it, the screen is still in landscape despite the phone not being so. To get it back you'd need to tip it to landscape and back to portrait. I was able to replicate this every time after first installing iOS 8 which led me to believe that it was intentional. If you were browsing in landscape and locked the phone as if something interrupted you, unlocking would mean you can pick up as before. Might be wrong but never noticed this before iOS 8. Mind you, since 8.1.1 it's changed back to how it was before.

What I don't get is how these bugs happen when they say they've added message sentence suggest and a few other bits, why does safari bugger about or the emails now snarl up? It's ridiculous.

Last edited by jameswrx; 22 November 2014 at 08:57 PM.
Old 22 November 2014, 09:28 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by jameswrx
I think they'd written a certain aspect of that into the newer software. Say you were viewing in landscape, if you were to lock the screen in landscape, then turn the phone to portrait and unlock it, the screen is still in landscape despite the phone not being so. To get it back you'd need to tip it to landscape and back to portrait. I was able to replicate this every time after first installing iOS 8 which led me to believe that it was intentional. If you were browsing in landscape and locked the phone as if something interrupted you, unlocking would mean you can pick up as before. Might be wrong but never noticed this before iOS 8. Mind you, since 8.1.1 it's changed back to how it was before.

What I don't get is how these bugs happen when they say they've added message sentence suggest and a few other bits, why does safari bugger about or the emails now snarl up? It's ridiculous.
I'd say there are way less bugs nowadays and way more people overreacting to ones they're affected by plus simple mediums to moan loudly times by fanboy hype with a sprinkling of click bait.

Calm down and think of all the great things you can do not the insignificant detail that grinds your gears.
Old 23 November 2014, 08:32 AM
dpb
Scooby Regular

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

59 bloody quid, for a battery!
Old 23 November 2014, 10:21 AM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by dpb
59 bloody quid, for a battery!
Yes, really good value isn't it. Now try taking a Nexus into the Nexus store and getting it changed... what! No Nexus store!! OK lets go to Amazon the kit to do it your self is only $70
Amazon.com: Google Nexus 5 Battery Replacement Kit with Video Installation DVD, Installation Tools, and Extended Life Battery: Electronics Amazon.com: Google Nexus 5 Battery Replacement Kit with Video Installation DVD, Installation Tools, and Extended Life Battery: Electronics
evil Apple.
Old 24 November 2014, 06:02 PM
Geezer
Scooby Senior

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long did it take you to find that? I just two, one for £7.95 and one for £24.95.
Old 24 November 2014, 09:42 PM
JackClark
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by Geezer
How long did it take you to find that? I just two, one for £7.95 and one for £24.95.
I've never had to change an iPhone battery.